Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 10

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

FIFA 10 is EA Sports' 2009-2010 edition of the successful football game franchise.

Not cool EA

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

So FIFA 09 was generally accepted as the best FIFA ever, as each years new game is. A while after release a downloadable game mode was released called Ultimate Team. If you don't know what it is, it basically combines FIFA and trading cards. There was a trial but after a few games you had to buy it (if you wanted to play more.) It was a pretty good mode so I went ahead and bought it despite my lack of interest in DLC (just doesn't feel like I own it.) Put some time into it and was looking forward to it in FIFA 10, but it wasn't included. A few weeks ago some DLC came out for FIFA 10...Ultimate team, and yep, you have to pay again. If you release it as DLC for 09, it's got to be in the next game on disc, or not at all. To top it off, EA will be releasing another football game in a few months for the World Cup, which is just a reskinned FIFA 10, but with less teams. Not to worry though, FIFA 11 is out in 5 months. Normally I'm cool with annual franchises but this is a bit much imo.

StarOceaner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StarOceaner

They just do it to get money. They figure if people are willing to pay for DLC, even if it's the same just refined every year, they're willing to put it out on the market.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995

That Ultimate Team situation is pretty stupid. The only reason that they released it as DLC can be the fact that they want your money...and your soul.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JokerSmilez

So you're complaining about having to buy DLC for FIFA 10 when you bought the same DLC for FIFA 09 last year...but not complaining about buying a new FIFA game every year?  Isn't that exactly the same thing but MORE expensive?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

EA asks you to be a whore. If you refuse, then enjoy only part of the game you just bought.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

These are the perils of a mega-corporation's annual franchises I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

people actually play ultimate team? I've never tried it..hmm perhaps its interesting, but im not going to pay to find out. Tough nuggies bud

ibay24Net

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ibay24Net

classic game only once

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.