Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 11

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

FIFA 11 is the yearly, best selling football (soccer) game by EA Sports. FIFA 11 features 11 v 11 online multiplayer and the ability to play as a goalkeeper.

A day in FIFA 11.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

So having recently purchase the excellent FIFA 11 and having gotten more comfortable with it, I decided to do the next logical thing: Create a Pro and try to make him awesome. I start of course by creating myself and making him mirror my favorite player: David Villa. I even put him on FCB. I make these choices because I am a noob and this is what feels familiar, comfortable, and accessible to me.  

Ok now that all the leg work is out of the way, I start a season. My first game ends in a 8-0 shutout with my character scoring 4 of the goals. Next game is 5-- with my charcter again scoring 4 of the goals. The next game, I get overconfident and sloppy and have to really bust it out but my character ends up pulling FCB past the tie with 3 goals in the 2nd half, leading us to a 5-2 victory. I also end up getting Abidal red-carded due to my agression. 

I briefly note, and I usually don't even notice this, but my guy's stamina is pretty low. Like bottom fifth of the bar low. 
     Then the thought "dude, this is a sports sim, and you ran him into the ground." popped into my head. 

Sure enough, I get an email from the coach stating that, due to my level of fitness, I will be sitting out for the next few games. I become very upset as I realized I would spend the next 20 minutes watching a calendar get marked off day by day, and then having to choose "Skip Match" and watch a screen where the game results are simulated. 

Ugh. 

I watch Barcelona win 1-0, then tie 1-1, then lose 2-1. Then I get an email saying Puyol was injured during practice and would have to sit out. That guy is my best defender. Then an email saying Pique was suspended for 5 games. 

I am quickly feeling very lost and very desperate.  

But there is hope! An email from the coach acknowledging that he had taken me out for a few games, and that now  he wanted to see what I was made of and not to let him down. I eagerly advance to the next match. "This time, " I tell myself "don't be a hero."  I play somewhat more responsibly and get in a modest 2 of the 4 goals in our 4-0 shutout. No fouls, no red cards. Overall a decent game of football. 

I am awarded with an advancement from Reserve to Club Member status.  

I am overjoyed.  My feelings of being slapped in the face are wiped clean and I have an even greater appreciation of the game. 

And now having processed all these emotions, I need sleep.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

So having recently purchase the excellent FIFA 11 and having gotten more comfortable with it, I decided to do the next logical thing: Create a Pro and try to make him awesome. I start of course by creating myself and making him mirror my favorite player: David Villa. I even put him on FCB. I make these choices because I am a noob and this is what feels familiar, comfortable, and accessible to me.  

Ok now that all the leg work is out of the way, I start a season. My first game ends in a 8-0 shutout with my character scoring 4 of the goals. Next game is 5-- with my charcter again scoring 4 of the goals. The next game, I get overconfident and sloppy and have to really bust it out but my character ends up pulling FCB past the tie with 3 goals in the 2nd half, leading us to a 5-2 victory. I also end up getting Abidal red-carded due to my agression. 

I briefly note, and I usually don't even notice this, but my guy's stamina is pretty low. Like bottom fifth of the bar low. 
     Then the thought "dude, this is a sports sim, and you ran him into the ground." popped into my head. 

Sure enough, I get an email from the coach stating that, due to my level of fitness, I will be sitting out for the next few games. I become very upset as I realized I would spend the next 20 minutes watching a calendar get marked off day by day, and then having to choose "Skip Match" and watch a screen where the game results are simulated. 

Ugh. 

I watch Barcelona win 1-0, then tie 1-1, then lose 2-1. Then I get an email saying Puyol was injured during practice and would have to sit out. That guy is my best defender. Then an email saying Pique was suspended for 5 games. 

I am quickly feeling very lost and very desperate.  

But there is hope! An email from the coach acknowledging that he had taken me out for a few games, and that now  he wanted to see what I was made of and not to let him down. I eagerly advance to the next match. "This time, " I tell myself "don't be a hero."  I play somewhat more responsibly and get in a modest 2 of the 4 goals in our 4-0 shutout. No fouls, no red cards. Overall a decent game of football. 

I am awarded with an advancement from Reserve to Club Member status.  

I am overjoyed.  My feelings of being slapped in the face are wiped clean and I have an even greater appreciation of the game. 

And now having processed all these emotions, I need sleep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.