Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 11

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

FIFA 11 is the yearly, best selling football (soccer) game by EA Sports. FIFA 11 features 11 v 11 online multiplayer and the ability to play as a goalkeeper.

Am I the only American who is psyched for Fifa 11?

• 54 results
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

Who else in the US of A can't wait to get their hands on a copy of Fifa 11 at the end of the month? I feel like the only one, prove me wrong... or we can just turn this thread into an angry debate whether it's called Football or Soccer. Your Choice.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's called soccer because when America speaks, the world listens.

macgrill122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By macgrill122

No, you are not the only one, I'm very excited for FIFA 11. Like the demo a lot.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FourWude
    @JJWeatherman said:

" It's called soccer because when America speaks, the world listens. "

It's called Soccer because it's the abbreviated short form of ASOCCIATION Football (which was the full original name for the sport), which in turn used to be called Assoc Football, which in turn became Soccer.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jimbo
    @JJWeatherman said:
    Our football game sells twice as many copies as your football game.  Waddya think of that, huh?  Also, my Dad is stronger than yours.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @FourWude said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

It's called Soccer because it's the abbreviated short form of ASOCCIATION Football (which was the full original name for the sport), which in turn used to be called Assoc Football, which in turn became Soccer. "
    O_O
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Jimbo said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

Our football game sells twice as many copies as your football game.  Waddya think of that, huh?  Also, my Dad is stronger than yours. "
    O yeah?! I'd bet you a shiny nickel that my dad could beat up your dad! Or should I say, your Fad! Ha!

:| 

@FourWude: Oh and now that you mention it, I do remember that.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raymayne

No.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

Yes.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jimbo
    @JJWeatherman: Too far, dude :(
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grissefar

And I am the only European who is not psyched for FIFA 11. It's like we have the same problem. Cool, bro.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Grissefar: Sick avatar bro-ski
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Binman88
    @Grissefar said:
    " And I am the only European who is not psyched for FIFA 11. It's like we have the same problem. Cool, bro. "
    I'm European and I'm not really psyched for it either, but I'll probably still buy it for the minor improvements and squad updates. The demo was good, but there's still a bunch of minor things that they haven't fixed that bug me a little - one issue for example: goalkeepers often not trying to stop a ball going out of play for a corner if a shot deflected off one of their defenders and they have ample time and space to stop it.  

Also tried the PES demo and couldn't get to grips with the movement and controls.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Warfare

No FIFA for me this year .  

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Gav47

I'll buy it this year but only because Gamestop gave me a €25 voucher for it when I bought my slim 360, these days I try not to get looped into annual sequels were possible.

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Liono88

Yeah I'm stoked to play the new Fifa because I'm tired as hell of Fifa 10, too many hours logged.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am really excited for FIFA 11!

ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ezdude

the entirety of latino-americans are also stocked for the game with you. lol

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Wolverine: Are you Italian American or of other European origin?
    Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#20  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Eh America can keeps its Madden. Why is that even still called Madden? It's not like there's another game that can provide a legit NFL experience. Just call it NFL 11. 

I'm a yank and I dig FIFA and will be getting this. Normally I'm wary of EA's annualized sports games, but the demo sold me.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cjmabry

I can't wait. The world cup this year got me hooked. Now I just have to figure all of these leagues out. It's kind of REEEALLY confusing lol

KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KennyPowers

I love FIFA, but I was a little disappointed by the demo compared to last years game.  Im still gettin it though

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HereAllDay

:)
    EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @Jimbo said:

Our football game sells twice as many copies as your football game.  Waddya think of that, huh?  
    I really doubt that Madden sells more copies worldwide than FIFA. 
    Madden 10 sold about 2.7 million copies worldwide last year, FIFA 10 sold more than 4.5 million so you are wrong.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jimbo
    @EnchantedEcho said:
    " @Jimbo said:

Our football game sells twice as many copies as your football game.  Waddya think of that, huh?  
    I really doubt that Madden sells more copies worldwide than FIFA. Madden 10 sold about 2.7 million copies worldwide last year, FIFA 10 sold more than 4.5 million so you are wrong. "
    *facepalm*
    Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Bigrhyno

I'm likely going to get it. I don't really watch soccer (football) unless it's like the World Cup or a big game, but it's a really well made game that is a lot of fun.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @Jimbo said:

" @EnchantedEcho said:

" @Jimbo said:

I really doubt that Madden sells more copies worldwide than FIFA. Madden 10 sold about 2.7 million copies worldwide last year, FIFA 10 sold more than 4.5 million so you are wrong. "
    *facepalm* "
    Wait, oh... 
    Sorry, it was late I just finished an 8 hour long Civ 5 binge.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HereAllDay
    @cjmabry said:
    " I can't wait. The world cup this year got me hooked. Now I just have to figure all of these leagues out. It's kind of REEEALLY confusing lol "
    Let me help you out here, each country has various divisions, example: the Premier league is the top division in England followed by the Championships. Each year when these divisions play they get points on how they performed, usually, a win is 3 points, a draw is 1 point and no points for a loss. As long as they stay out of the bottom 3 of their division they are safe, if they are however in the bottom 3 they get relegated to the lower division while the top 2 teams from the lower divisions are automatically promoted while teams 3-6 in the table are in the playoffs and one of them gets promoted along with the top 2. 

There are other tournaments in a season aswell like the Champions League which is probably the biggest of all of these as the best teams from all over Europe participate. All teams who finish 1st in their country's table get automatic qualification while the teams who finish 2nd - 4th have to play qualifiers. 

Hopefully thats enough information to get you started for now, if you're having trouble picking a team to support I think you should watch some top division football from a few countries and see which team's playing style you like best.
    killawogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By killawogg

im stoked for fifa 11 this will be my first fifa game i bought on day one.  I got hooked on soccer or football (  im fine with either name ) during this years world cup and now im into the premier league match ups, i love the tension of which team is going to score the first goal.  still trying to decide on which team to follow, chelsea, liverpool, or the hot spurs. over all i found a new respect for the game and im excited to try out fifa 11  

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By valrog

It's called Football.

@sharma55

said:

"

:) "
    ^^ Also, Handegg is just a pussy version of Rugby.
    angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By angelofioren

Umm, does Canada count?
    I'm looking forward to it as well.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By drjota

Yes.Well,I'd be more psyched if Uncle Sam was as psyched...damn economy jokes.

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By MrKart

I've been wanting to pick up a new FIFA for a while now... my last one was 2003. I still have that stupid Avril Lavigne remix song thing stuck in my head. -_-

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By lethalki11ler

As a Canadian living in the netherlands, I got to admit that FIFA 11 is one of my most, if not the most, anticipated games of the whole year. After birth By sleep and Starcraft 2, there is no better way to end the year than playing a football game for hours. This and NHL 11 are in my opinion the only games that are required in a person's collection every year (new iterations).

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cjmabry
    @sharma55: Thanks for that. I'm thinking I'm slowly beginning to understand.  

So like, The Premier League has Man-U and Chelsea and Arsenal and such, and that's England's League? La Liga or whatever people call it has Barcelona and Real Madrid and such, and this is Spain's League? The Premier League table says Everton, West Ham and Wigan Athletic are bottom 3, so they get sort of kicked out of the Premier League at the end of the season? Or do they go to a worse division in the Premier League? If not where do they go haha? And the points won in League play go to get into Europe-wide tournaments, such as UEFA (that's the champions league right?) Is their a championship within the Premier League at the end of the season, ala the Super Bowl of each League? 

Thanks for your help haha. 

SUPER PUMPED FOR FIFA 11 TOMORROW! WOOOOOOOO!!! 
    Transit3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Transit3

I'll be picking it up.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Im canadian,but i live in America and im psyched for FIFA 11. 

Does that count?

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @FourWude said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

It's called Soccer because it's the abbreviated short form of ASOCCIATION Football (which was the full original name for the sport), which in turn used to be called Assoc Football, which in turn became Soccer. "
    O_O "
    In america that is,but in the rest of the world its called football.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pessh
    @cjmabry:  Each county has their own divisions. The first division In England is the Premier League, the second division is the championship. The three teams with the least amount of points in the Premier League at the end of the season get relegated to the championship, and the three teams with the most points in the championship get promoted to the premier league. There's no playoffs, no super bowl, whoever has the most points wins. The top teams from each country go into the Champions league, the number of teams varies for each county but the top four qualify in England. Division relegations/promotions is common to all countrys, not just England.
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pumped. I'm Canadian and its called football :) 

@cjmabry:

You have the English Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, and Bundesliga. These are the top leagues in Europe. Respectively, England, Italy, Spain, and Germany. Each league consists of 20 teams. Each team plays 38 games a season. Each team plays each other team twice-once home and once away(The Bundelisga is an exception; it consists of 18 teams and thus 34 games are played by each team in a season). The team with the most points (3-win, 1-draw, 0-loss) wins "the League". On top of this, there is a domestic competition. A tournament in each respective league. Mostly people don't care about their domestic competition, and they use those games to rest their main players. 

On top of all this there are two UEFA torunaments: The Champions league, and the UEFA Europa League. The Champions League (CL) is the most important tournament teams will play in. It spans across all Europe. The winner of the CL is deemed the best team in Europe. To get into the CL you need to qualify from the previous domestic season. Each League has a different amount of "spots" in the Champions league. The English, Italian, and Spanish league have 3 spots, while the German has 2. So if one year Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal finish in the top 3 in the English Premier League (EPL) last year, this year they are all qualified for the CL. The FOURTH team in the EPL plays in a qualifying round to try and get into the CL. This is the same with the Spanish League and Italian League. The German League, since it only has two spots available, the third team enters the qualifying round. 

The UEFA Europa League is the "lesser" Champions League. It is played by the teams that finish 4-6 in their respective leagues. It follows the same format. Also if a team falls out of the CL early, they automatically go into the Europa League. The Europa League, while prestigious, is not really cared about. Almost all attention is paid to the CL or the respective leagues. The Champions League final, usually played at the end of the regular season, in late may. (Last year was on May 22nd). The Champions League final is the closest "game" you will find to the Super Bowl. The number of viewers are close, I believe the CL final has more though.
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grissefar said:
    " And I am the only European who is not psyched for FIFA 11. It's like we have the same problem. Cool, bro. "
    No I couldn't care less about football, and I'm British.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HereAllDay
    @cjmabry said:
    @arab_prince said:
    " I am pumped. I'm Canadian and its called football :) 

@cjmabry:
       You have the English Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, and Bundesliga. These are the top leagues in Europe. Respectively, England, Italy, Spain, and Germany. Each league consists of 20 teams. Each team plays 38 games a season. Each team plays each other team twice-once home and once away(The Bundelisga is an exception; it consists of 18 teams and thus 34 games are played by each team in a season). The team with the most points (3-win, 1-draw, 0-loss) wins "the League". On top of this, there is a domestic competition. A tournament in each respective league. Mostly people don't care about their domestic competition, and they use those games to rest their main players.  On top of all this there are two UEFA torunaments: The Champions league, and the UEFA Europa League. The Champions League (CL) is the most important tournament teams will play in. It spans across all Europe. The winner of the CL is deemed the best team in Europe. To get into the CL you need to qualify from the previous domestic season. Each League has a different amount of "spots" in the Champions league. The English, Italian, and Spanish league have 3 spots, while the German has 2. So if one year Manchester United, Chelsea, and Arsenal finish in the top 3 in the English Premier League (EPL) last year, this year they are all qualified for the CL. The FOURTH team in the EPL plays in a qualifying round to try and get into the CL. This is the same with the Spanish League and Italian League. The German League, since it only has two spots available, the third team enters the qualifying round.  The UEFA Europa League is the "lesser" Champions League. It is played by the teams that finish 4-6 in their respective leagues. It follows the same format. Also if a team falls out of the CL early, they automatically go into the Europa League. The Europa League, while prestigious, is not really cared about. Almost all attention is paid to the CL or the respective leagues. The Champions League final, usually played at the end of the regular season, in late may. (Last year was on May 22nd). The Champions League final is the closest "game" you will find to the Super Bowl. The number of viewers are close, I believe the CL final has more though. "

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b65b74e68e3e
    deactivated-5b65b74e68e3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to it. But, as an American, I refuse to call it football. It's soccer.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cjmabry

@Pessh and @ arab_prince 

Thanks so much for this haha. I'm starting to get it. So pretty much the Champion's League is THE thing to win? I guess I'll learn more when I put in my fresh copy of FIFA 11. WOOO! time to get down to business haha

Frekydelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Frekydelic

I absolutely ADORED FIFA 10, so you can almost bet FIFA 11 will be in my possession when it hits shelves. I'm wasn't even much of a soccer/football fan, and that game made me a fan. Easily one of my favorite sports games of all time.

So yeah, probably gonna pick it up.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Raymayne

No you are not.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oopprraahh

Installing to my 360 right now.  I can not wait to start up a new career,  gonna go like I normally do and start with an MLS club, thanks to the mario tifo display by the Chicago Fire supporters that'll be my club.

No Caption Provided
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lukeweizer

Yes. The only person in the world.

thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thwak

I have it. Kinda miffed that there's no MLS stadiums though.

I know it's the MLS but really? Nothing at all?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By sopranosfan

:) "
    ^^ Also, Handegg is just a pussy version of Rugby. "

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/42/7/595.abstract 
    You sir are wrong and the above link to the article is proof although I am sure somebody will know more than the British Journal of Sports Medicine.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.