Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 11

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

FIFA 11 is the yearly, best selling football (soccer) game by EA Sports. FIFA 11 features 11 v 11 online multiplayer and the ability to play as a goalkeeper.

FIFA11 Discussion

• 60 results
    mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By mattbosten

Still playing both demos at the moment (PES and FIFA). Will make a decision when both are out but neither are really grabbing me this year.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By sixghost
    @Adziboy said:
    " I played about 10-20 games before I started getting good at manual. After 30 games (so a season in career mode almost) I was playing competitively online with Manual controls. If not, I suggest semi. Assisted requries basically no skill, really.  Pro Passing Power -  ONPassing -  SEMIShooting - SEMIThroughball - SEMI (or manual)Crossing -  SEMIAuto switching - OFF Lob pass - Manual (much, much better. Try it.)  Tips for learning Manual: Start with passing. Change it to manual, keep everything the same. Play about 5 - 10 games, JUST passing. No crossing, shooting... just passing. Then change throughball. Now attempt throughballs, passes and the occasional shot (on assisted). Play for about 2 - 5 games. Change everything but shooting to manual (change shooting to semi) and play 5 games. If you arent winning, play another 5. Keep going till you're winning. Finally, change to manual shooting. It's great once you get used to it. Aim for the middle of the goal everytime, then slightly change it once you get used to it.  Good luck! "
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By valrog
    @Adziboy said:
    " @valrog said:
    " So... PES or FIFA? "
    FIFA is so much better it's stupid. Can't believe Konami made sales this year. "
    I knew it. My friends are just butthurt and in denial.
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By ZimboDK

Finally a good Fifa for the PC! Been waiting many, many years for this. I really like it, it provides a good challenge. My old tactic of getting the ball, do a fancy move and sprint past the opponents doesn't work anymore. You really have to pass the ball around and try to create opportunities for yourself. Anyway, finally scored my first decent goal: 

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By adziboy
    @ZimboDK:  

Wow, that's really good. Is that Scholes?
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By ZimboDK
    @Adziboy: Nope, that's me. Well, a thinner and faster me. I'm just going through the Be A Pro mode.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By valrog

Ok, I finally played FIFA 11 on PC.

Wow, just... Wow. It went beyond any expectation I could possibly have. It's not just a PS2 port, but it feels like a true FIFA game that we've been waiting for the last half a decade.

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By martindn

Ill be going with pes this year i think, i didnt like 08,09,or 10 and i bought fifa during the years after pes 06, but for me pes 11 is a vastly superior game over pes 2010 and it made the biggest improvements (mainly over the shoddy engine it had), and also because i mainly use the pc now. And even though fifa 11 seems to be better than previous installments on the pc, its still last years game - which i have on the 360.

For me fifa is always better to play when you have friends over, for the people who dont play alot of football games and can get into it straight away, but pes for me will always be the harder game and its what i want when im alone. So ill most likeley end up purchasing fifa 11 for the 360.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mnzy

Honestly, I can't believe how anybody can play PES  and call it harder or more realistic or whatever. I played the demo for 2011 for quite a few matches with friends who all play football games for years, it is so arcady and unrealistic, I can honestly call it absolutely terrible as a simulation.
    Until PES2008 I was absolutely loyal to PES, but not anymore. I don't know what they've been smoking, but they should stop.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jamesisaacs

I got FIFA 11 last night, finally and WoW, it's like EA improved on everything 10x up to the games release. I know demos arent the final product but the difference between the demo and the full game is amazing!

Also my Virtual Pro looks like me and Thierry Henry mixed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.