Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 11

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

FIFA 11 is the yearly, best selling football (soccer) game by EA Sports. FIFA 11 features 11 v 11 online multiplayer and the ability to play as a goalkeeper.

Freezing after every pro club match? Here's a solution...

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By NickBOTT

So after every single pro club match I played with friends I noticed that my player became "undefined"  and every time my club tried to search for a new game we wouldn't be able to play bc my player was still "undefined"  Now I used to be able to simply back out to the main menu of the game and then rejoin my club and that would solve the problem but eventually what started happening was that every time I tried to back out to the main menu the game would freeze.  Also if for some reason I was able to back out to the main menu, whenever I tried to rejoin the club it would also freeze.  Eventually I figured out a way to solve this problem and thought I'd share it bc I know how annoying it can get playing a game then having to reboot or dashboard play a game reboot/dashboard etc.  Ok here we go:

Step 1:  When u return to the locker room after a game slam B as fast as you can to get back to the free roam arena.  I noticed if u just tap B to try and go back it'll freeze but hitting B fast will send u back without freezing.

Step 2:  Start an exhibition match then quit it as soon as you can.  I noticed if you successfully back out to the main menu then think u can just rejoin your club you'll freeze again, but by starting an exhibition match then quitting it as soon as u can you'll be ok.

Step 3:  After quitting the exhibition match you should be free to rejoin your club freeze free

i don't know how I stumbled on figuring it out but it works for me every time and it's a lot less annoying then rebooting my XBOX or dashboarding after every single game.  Hope it works for anyone else who has this problem!
    NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By NickBOTT

So after every single pro club match I played with friends I noticed that my player became "undefined"  and every time my club tried to search for a new game we wouldn't be able to play bc my player was still "undefined"  Now I used to be able to simply back out to the main menu of the game and then rejoin my club and that would solve the problem but eventually what started happening was that every time I tried to back out to the main menu the game would freeze.  Also if for some reason I was able to back out to the main menu, whenever I tried to rejoin the club it would also freeze.  Eventually I figured out a way to solve this problem and thought I'd share it bc I know how annoying it can get playing a game then having to reboot or dashboard play a game reboot/dashboard etc.  Ok here we go:

Step 1:  When u return to the locker room after a game slam B as fast as you can to get back to the free roam arena.  I noticed if u just tap B to try and go back it'll freeze but hitting B fast will send u back without freezing.

Step 2:  Start an exhibition match then quit it as soon as you can.  I noticed if you successfully back out to the main menu then think u can just rejoin your club you'll freeze again, but by starting an exhibition match then quitting it as soon as u can you'll be ok.

Step 3:  After quitting the exhibition match you should be free to rejoin your club freeze free

i don't know how I stumbled on figuring it out but it works for me every time and it's a lot less annoying then rebooting my XBOX or dashboarding after every single game.  Hope it works for anyone else who has this problem!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.