Giant Bomb 11

• 51 results
#1 Edited by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

So I played the 11 vs 11 on Fifa today... Within 5 minutes my team had to forfit because some idiots get their players sent off. This happens to often because people are stupid. Fact!

Lets fix this! 

Who would like to band together as the Giant Bomb 11. Where we meet up once or twice a week and play as a team of 11 or as many as we can get on. I am personally xbox360 but if someone wishes to Captain and organise the PS3 team then go ahead. Post in this thread and I will add you to the list and please discuss best time for you to play weekly. It WILL be an EU friendly time as most of us will be from the EU.  (Please post your Xbox gamertag or Ps3 equiv.) No need to post your position This is a social event, so everyone will get a chance to play in the more popular spots (aka striker).

Its official! Giant Bomb 11 Pro Club has been made on the Xbox!!! Once you accept my xbox friend request I will send you a fifa 11 invite to join the club. This invite can be found on fifa 11 at - xbox live - my fifa online - player hub - inbox. We are Giant Bomb 11 and we play at Luchadeer Park.

REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR VIRTUAL PRO!!! SO PLEASE LEVEL YOUR VP UP A LITTLE 

How to play - When there is a few of us on, you go to the pro club menu, and we can launch a match from there. This means we can play 11 vs 11, it means we can play together whenever. the XBOX set time will be Mondays at 8BST. This will change to 8GMT once the clocks change which is this weekend I believe for us UK players. HOWEVER YOU CAN PLAY WHENEVER, this is just the set time to play so that as many of us are on as possible. In the club menu you can play with 2 or 3 of the other club members. 

On Monday please try to be on, as I will be and we can discuss how this works etc. For now just join the club and we will get a few games rolling!

Xbox 360 team:
Captain - mattjam3000 
ryanrulez93 
Perplexed mind   
 transformer115 
 PsychONeill 
 stompsink  
 CJ Chinaski  
  Tonic7 
 HiroProtagonyst 
 dankempster 
 MjHealy  
 Somekindof F0ZY 
 JGW7892

Ps3 team: 
 Captain - scuudz
KaosAngel
 jubeiyagyuX
 Markini6 
 gav_14_14
 Shibbxyz 
#2 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

PS3 

Ball Kicker - KaosAngel (I don't touch balls with my hands!)

#3 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Thanks for the fast reply. Added. Hope we can get this running because the 11 a side would be so fun with people who are not stupid and attempting to ruin everyones experience!

#4 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

360  - ryanrulez93

Defender preferably right back. 

Still haven't tried the 11 vs 11stuff...

#5 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Sorry I should of made it more clear, no need to post your position. This is a fun and social event so everyone will have a chance to play everywhere, do not want to force someone to be the keeper everytime!

#6 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Mid please 

xbox 360 - Perplexed mind

#7 Posted by jubeiyagyuX (2 posts) -

PS3  
jubeiyagyuX - mid or forward

#8 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

PS3 - Markini6

Usually prefer to play midfield on the wing

#9 Posted by theodacourt (535 posts) -

xbox 360 - transformer115 .  My guys a creative forward

#10 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Thanks to all those who have added, and thanks to Zombie for the twitter announcement, lets hope some more join up! Need one of you PS3 guys to take the reigns and organise it though please :)

#11 Posted by PsychONeill (31 posts) -

PsychONeill   - 360  

I'll play anywhere :)

#12 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

gav_14_14  -ps3
 i play whenever

#13 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

I'm well up for playing on the 360 team, don't mind where, not in goal though. 

CJ Chinaski
#14 Edited by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Ok so I was researching how this is going to work. I will send you all invites on xbox ofcourse. However it seems you cannot play 11 vs 11 random people. The only option I could find was xbox live party, which is like 5 or 6 people right? The other option is to play 11 vs 11 of people you know. EA are terrible and always have been with teaming up on Fifa games. I cannot figure out how to get 11 of us vs 11 random people, if anyone knows how to do this then please enlighten me!

Edit : Xbox live party is 8 people so we can do 8 vs randoms.. how stupid is that

#15 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -

I don't play this game and have no clue about soccer/football in general but having eleven dudes play a sport game on a team at the same time is pretty rad, so I fully endorse this :D

#16 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@mattjam3000 said:
" Ok so I was researching how this is going to work. I will send you all invites on xbox ofcourse. However it seems you cannot play 11 vs 11 random people. The only option I could find was xbox live party, which is like 5 or 6 people right? The other option is to play 11 vs 11 of people you know. EA are terrible and always have been with teaming up on Fifa games. I cannot figure out how to get 11 of us vs 11 random people, if anyone knows how to do this then please enlighten me!  Edit : Xbox live party is 8 people so we can do 8 vs randoms.. how stupid is that "
You can always coordinate a time. Then create a party of 8, and when a game gets started, invited 3 other duders to join. Or if we get 22 people just do our own game, thought I don't think we have enough yet .
#17 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" @mattjam3000 said:
" Ok so I was researching how this is going to work. I will send you all invites on xbox ofcourse. However it seems you cannot play 11 vs 11 random people. The only option I could find was xbox live party, which is like 5 or 6 people right? The other option is to play 11 vs 11 of people you know. EA are terrible and always have been with teaming up on Fifa games. I cannot figure out how to get 11 of us vs 11 random people, if anyone knows how to do this then please enlighten me!  Edit : Xbox live party is 8 people so we can do 8 vs randoms.. how stupid is that "
You can always coordinate a time. Then create a party of 8, and when a game gets started, invited 3 other duders to join. Or if we get 22 people just do our own game, thought I don't think we have enough yet . "
Yeah this is certainly the way to do it. I doubt we will get 22 but you never know! Il be sending out friend requests tommo. If the guys could messege me on xbox or Giant Bomb their prefered time of day to play. Thanks
#18 Posted by Android22 (71 posts) -

HiroProtagonyst, I want in. lol

#19 Posted by Tonic7 (238 posts) -

I'd play the Xbox360 version. My gamertag is Tonic7

#20 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@Android22 said:
" HiroProtagonyst, I want in. lol "
what console?
#21 Posted by Android22 (71 posts) -

x360 version for me.

#22 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@mattjam3000: I play clubs ALOT. Over 1000 games on Fifa 10, and about 500 on Fifa 09. I'll play on this club if you guys want. I'm a Centre Forward/Centre Attacking Mid/Right Wing.
#23 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@mattjam3000 said:
Wait a minute. You do know there is such a thing as Pro Clubs, right? You create a club that can have, I don't know... 50 people on it assuming from the number of people you can have on the bench. 11 people pick their positions and you search for a game. It doesn't have to always be against 11 other people though. Pro clubs is smart enough to try and match you up with the same amount of people, though. Not always, but it tries.
#24 Edited by scuudz (7 posts) -

PS3 - scuudz 

I would be willing to coordinate the PS3 side of this.  I, too, am sick of ball hogs, show offs, and GKs that just want to ruin everyone else's experience. 

Im in Canada in the Central Time Zone.  So GMT-6.....soon to be GMT-5.  I am available to play most weekdays between 5 and 7pm my time....so late night in Europe which I think may suit people there.  On the weekend, I can play whenever except early in the morning :-) 

If all you PS3 guys/gals can let me know your availability, we can get something going.  It will be nice to play matches involving people that actually PASS the ball.
#25 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" @mattjam3000 said:
Wait a minute. You do know there is such a thing as Pro Clubs, right? You create a club that can have, I don't know... 50 people on it assuming from the number of people you can have on the bench. 11 people pick their positions and you search for a game. It doesn't have to always be against 11 other people though. Pro clubs is smart enough to try and match you up with the same amount of people, though. Not always, but it tries. "
This. I remember this from Fifa 10 and 09. But I could not find the option on Fifa 11, the menus are just terrible. Where do I go to create the pro club?
#26 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@scuudz said:
" PS3 - scuudz  I would be willing to coordinate the PS3 side of this.  I, too, am sick of ball hogs, show offs, and GKs that just want to ruin everyone else's experience.  Im in Canada in the Central Time Zone.  So GMT-6.....soon to be GMT-5.  I am available to play most weekdays between 5 and 7pm my time....so late night in Europe which I think may suit people there.  On the weekend, I can play whenever except early in the morning :-)  If all you PS3 guys/gals can let me know your availability, we can get something going.  It will be nice to play matches involving people that actually PASS the ball. "
Thank you Scuudz. So all Ps3 players should be getting a friend request from Scuudz and get that pro club up and running. See if you can come up with a better team name than Giant Bomb 11!
#27 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

I'd definitely be up for this. I probably won't be available on a regular basis (damn Uni commitments), but I'd be interested in dipping in now and again, if you can accommodate me. I'm on 360 and my Gamertag is dankempster.

#28 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Its official! Giant Bomb 11 Pro Club has been made on the Xbox!!! Once you accept my xbox friend request I will send you a fifa 11 invite to join the club. This invite can be found on fifa 11 at - xbox live - my fifa online - player hub - inbox. 

Had to sort through all kinds of crappy menus to create this club!

#29 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@mattjam3000: Pro - Pro Clubs. 

So easy once you know what you're doing.
#30 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" @mattjam3000: Pro - Pro Clubs.  So easy once you know what you're doing. "
Yep ive done it. But you have to create a virtual pro first which you didnt use to. Last time I played this game mode I just played as Real Madrid with some friends and we didnt have to use our own players. Anyway its all set up now, just waiting for people to accept my friend requests.
#31 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@mattjam3000: I'll play using my other account as I'm already in a club with friends, we've been playing together since 09. The other account is Somekindof F0ZY 

That's f0zy, with a zero.
#32 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@mattjam3000: Also, I can record the matches and put them on youtube. :)
#33 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" @mattjam3000: Also, I can record the matches and put them on youtube. :) "
Ha awesome mate. Il send you a request tonight, just about to have dinner. Did a few trial matches with a friend and its good fun I must say!
#34 Posted by scuudz (7 posts) -

Great! 

I will send out friend requests/join club requests to all you PS3 folks in a bit.  I have already made a club......Wolverines FC (sorry...best I could come up with).  If you get online before me, feel free to search for the club and request to join.  The more the merrier.  I can share managerial duties with someone else too, so that if I'm not online things can still be seamless.   

I think not being super serious about one's position will be key i.e. switching positions around every so often.  This might benefit the team and each individual Virtual Pro too.  Obviously, not every VP is as efficient in every position.  For example, my VP is a big guy (like me) so he's designed for ball-winning in the middle of the park.  So, I'd be best suited playing as a CDM, rather than on the wing, but I'd love to try it on occassion.  Don't mind playing in defense either. 

I look forward to forming a strong team with you all (lets hope we get some more PS3 folks on here!) 

#35 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@scuudz said:
"

Great! 

I will send out friend requests/join club requests to all you PS3 folks in a bit.  I have already made a club......Wolverines FC (sorry...best I could come up with).  If you get online before me, feel free to search for the club and request to join.  The more the merrier.  I can share managerial duties with someone else too, so that if I'm not online things can still be seamless.   

I think not being super serious about one's position will be key i.e. switching positions around every so often.  This might benefit the team and each individual Virtual Pro too.  Obviously, not every VP is as efficient in every position.  For example, my VP is a big guy (like me) so he's designed for ball-winning in the middle of the park.  So, I'd be best suited playing as a CDM, rather than on the wing, but I'd love to try it on occassion.  Don't mind playing in defense either. 

I look forward to forming a strong team with you all (lets hope we get some more PS3 folks on here!) 

"
Very sensible, the same goes for us Xboxers ofc. Changing the position of your Virtual Pro changes the stats, but the overal score does not go down so it benefits to chop and change, so we will also do this
#36 Posted by MjHealy (1851 posts) -

360 - MjHealy

Sure why not? There probably isn't much choice left but a central mid role would be nice.

#37 Posted by scuudz (7 posts) -

Alright! 

Invites have been sent out to join Wolverines FC to all the PS3ers in this thread, except KaosAngel.  For some reason, it said user found when I entered his/her id in the field, but then said user not found when I hit send invite.  If you're reading this Kaos, then if you do a search for Wolverines FC and send in a club join request, I'll accept and we can go from there.   

There are already 3 members in the club (including me) as of 2 hours ago.   
#38 Posted by scuudz (7 posts) -

How about we set up a time to play for all the PS3 folks this weekend?   

How about 1030 am Sunday morning CST (Central) that is 6 hours behind UTC/GMT (I think it changes to 5 hours behind this weekend?).  So it would be 4.30pm on Sunday in England IF THE TIME HASNT CHANGED.  If the time has changed then, it will be 3.30pm in England.  

So far, in the club we have: 
 Markini6 
jubeiyagyuX 
vuzeison 
leop32 
scuudz 

Need a few more bodies here, so Im hoping Kaos Angel  and gav will join soon too.

#39 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Dont forget Monday at 8GMT is our first proper meeting where as many as possible will hopefully be online. If your not their and you do not tell me why I will give you DAS BOOOOOT. Also dont forget that the clocks go back tonight (UK)

#40 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

I'm up for it 
 Xbox GT = JGW7892

#41 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -
@mattjam3000 said:
" Dont forget Monday at 8GMT is our first proper meeting where as many as possible will hopefully be online. If your not their and you do not tell me why I will give you DAS BOOOOOT. Also dont forget that the clocks go back tonight (UK) "
Sorry mate but I'm away from my 360 for the whole of this week so I won't be able to play. 
#42 Posted by scuudz (7 posts) -

I am sorry to report that the PS3 meeting of this was an epic fail.  Only jubeiyagyuX and  I were online at the set time, and he/she was playing another game!!! HA! 

Its a pity, I was looking forward to it.  If there are people interested at a later date, Id be more than happy to jump in.  I will be checking this topic regularly.
#43 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@Wilkins_III: 
I added everyone on xbox and sent everyone a message so unless they dont check their xbox they should know
#44 Posted by PsychONeill (31 posts) -

Yeah really enjoyed that guys, cheers. I haven't played a lot of the Be a Pro stuff so my player needs a bit of work but I'm glad we managed to get that win at the end. Some nice football, great link up play and I think with a better connection we would have won more games.

#45 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -

Thanks for the kind words guys. Was really enjoyable and no need to explain yourself Stomp you did very well controlling the team and it showed in a win and a draw! 

Thanks to everyone for turning up that was really good, at one point there was 6 of us so im really happy how that turned out. Lets hope we get similar numbers next week.

Remember that if you see someone online just send them an invite and get some club games going! No need to only do it on Monday. It is for fun so the stats really dont matter. You are all managers so feel free to invite your friends, GB users or not. See you all soon!

#46 Posted by MjHealy (1851 posts) -

Cheers for the games guys. I have never really given online team play a go. I played it once and it was a terrible experience. Good to see that we won eventually, even if I missed that part.

#47 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@MjHealy: 
Yeah I set it to find only games in the British Isles and the lag seemed to go. Once there was less (not none!) lag it was really good fun and we played some really good games.
#48 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

im up for playin some 11 v 11 online add me on ps3 
Shibbxyz

#49 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Shit, why did I not know about this?!

Haven't been on Fifa much lately so would love to get back into it.

Gamertag - Watanabe Kazuma

#50 Posted by mattjam3000 (443 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
" Shit, why did I not know about this?!

Haven't been on Fifa much lately so would love to get back into it.

Gamertag - Watanabe Kazuma "
Which Console mate?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.