Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 12

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

FIFA 12 is set to be EA Sports' 2011 iteration of the franchise, covering the 2011-2012 season and will introduce tactical defending, precision dribbling and enhanced AI.

The famous FIFA hacks, and I thought it wouldn't happen to me. :(

MarcusCoxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By MarcusCoxus

Well, it appears my Xbox Live account has been hijacked be someone else. FIFA 12 is listed on my achievements... but I've never played it. My Gamertag has also been assigned to a different Windows Live ID and I can't do anything about it.

Just wondering if anyone else on Giant Bomb has been affected by this hack, and whether or not they have gotten there account back yet. In the mean time I'll follow what it says on this link and call Xbox Support.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/Account-Security/What-To-Do

MarcusCoxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MarcusCoxus

Well, it appears my Xbox Live account has been hijacked be someone else. FIFA 12 is listed on my achievements... but I've never played it. My Gamertag has also been assigned to a different Windows Live ID and I can't do anything about it.

Just wondering if anyone else on Giant Bomb has been affected by this hack, and whether or not they have gotten there account back yet. In the mean time I'll follow what it says on this link and call Xbox Support.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Have you tried going to Windows and changing your password?

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
    deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Feel for you.

Thre was a woman in the same situation that actually got Microsoft to refund all the money she lost and get her a new account with everything transfered. She's now trying to help other people in the same situation you might like to read this article on Destructoid

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-refunds-xbox-live-scam-victim-219255.phtml

And here's the website that she made

http://hackedonxbox.tumblr.com/post/15365217063/microsoft-a-company-with-no-brains-heart-or-soul

Keep us informed!

Fuck those hackers

MarcusCoxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarcusCoxus

@Dany Yes, I have managed to get control of my e-mail address and change the password. So that is one worry off my mind. However, I cant do the same with my Xbox Live account as easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 23

this happened to me too... lost about 5000 points in a flash... got it back, changed the password, hope they don't attack again... I'm calling Microsoft customer support the first thing in the morning! sucks :(

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MarcusCoxus said:

So why did the FIFA people say its NOT connected to them and we haev all this saying other wise? 
    majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By majormitch

I just got hacked today by this, and I have also never played a FIFA game in my life. Fortunately they didn't do anything past spend all my MS points (I think I might have caught them in the act and changed my password while it was going on...) Either way, I called MS Support and they are suspending my account to "investigate" for who knows how long. I hope you get everything worked out man, shit like this is the pits.

By the way, EA should probably remove the option to buy whatever it is in FIFA people are doing this to buy... removing the incentive to hack people's accounts might be a good first step.

MarcusCoxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MarcusCoxus

I think this is worse then the PSN hack, people are actually loosing money and access to there accounts in some cases. I think more people should be talking about this on video game websites.

drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By drowsap

Yea just happened to me today they locked my account for 3 days hope i get it back soon with my 2000 points that i just put on the xbox (they said they would credit me the points i lost) glad my credit cards were expired or id be really Fed

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By august
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@MarcusCoxus said:

So why did the FIFA people say its NOT connected to them and we haev all this saying other wise? 
    People are hacking (and social engineering) accounts to buy the FIFA stuff and potentially sell off the accounts. So it doesn't have anything directly to do with FIFA. It's just a motivation.
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By strainedeyes

Thanks for reminding me to make my security question answer something completely random.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Mendelson9

Just found out my Xbox had Fifa 12 and I lost 1400 Microsoft points. How is this still an issue? It was October when this first started happening. Contacted support and they were very helpful moving my case to the "XBOX INVESTIGATION TEAM" but this is now the second time I had billing problems on Microsoft's service.

Killaclause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Killaclause

Just got Hacked myself. I was just on the line with xbox support, a very nice guy named Aaron and we took care of it pretty quickly. He said this still happens all the time.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By spiceninja

I got hacked today. I got an e-mail saying I had purchased 4000 MS points ($50 worth) and I couldn't log into my Windows Live ID on Xbox.com so I knew someone had stolen my account. Xbox support is really great though and they helped me get my account back and my money is going to be refunded. I also have FIFA 12 on my account with that infamous Ultimate Team achievement unlocked and they also played Microsoft Flight. I don't know what that's all about. It was actually really simple getting everything back now that you can log into any console by just signing in so I didn't have to recover my account or be suspended like so many other people.

Word to the wise, change your password and enable the option to require that password on any console other than your own to sign in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.