Something went wrong. Try again later

FIFA 15 Demo Impressions

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With a new FIFA around the corner, the public can now get their hands on the FIFA 15 demo to check out the new additions to the game. Post your impressions from the demo here! I'll be playing it later today on PC.

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Waiting eagerly for the PC demo. My body is ready.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it a look but won't expect much. PES demo is out Saturday, I believe.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4 comes tomo. I hope its good. General impressions that ive read so far have been good but lets see

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its amazing. I was blown away by how fantastic the game play is. How drastically different, better it is than 14. So many things feel so much better. The players overall. Running with the ball. Movements like cuts, stopping, turning. Passing. Shooting. How goalies respond to shots. Players jumping up to try and control high passes. Real ball physics, where the ball spin will affect the pass. Just so many little things. This game is great. If you have time you should read over the demo impressions topic on OS.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4 comes tomo. I hope its good. General impressions that ive read so far have been good but lets see

Should be out later today with the PC demo.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Really a quick search brings up xbone today, pc later. Every one else tomo? Wheres your source?

Dont tease me

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sterling

@reddonkeyham said:

@sterling: Really a quick search brings up xbone today, pc later. Every one else tomo? Wheres your source?

Dont tease me

XB1 came out yesterday. PSN updates today, PS3/4 demos will be live later this afternoon, as stated on the PSN blog. If you are in North America. If not, then I don't know what times/dates they update for you.

Hmm, this says non come out until tomorrow, but it they must have miss typed the date (because PSN doesn't update on wed, only tue and fri, and the xb1 version is already out):

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-player-ratings-demo

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC demo is available for download. Almost done downloading ;)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

I might get the PC demo to tide me over till I get my PS4 on Saturday.

Avatar image for thunderstorm101
    thunderstorm101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did a good job with the keepers, everything they do is so much more dynamic and real, previous fifa games the ball would glue to their hands now they parry shots and jump onto the loose ball, it all looks real good.

Its the most obvious difference in the game to me, the game controls different, but it does in every game so its hard to tell the impact with only about 5 games played so far.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presentation is pretty great, looks just like Sky Sports (surprised they don't just license the name/design), the gameplay is really fluid, all the animations look nicer etc. Shooting seems ok I tried two controlled(?) shots from outside the box and they both homed in looking super absurd. Graphically it looks pretty great, especially going from last gen to current gen. The first match you play when you turn it on is Liverpool vs City and the commentary, atmosphere and presentation was pretty fucking cool for that.

All in all it looked pretty neat.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: uk store updates wednesday.. :(

Ah, sorry then man. I didn't mean to toy with your emotions.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Answer me this: Does the AI finally play a meaningful long ball or does it just assume everyone wants to be Barcelona?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Answer me this: Does the AI finally play a meaningful long ball or does it just assume everyone wants to be Barcelona?

I had a few playing against Boca Juniors. Not crazy out of control ones either. They even got one in behind my line and almost scored. And one attempted from Napoli. Haven't seen one from any other team though.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@sterling said:

@reddonkeyham said:

Should be out later today with the PC demo.

YES!!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@sterling said:

@reddonkeyham said:

@sterling: uk store updates wednesday.. :(

Ah, sorry then man. I didn't mean to toy with your emotions.

Really hate the PS network only does one update a week. Guess I'll try downloading the PC demo, though I wanna see it on my flatscreen and PS4 stuff.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the AI still park itself on your first defender so you can't take goal-kicks short? Or double-up on throw-ins?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sterling

@shindig said:

Does the AI still park itself on your first defender so you can't take goal-kicks short? Or double-up on throw-ins?

Some times, but now you have the ability to point the right stick at a player and take control of them, to move them into a position for a pass or to get into position for a shot off a free kick. Its really neat. I scored a goal like this last night off a set piece. I made a player make a run towards the back side of the line and kicked it just before he got there. So he was running full speed at the keeper behind the line and received lob for the header. Which I was able to put past the keeper just by the post post. First time I have ever scored off a set piece in a fifa game.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By altairre

So is the PC version on par with next-gen this time? I'd probably be more excited to try out PES but they decided to gimp the PC version so fuck em.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moving AI players on setpieces is something PES 2013 did really well. Its a shame it was absent from 2014. Even from corners, just having a target solely there to make chaos is great.

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC player here.

I think it looks and feels great. In my opinion this is the biggest 'upgrade' in quite a while. In terms of gameplay it feels very familiar, but there is a significant amount of polish there. I'm one of the people who love FIFA for what it is, but was never content with the immersion and presentation (still not, but steps have been taken...). Year after year of improving gameplay but identical presentation really left me a bit apathetic towards the game as a series, but it seems they finally worked on making a game 'feel' like a football match, instead of just tweaking the gameplay.

Sure, passes are a bit tighter and the players move more fluidly. I love that and it's the logical progression the series has shown for years and years. It feels like a much bigger improvement than 13 -> 14 did. I'm mostly impressed with the visuals and presentation though. You see shirts deform as players tug them; the pitch changes throughout the game; great highlights and replays; players showing natural emotion; players urging ball boys to hurry up during throw ins on 'attacking'; etc, etc.

The crowds have left me a bit annoyed though, because on the one hand you have these fully modeled individual dudes, but on the other hand they still sit down as a homogeneous group at certain moments --thousands of people sitting down at exactly the same moment... erm, okay. It's also great to hear increased singing and enthousiasm from the crowd after a goal, but it lasts until 5 seconds past kick-off and then it's back to the same generic sounds and noises. It just doesn't grab me; not even 1% as much as a real game does. In real-life the stadium reacts to everything: ball gets cleared by the home defense? Clapping everywhere. Opposing player makes a foul on a home team player? Everyone goes batshit insane. Opposing player makes a foul on a home team player in the last 5 minutes, while the home team is down one goal and the striker was in a promising position? 50.000 people go absolutely apeshit at the referee. It's just not there in FIFA. It's the same for 90 minutes and it has no heart.

Sure, that's a lot of stuff to type about what is essentially of zero importance to the gameplay, but as a -- 'I like the gameplay enough, just improve the atmosphere' -- guy, it's quite disappointing, because all the above requests are much, much easier to implement than hundreds of new animations, a new engine, cool match highlights, and so on and so forth.

Tldr: gameplay is awesome, presentation is awesome but could have been much more.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Reddonkeyham

Looks like its live on NA ps3 store..

drainbamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only had time to play a game and a half so far, but my initial reaction is that it's a nice visual improvement over 14. I also liked the way the players move and interact. Saw more natural interactions/animations on stuff like standing tackles and quick cuts with the ball, I think that'll improve the overall feel as well as the visuals. On a weird note, I encountered a strange sound issues in my first game. Every pass no matter how soft got a loud, full power pass sound effect. So a little no power tap to a teammate 2 feet away had the same loud THUMP noise that normally occurs when you're hitting the ball really hard for a full power pass or shot. It was distracting as hell lol. I briefly panicked that they completely fucked up the sound, but upon restarting and playing a bit of a 2nd game, it was back to normal. So I'm chalking that up to a pre-release bug or something.

Has anyone dug into the new team management menus enough to have an opinion on them? I didn't have time to explore all that stuff in there, but they looked pretty different/expanded from 14. Seems like they're trying to surface more info and tactical/strategy options?

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By a_e_martin

I hope James Rodriguez looks less like a chimpanzee this time around.

Not saying that Chimp Rodriguez wasn't also kinda cute, though.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does the PS4 store update?

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I really like what I've played so far. My main issue is that the camera jerks a bit every time the ball changes possession. Not a catastrophy, but I hope the fix it for the full game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Looks like September 17th.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished playing a few matches of the demo on PC, and I have to say this is the best FIFA I've played. I've played every version since 2006, and I feel like EA has done a great job of capturing the feel of the sport.

In previous years people have complained about the pace of the FIFA games, but I feel like they've nailed it this year. Players like Sterling and Silva have tight controls and can run past players easy. Defenders feel bulky and tough, which I think is a massive improvement over previous games.

Also the atmosphere in the stadium is massively improved. I love hearing the two supporter groups singing over each other. Also hearing the Liverpool fans singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" in the 85th minute when you're up 2-0 is so awesome.

I purchase every iteration of FIFA, so I was already on board for 15, but after playing this demo I will be pre-ordering ASAP. EA has really improved over the last few years with FIFA, and 15 shows the improvement they've made.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@shindig said:

Looks like September 17th.

Damn, you're right. November 13th for the final game.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out now on ps4

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By brandondryrock

Those playing the demo on PS4, what are your thoughts?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love what they've done to the presentation but teams still want to play from the back like a team of Chieck Tiotes. Some of it is downright thick.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

Love what they've done to the presentation but teams still want to play from the back like a team of Chieck Tiotes. Some of it is downright thick.

Yeah I guess I didn't notice while playing, but now that you mention it, I can't think of the AI playing too many long balls.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the demo on PC, now going back and playing the earlier ones is tough. Excited to see how good the online is.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bollard

Played the PC demo while waiting to get my PS4. Pretty excited for it overall, given I skipped 14.

@shindig said:

Yeah I guess I didn't notice while playing, but now that you mention it, I can't think of the AI playing too many long balls.

The AI still doesn't know how to sprint (but I think that's just a semi-pro thing) but they definitely sent a few lobbed through balls at me.

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Reddonkeyham

Presentation of what they have shown has certainly improved. Pre game build up makes it look a lot like a Sky Sports match on Tv. All highlights have a nice gloss to it all.

From previous demos its hard to judge gameplay to the full retail release. But AI opponents certainly seem to a little bit longer thinking about what pass to play, and they hold the ball up a lot better.

I know Fifa make tiny changes each year, but for these tweaks do make a nice change. I just hope manager mode has improved in same shape or form.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually starting to feel they stopped short on the presentation.

1. Rickie Lambert scores a last minute winner. Fans go nuts for about 15 seconds and then chill. I've been to plenty of games and this doesn't happen. The stay loud as possible for as long as possible. Same can be said in reverse. When Newcastle conceded after 26 seconds the other week, we were stone silent til the 17th minute and the Palace fans let us know that.
    2. The crowd will pick up when someone's through on goal but not when something encouraging happens like bursting wing-play.
    3. The home PA announces everything too calmly. They're supposed to be impartial MCs that whip the crowd up. They've just stuck with a generic one that sucks the life out of the occasion.
    4. Looks like they've licensed songs for purposes of chants rather than incorporating them into pre-match build-up. You'll probably get no Z Cars at Everton, no Liquidator at Chelsea, no Theme from Local Hero at Newcastle.
    Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: You're spot on.

More examples:

1. You're playing at home, it's extra time and you are 1-0 down. You send a pass towards your striker and he's 1 on 1 with the keeper, but he's given off-side. At this point you expect the entire stadium to go apeshit at the referee. Nothing happens; nobody cares.

2. You're playing an away game and have to take a penalty. Crowd doesn't try to take you out of your concentration.

3. In general there just isn't enough negativity in the crowds. There's some cheering and clapping, but they're never offended at anything. They don't care much about decisions made by the referee, they don't react to the opposing fans cheering, they don't whistle when you lose 2-0 when you were expected to win. They're just too nice.

robertos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By robertos91
    FIFA 15 version 1.0 is now available on FilesForPC.COM. The program went yesterday to our database and now it is officially available in the download section. FIFA 15 Activation key generates keys for the latest game “FIFA 15 ” The manufacturer of the program is to programmer “GENIUX.” FIFA 15 is a football simulation on the PC. We find in this album realism further optimized at the ball physics, collisions, the intelligence of the players and how to execute technical moves. Game modes such as Career mode has been enhanced.

Download here working key and crack: http://filesforpc.com/fifa-15-cd-key-generator-crack/

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PSN pre order unlocks in less than 6 hours. By body is ready.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tell me if Newcastle walk out to Local Hero and if we have that stupid Che Guevara poster up at the top corner of the Gallowgate.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Why so soon? Isn't the game out on Friday? Or is this the thing where America gets a football game before all the people who actually care about football? Damn international release dates!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

US release days are generally Tuesdays. Hence, if a global release is targeted the US date gets used. In excellent news, I've found a PS3 pad less screwed up than all the others, meaning I don't have trade off FIFA 14 as I now can actually play it.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap this thread has a lot of views

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Game is out today in the US. All games come out in the US on Tuesday. Well, actually all of NA get its today. Blame Canada.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@bollard: yup, out today in the US. I was playing before, in fact!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@bollard: Game is out today in the US. All games come out in the US on Tuesday. Well, actually all of NA get its today. Blame Canada.

*shakes fist*

@bollard: yup, out today in the US. I was playing before, in fact!

*shakes fist again*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.