Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA Soccer 09

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

EA Sports returns with the '09 edition of FIFA, a soccer simulation video game series. FIFA 09 features gameplay and graphic improvements from its predecessor, FIFA 08, as well as increased amount of players, leagues, and stadiums, and you have more control overall in the game.

do you honestly think....

zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zidane33
    do you honestly think that fifa 09 will be better than pro evolution as some game sites claim?? (gameplay wise) 
    yeah sure they added the collision system (which is a very good addition imo) but small additions here and there won't change the gameplay
     significantly which the game needs,
    the fifa series need a new engine to really compete with the gameplay of pro evo
    fruitisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fruitisgood

FIFA has been improving bit by bit over the last few years whilst it seems that PES hasn't evolved at all. Its a tuff call, I feel that pro evo is much more slow paced than FIFA now which ay be more realistic, but the perfect simulation doesn't always make the perfect game.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By deadly_polo

fifa 08 was a great engine - and its gameplay is very good, so much that I prefer it to PES's

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By danielkempster
    zidane33 said:
    "...but small additions here and there won't change [FIFA 09's] gameplay significantly which the game needs..."
    Try telling that to Seabass and the other guys working on Pro Evo. They've been the biggest culprit of this, probably since PES4.

I really didn't like PES2008 much at all, and this is coming from a loyal PES fan of five years. Unless the PES dev team do something drastic with this year's instalment, I think FIFA will definitely be the better game this year.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By clubsandwich

FIFA 08 was better than PES, FIFA 09 will repeat that. :D

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By randiolo

i think PES have learn' t  their lesson with 08, its was court in a transition between two generations of console so mechanically it didnt feel right. But i really think 09 will bring pro evo back 2 its former glory.

zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zidane33

well imo the gameplay in fifa is nothing compared to how fun pes is

Avatar image for the_dude_abides
    The_Dude_Abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By The_Dude_Abides

PES has a lot of catching up to do. And looking at the gameplay vids, it will be another year at least before we get a PEs game thats anything like something that belongs on the current gen machines.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Davvyk

ive always been a PES boy since the days of ISS but fifa 09 is plain better than the last pre evo. the online functions just make a total mockery of PES and the engine is brilliant allowing slow build up play (leading to rewarding goals)

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bennyishere

I keep hearing that PES has better gameplay. I played the PES demo and was amazed at how bad these games are. It looks and plays awfully.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By jakob187

More soccer fans play FIFA at our gaming center than PES...and hell, quite a few of them have never heard of PES.  Therefore, I highly doubt that it's going to honestly matter which one is better.  We know which one will be more popular already.

Vindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Vindo

Fifa has been better than PES this whole generation. PES is just stale and stuck in the past.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Snail
    zidane33 said:
    "do you honestly think that fifa 09 will be better than pro evolution as some game sites claim?? (gameplay wise) 
    yeah sure they added the collision system (which is a very good addition imo) but small additions here and there won't change the gameplay
     significantly which the game needs,
    the fifa series need a new engine to really compete with the gameplay of pro evo
    "
    Pro is not evolving it's very slow paced compared to Fifa.

And the best part is: I don't even like soccer games!
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Lemegeton

the problem with Pro Evo is that its been the same game for too many years. i have been playing the series since its ps1 days and i just dont enjoy it anymore. and the Ps3 versions have felt clunky, the sprinting animation is horrible for example. FIFA on the other hand has evolved into a great football title, and last year and this year im buying it over pro evo. pro evo's gameplay simply is not fun anymore and i dont think it has transitioned well into this generation

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By JamesF

I absolutely think it will be. Improved Be A Pro mode, 10 vs. 10 Be A Pro online, superior gameplay and animations. It's a hell of a year to be a FIFA fan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.