Favorite Team?

#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

Just out of curiosity, what is you guys favorite team? When prompted at the start of the game, who do you pick? I personally play as Atlas and as a result almost always get my ass kicked by people online (who all seem to only pick five star teams). I also use the Holland international team every once in a while to break things up.  

Best. Mascot. Ever.
#2 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

Just out of curiosity, what is you guys favorite team? When prompted at the start of the game, who do you pick? I personally play as Atlas and as a result almost always get my ass kicked by people online (who all seem to only pick five star teams). I also use the Holland international team every once in a while to break things up.
Best. Mascot. Ever.

If you play H2H seasons, the game will search for opponents with teams at a similar or equal star level to your team's so picking a lower rated team shouldn't be a problem. I use a bunch of teams, Newcastle, Juventus and Corinithians are my mains though.

#3 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

I play as West Ham United because they're the team I support.

#4 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I've been a Real Madrid supporter since I was a child, so I usually choose them. Also, they're pretty awesome.

#5 Posted by saxmusician20 (135 posts) -

Chelsea by far. Has anyone had trouble with lobs on the classic controller scheme? I am trying to do some of the drills and the lob one seems pretty hard. Any tips?

P.S. Fifa is by far the best sports game on the market. Really well done overall.

#6 Posted by Levius (1228 posts) -

West Bromwich Albion, because I support them.

#7 Posted by AdzPearson (202 posts) -

I support Everton, so I always select them as my favourite team. That's never going to change. :D I like to play as a mixture of teams when playing friends, though. Keeps things interesting.

#8 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

Swansea City are my favourite team so they go on my EASports Club. But if I go online or do a career mode it tends to be clubs from other leagues. Juventus take a lot of my time, I love that squad.

#9 Posted by SuperSambo (2885 posts) -

Arsenal

I support them, yes, but on Fifa 12 and previous I didn't enjoy playing as them.

This year with Podolski and Santi they seem like a new team on Fifa. Power and speed.

#10 Posted by hojufixter (120 posts) -

I support Fulham, so that's who I usually play as.

#11 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Depends what I feel like but probably Barcelona

#12 Posted by Elyk247 (371 posts) -

USA!!! And Newcastle.

#13 Posted by MX (247 posts) -

I picked Ajax at the start of Fifa 12. But mostly used 4.5 star teams such as Napoli and Russia online.

#14 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

VILLA

#15 Posted by Ghostiet (5322 posts) -

Sevilla FC, because I support Sevilla FC in real life.

#16 Posted by TheLark (152 posts) -

I support Manchester United. However, i don't really have a selected team and will play as anyone no matter there rating.

#17 Posted by isomeri (1415 posts) -

The New York Yankees.

#18 Posted by g6065 (275 posts) -

Perth Glory!

#19 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

In FIFA 08-12 my favourite team to use was Everton. Still unsure in 13.

#20 Posted by resifreak (25 posts) -

i Support Aston Villa and use team alot, but ill generally use, Walsall, Barca, Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle & arsenal because in the higher diversion's on H2HS people only use 5 star teams

#21 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

I usually make a pro and sign with Ajax or FC Barcelona

#22 Posted by Meltac (2007 posts) -

Always been a fan of Bayern Munich, and I am going to choose them again this year.

#23 Posted by itsVASH (172 posts) -

SPURS BABY

#24 Posted by FCDRandy (266 posts) -

Hi5 to AVFC fans ITT, my team is FC Dallas because that's where I live and the team that I like to watch play soccer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.