Do Not Buy Fifa Street - Limited Online MP

#1 Edited by DrSwank (442 posts) -

I'm sure most of you will be like "I wasn't gonna buy it anyway" or "fifa is shiite". Well, spare your trolling plz.

For anyone who was excited to get their hands on the full version of Fifa Street 2012 after playing the demo, you should reconsider after reading this in the Fifa Street EA Forums:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1518349.page

Basically, it boils down to you being unable to play with friends, in your own club, against other players' clubs in a ranked/unranked game. The only online play consists of head to head, and playing with friends against friends, in a custom pick-up game of sorts.... so sad.

#2 Posted by SASnake (365 posts) -

well to be fair...Fifa Street is shite....normal Fifa on the other hand...is awesome. Fifa street to me, seems like that WWE All-Stars games....its like yeah, its the sport I like, its kinda far fetched and arcadey...but after playing it for 2 days...its the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and dead.

#3 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Well that's pathetic

#4 Edited by drac96 (673 posts) -

I like how the OP in that topic said he was cancelling his pre-order. That trend is becoming increasingly annoying.

Did EA ever say that these would be features in Fifa Street? If so then there is reason for outrage. If not, then I don't see why this is a problem.

Other than that I feel like the street games have always been about using your own team and players. If you want to use real soccer teams online, then why don't you just play Fifa?

#5 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Cancelling my pre-order.

#6 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@drac96 said:

I like how the OP in that topic said he was cancelling his pre-order. That trend is becoming increasingly annoying.

Did EA ever say that these would be features in Fifa Street? If so then there is reason for outrage. If not, then I don't see why this is a problem.

Other than that I feel like the street games have always been about using your own team and players. If you want to use real soccer teams online, then why don't you just play Fifa?

It's not so much that they said or didn't say what would be features, it's that the community has to expect certain baseline features in a new Fifa game. Me and 4 other friends were going to get it, until we heard this news. I knew I had to share it with you guys. But, it seems like EA kept that information from the community, even in the demo, it appeared strange why there wasn't any online bits to test out. Just speculation though.

#7 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@SASnake said:

well to be fair...Fifa Street is shite....normal Fifa on the other hand...is awesome. Fifa street to me, seems like that WWE All-Stars games....its like yeah, its the sport I like, its kinda far fetched and arcadey...but after playing it for 2 days...its the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and dead.

This year, they're going for a more realistic approach to street soccer, since street soccer IS the fastest growing sport in the world, hence why the reboot of the series is going for more realism in the game, due to it's growing popularity.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6628 posts) -

*still waiting for NBA Street Vol. 1-3 remake*

Oh, umm... FIFA Street, eh? That's a, uh, shame... with the soccer, and the kicking... yeah...

#9 Posted by DrSwank (442 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

Oh, umm... FIFA Street, eh? That's a, uh, shame... with the soccer, and the kicking... yeah...

Even though I blatantly request no trolling, people still do it. Awesome dude, you're so cool.

#10 Posted by Hunkulese (2834 posts) -

You should edit your first post because you really worded it poorly.

What it actually boils down to is that you can't use real professional clubs online at all. All online modes force you to use only your created player.

#11 Posted by Baillie (4274 posts) -

While I wasn't too keen on the idea of it anyway, the game seems cool and all, but what's the point in it? The tricks are too easy to pull off, so no one will be impressed with your skills, unlike FIFA where tricks are harder to do, and linking them makes you look like a boss. This news just solidifies my reasons not to buy. I play FIFA 12 solely now for Clubs.

#12 Posted by HadesTimes (825 posts) -

I was actually a little bit into the demo, but that sounds stupid. Oh well, I guess that saves me some money.

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6628 posts) -

@drewmaw said:

@ShaggE said:

Even though I blatantly request no trolling, people still do it. Awesome dude, you're so cool.

It's a shame that one can't make a lighthearted reply without being accused of trolling. The intent was to sound like I was so distracted with the idea of an NBA Street re-release that I couldn't formulate an opinion on FIFA Street.

But why ask for clarification when assumptions are so much more fun, yeah?

#14 Edited by J0PALACE0K (75 posts) -

The lack of last-man standing or Panna rules annoys me a bit but at the end of the day it is still just me playing vs mates. And when playing with mates I would almost certainly do it local rather than online so i'm not too bothered.

Still getting it.

EDIT: Also, don't tell me what to buy or what not to buy; it makes you sound like a dick.

#15 Posted by BoFooQ (714 posts) -

I played the demo and thought of getting it when price dropped. What you are saying is that you can only play with your made up team online? that seems like what I would want. I was wondering if there was a way to ramp up the difficulty against computer cause it seemed way too easy.

#16 Posted by Daiphyer (1349 posts) -

@BoFooQ said:

I played the demo and thought of getting it when price dropped. What you are saying is that you can only play with your made up team online? that seems like what I would want. I was wondering if there was a way to ramp up the difficulty against computer cause it seemed way too easy.

Not in the demo.

And if this is a 100% true, I wonder why that is the case.

#17 Posted by DrShilliams (86 posts) -

I hope they do a quick look of this, their football (soccer) coverage is hilarious.

#18 Posted by Boboblaw (323 posts) -

I don't play Fifa online anyway so this shouldn't bother me. Think I may pick it up soon.

@DrShilliams
Indeed, but I very much doubt that they will do one.

#19 Posted by DystopiaX (5351 posts) -

@drac96 said:

I agree with you that people talking about not buying shit is annoying, but really, the features he's talking about should be in any multiplayer-centric game like Fifa, no? Since having multiplayer functionality is a big part of sports games and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.