Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA

Franchise »

The EA FIFA series is an annualy released franchise of soccer games developed by EA Canada and subsequently published by EA.

Help a FIFA newbie out?

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

I really like the way FIFA plays. I'm borrowing 08, but now I wanna go more in depth. Is there a FIFA that's good for noobs? Like something with a decent training mode that'll really explain to me what I should be doing?     

The FIFA 10 demo is what drew me in and I really am considering buying one of these games. And I really find it nearly impossible to get into sports games, so this is kind of a big deal for me.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

I really like the way FIFA plays. I'm borrowing 08, but now I wanna go more in depth. Is there a FIFA that's good for noobs? Like something with a decent training mode that'll really explain to me what I should be doing?     

The FIFA 10 demo is what drew me in and I really am considering buying one of these games. And I really find it nearly impossible to get into sports games, so this is kind of a big deal for me.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By cap123

Fifa is pretty easy to get into no matter which you play, just play around in the arena to get used to the basics, then go into a game on a low diifculty and you'll be fine. Pass alot, press LB as well when passing it to get the player to make a run after he passes it. Use Y/Triangle to make through balls. It's all about making use of big spaces.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By markini6

I've got both Fifa 10 and the latest world cup edition and I guess I would say go for Fifa 10 as its the best yet and has more features than the world cup version. I was pretty rubbish when I started, but I just worked my way through the difficulties. Start on the easiest, stay on that until you find that you're winning easily and then put it up a level. Rinse and repeat. There are training videos in both games but once you know the controls and have played for a while you won't need them :)

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cap123

Sorry i didn't say what version I'd go for, Fifa 10 is by far the most flowing and fun. You will have a blast.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By s7evn

Please don't become one of the clowns who only plays as the best 5 star teams even though it's tempting (it doesn't help, once you're good enough you can beat 5 star teams with 4 star teams  pretty easily).

Besides that, if you played soccer it helps because you'll have a fundamental understanding of whats going on. If you've never played before then you want to keep possession of the ball by passing a lot, keep shots low by double tapping the shoot button, and play out to the wings and then work your way into the box (whether it's a cross or a central pass and dribble). 

outlawtotheend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By outlawtotheend

The new World Cup game is pretty good for noobs, what with the 2 button control system and all

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By clubsandwich

I'd recommend FIFA 10, by far the greatest football game ever created.

Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Liono88
    @outlawtotheend said:
    " The new World Cup game is pretty good for noobs, what with the 2 button control system and all "
    I thought I was the only one.

@clubsandwich said:
    " I'd recommend FIFA 10, by far the greatest football game ever created. "

Very much so....until fifa 11!
    themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By themoon13

As a (apologies if this is snobby sounding) recent #1 global FIFA 10 player, I have a few things to say.

• FIFA 10 is the best playing football sim for now. World Cup edition is too buggy.
    • FIFA is not "easy" to get into. Especially if you find it hard to get into sports games. There will definitely be a period of "URGH I HATE THIS" if you want to get even marginally in depth.
    • I have an assload of beginner and advanced tips/moves that I can share over voice chat while we play if you want. Spending a few matches implementing and learning is muuuuch better than reading about them. Just get in touch with me via PM and we can practice for a bit. Nothing horribly too serious, I'm not gonna yell at you and crazy shit like that.
    • There are some very basic tutorial vids in FIFA 10.
    • The tip I'll put here: ALWAYS be shooting with Finesse Shot (hold RB while shooting). In FIFA 08 you could get away with the good old button B, but finesse is key in 10 and 09. You want that curve and, well, finesse. There are a handful of situations that would benefit from other shots though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.