Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fight Night Round 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The fourth entry in EA Sport's boxing franchise and second release for the XBox 360 and PS3.

Punch With The Buttons In New Fight Night Round 4 Update

• 68 results
    Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#51  Edited By Brackynews

Shuga Raise Greasy Mitts!!  pzone-pzone-pzone!

It's just EA saying the world is not yet ready for buttonless controls.  Watch for it to come to Skate in the near future, mark my worrrrrrddds...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Linkyshinks

Awesome, anything new is cool as far as I'm concerned.

PS:

Screw the idiot haters, I wanted a Boxing game with more depth, If they're not happy they should go play PunchOut.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By Floppypants

Wow, there's some real foul-mouthed crybabies here.  If you don't like button controls, don't use them.  If the stick is so easy to learn how to use, then you won't care if you're matched against players using buttons.  Otherwise, if you think using the stick demonstrates some great skill and people who use buttons are n00bz, you need to get a life.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By spiredcrescent

phew thank goodness i really hoped they would add button punching like round 3, i really didnt want to miss out of this game for that reason.

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Hammerjelly

The stick is manageable, but its far from being good. I have definitely been missing the lack of buttons. Not for mashing, but so that I can throw precisely what I want.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Akeldama

wa bam. There it is. 

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Scullinator

As long as you can set custom rules online for fights with sticks only , Im cool with it.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Ket87
    @Floppypants said:
    " Wow, there's some real foul-mouthed crybabies here.  If you don't like button controls, don't use them.  If the stick is so easy to learn how to use, then you won't care if you're matched against players using buttons.  Otherwise, if you think using the stick demonstrates some great skill and people who use buttons are n00bz, you need to get a life. "
    Profanity is in order when haters cause a slowly progressing game company to take one step forward and two steps back. It isn't the aspect of the button controls per se that is the issue here. Just the fact that EA Sports is slowly starting to take risks and change the formula from year to year and the backlash they feared that kept them from taking such risks in the past is now forcing them to retroactively change a new game into a game from three years ago because the fans didn't get Fight Night Round 3.5. The same crap that has kept Madden in a quagmire forever and that NHL finally broke free of two years ago. Considering the implications this has for EA Sports as a whole not just the cheapness that will ensue online in FN4 is cause enough for words like fuck.
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MushroomStamp

I have a more of a problem with the punches just not feeling very damaging. The effects of the punchees feel and sound tippy tappy. I do agree when trying to chain punches that using the sticks it doesn't always get the intended punches correct.  I Still believe FN3 was a better punching game and more fun. 

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Boiglenoight

Thank god.  I hated the sticks.  Can't throw punches as fast.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Media_Master

good to know that one has the option

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hulk
    @Floppypants said:
    " Wow, there's some real foul-mouthed crybabies here.  If you don't like button controls, don't use them.  If the stick is so easy to learn how to use, then you won't care if you're matched against players using buttons.  Otherwise, if you think using the stick demonstrates some great skill and people who use buttons are n00bz, you need to get a life. "
    Nail on the head.  Bitching over the fact that additional control schemes are going to be available is ridiculously childish.

@MrKlorox said:
    " @Hulk said:
    " Every site that you visit online has the overwhelming majority of users in favor of having button controls brought back whether it's through preferring controls that are 100% responsive 100% of the time, or just on the basis of removing features from sequels is never a good idea.But then you check Giant Bomb and there are a vast majority of people on the pro-stick bandwagon simply because Jeff said he was in his article.  It wouldn't be a surprise at all to find out that most of the people posting have no intention of ever playing Fight Night, they just wanted to +1 whatever their hero was saying.  Lemming Party. "
    Not the sites I visit. Either you need to learn how count or I need to visit shittier sites. Are you familiar with the concept of a "non-sequitur"? You're making massive ones right now. Enjoy being an idiot.To everybody else, you better hope Jeff doesn't ever happen to share the same opinion as yourself otherwise assholes won't trust you. But who really wants an asshole's trust anyway? "
    Could you possibly be more of a stereotypical internet douchebag that lives on forums doing nothing but picking posts that disagree with your opinion for the purpose of making an extremely poor attempt at an insult simply because you lack the intelligence necessary to bring forth a decent counter point to their argument?  But on the plus side it's at least slightly funny to read your posts where you're trying so hard to sound intelligent only to fall on your face looking like a dickhead.
    Avatar image for captainsandwich
    CaptainSandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CaptainSandwich
    @Wolverine said:
    " Its a bummer that the new control interface can imbalance the multiplayer but I think it is really cool that they are acknowledging and fixing something they should have known people would bitch about after it's release. "
    fixed, but still it IS cool seeing the new EA actively looking to please its customer base
    beages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By beages

I work at pizza hut, I hope this gives me some sort of advantage or in my paycheck i get some sweet unlock code.

t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By t

i can't wait... it started with the buttons and it will always be with the buttons... analog are not that accurate for me n out of 4 controls i have two broken coz of my brothers... they can't handle loosing so they take it out on the analogs... now when playing any first person shooting game it moves forward by itself n sometimes strafes without anyone touching the controller

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By 71Ranchero

I wouldent use the buttons to control my punching but I dont think its all that bad that they are putting it in. Maybee someones crustly old grandmother that has just been itching to play this game will be able to now :P

Cdeangaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cdeangaling

Use the stick. It's much better! Just learn and be patient. Anyone that knows how to use the joystick will murder someone that uses the buttons!!!

JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By JJ

I'm still not buying this. No matter how much I enjoyed Fight Night Round 3. I will not buy this game because I had to wait for a title update to punch with buttons.
    Ridiculous....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By jakob187
    @Hulk said:

" lol.  Quite a lot of lemmings here.  If Jeff had posted that he was stoked about the button controls being added 90% of the posts here would be "Wooo hooo the stick sucks!""

Nope.  The stick is the way to go on that game.  Also, saying that the stick was a gimmick on FNR3 must mean you've never gotten 1-punch KO'd.  = D 

@keef said:

" Thank god.  I hated the sticks.  Can't throw punches as fast. "

Right, because it's all about FAST...nothing about POWER, which you have control over with the stick.  The face buttons will all be averaged out, giving you far less control over the amount of depth that this game has available to it. 

Button pressers = suckas. 

@Hulk said:
    " @Floppypants said:
    Nail on the head.  Bitching over the fact that additional control schemes are going to be available is ridiculously childish."
    So what does that make the people who bitched about not having a button scheme and refused to even learn to use the stick?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.