Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fight Night Round 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The fourth entry in EA Sport's boxing franchise and second release for the XBox 360 and PS3.

Will EA Go Down In The Fourth Round?

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By xAbleAssassinx

You can't deny,Ready 2 Rumble: Round 3...sorry I meanFacebreaker, was absolutely abysmal, so it's no surprise that EA is planning another addition to the Fight Night series. Each iteration has shown genuine improvement, and the unique and innovative analog control scheme has succeeded in bringing boxing games to the masses. Round 3 was literally a knockout, it was one of the best looking games on the market at the time, and frankly still holds it's own to a lot of titles being released even now, almost 3 years later.

For me it was the first truly next-gen gaming experience, with out standing visuals, and animation that came surprisingly close to the real thing. You could see the sweat dripping down heaving muscles, the blood trickling over battered and bruised faces, the flesh on faces stretched to its limit as concrete fists land one skull crushing punch after the other.

Graphically the game easily warranted a double take, just to check you weren't actually watching ESPN. Aside from providing one of the most homo-erotic gameplay experiences I've ever come across, this was a true benchmark in terms what can be done with the not so little boxes under our TV's, and I can only hope that EA come out swinging in Round 4, and we aren't forced to throw in the towel.

xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

You can't deny,Ready 2 Rumble: Round 3...sorry I meanFacebreaker, was absolutely abysmal, so it's no surprise that EA is planning another addition to the Fight Night series. Each iteration has shown genuine improvement, and the unique and innovative analog control scheme has succeeded in bringing boxing games to the masses. Round 3 was literally a knockout, it was one of the best looking games on the market at the time, and frankly still holds it's own to a lot of titles being released even now, almost 3 years later.

For me it was the first truly next-gen gaming experience, with out standing visuals, and animation that came surprisingly close to the real thing. You could see the sweat dripping down heaving muscles, the blood trickling over battered and bruised faces, the flesh on faces stretched to its limit as concrete fists land one skull crushing punch after the other.

Graphically the game easily warranted a double take, just to check you weren't actually watching ESPN. Aside from providing one of the most homo-erotic gameplay experiences I've ever come across, this was a true benchmark in terms what can be done with the not so little boxes under our TV's, and I can only hope that EA come out swinging in Round 4, and we aren't forced to throw in the towel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.