Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a Darklord

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 20, 2009

My Life As a Darklord is a tower defense game set in the Crystal Chronicles continuity of the Final Fantasy universe.

My Life as a Dark Lord Website Launched

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Update:
    This looks much cooler than I expected, I'm almost excited. I already cringe at the DLC potential though. Stop ripping us off Square :(

Your tower goes up to friggin space!

Original post: Official website here.

It's Square's next WiiWare game, which sounds like a sequel to My Life as a King, but looks like another tower defense style game. It could be fun, you place monsters and traps in your dark fortress and watch heroic adventurers fail to infiltrate it, or something along those lines. Here are a few screenshots. Open the image in a new window if it's too wide for your setup, it should show two columns.

If you use Firefox, hold down CTRL, right click the image, and choose "view image". You may release CTRL now :P

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Godwind

They should have made it a Castlevania clone.  That would have been a better design.

A Platformer Action RPG.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

This looks much cooler than I expected, I'm almost excited. I already cringe at the DLC potential though. Stop ripping us off Square :(

Your tower goes up to friggin space!
    JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By JebranRush

That actually looks pretty sweet. I'm impressed.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss

This looks like good times. Yes, the DLC could be nightmarish, but that's just another reality of the digital distribution world we live in.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r
    New screenshots showing the dude from My Life as a King is also involved. Perhaps he's a "boss" adventurer that infiltrates your tower every so often? The map also looks similar to the My Life as a King map, perhaps there's some interconnectivity between saves? Or a faked connectivity with you populating the dungeons the King sends his adventurers in as you were sending them when playing the other game? Who knows!
    zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zidane33

aren't people sick from tower defense games already? or maybe it's me because i have an iphone lol

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

I never liked them but this one seems fairly interesting. There's an actual tower for once, and hopefully the gameplay's more involved than the average game in this genre, hinted at by the world map and other little details (why do you need a map if all you do is build your tower high?).

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.