Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 29, 2009

Abandoning the multiplayer co-op gameplay of previous games, The Crystal Bearers is a single-player action-adventure game telling the story of a persecuted race of "Crystal Bearers", capable of magic-like super-powers, trying to survive in a very conservative world.

Crystal Bearers GT review is up.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Game Trailers has posted their review of The Crystal Bearers.  For the most part, they like the game, though the game's low points are apparently its combat system and short length.  However, they do give praise to the game's story and to the variety of things to do in the game.

Ten hours isn't nearly as long as I had thought this game would be, but at the same time, it still intrigues me.  I'm debating whether or not to pick it up upon release or wait until the price drops a bit, but I'll wait for more reviews to hit before I make a decision on that.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Ten hours seems sizable to me. It seems that some people are disappointed by the length because the Final Fantasy brand typically carries a certain length to it. However, I still can't get over the look of the protagonist; he just seems weird to me.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

I will get this as soon as I see the first promotion that has about 20% off RRP.  Competition in the market locally tells me that it won't take long.  Seriously looking forward to it.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Wait a second, they make the Yukes Extinct? And Evil?

How far ahead is this into the future?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Wait a second, they make the Yukes Extinct? And Evil?  How far ahead is this into the future? "
    According to the article on the game's wikipage, it takes place a thousand years after the original Crystal Chronicles.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr

I never took a shine to the Crystal Chronicles games and was ready to pass this one off as well. 

However, I gave CB's soundtrack a listen -- and ended up being better than it should have, possibly even good. Oftentimes, that's enough to get a game back on my radar. Still, CB might have to wait for a price drop at the very least, as I'm importing XIII and that should be all the Final Fantasy I'll be able to handle for a while.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darkstar614

I don't think I'm digging this much anymore sadly... 10 hours is way too short for a game like this, and with no traditional RPG leveling and gear management, it's 10 hours is mostly the combat and story.  One of which doesn't seem to hold up very well.

But it's definitely something I'll pick up down the road at a lower price, or maybe when there's nothing else to play.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure

10 hours makes me a bit sad, in a way I guess I can understand since the Crystal Chronicle games are never very long, but being that short I don't think I want it as much as I originally did. That is not to say I will never buy it, but it is not near the top of the list anymore.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

I'm still impressed by the variety of locations in the game. It looks like an interesting place to be. I don't, however, want to play it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Willy105

Looks like FF14 is our last hope....

Hermine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hermine
    @Hailinel said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:

" Wait a second, they make the Yukes Extinct? And Evil?  How far ahead is this into the future? "

According to the article on the game's wikipage, it takes place a thousand years after the original Crystal Chronicles. "
    Haaa so that is why, have been wondering this since I started playing it. 

@Darkstar614 said:

" I don't think I'm digging this much anymore sadly... 10 hours is way too short for a game like this, and with no traditional RPG leveling and gear management, it's 10 hours is mostly the combat and story.  One of which doesn't seem to hold up very well. But it's definitely something I'll pick up down the road at a lower price, or maybe when there's nothing else to play. "

The combat is odd. It looks simple but i'm starting to see hints of depth at the point that i'm at now. The zone that i had to clear had a bunch of bombs and goblins and here and there there are crates filled with water that if you throw them on the bomb they die however there are also crates of gunpowder laying around and those are not all that great to throw at a bomb, they actually like that.  The way the different object work with the different enemies  and how the enemies act in each others presence is really interesting.

The story is pretty good so far, Belle's voice is pretty annoying but i think that that is the point of her character. 

You can fling shit at enemies by the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.