Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 29, 2009

Abandoning the multiplayer co-op gameplay of previous games, The Crystal Bearers is a single-player action-adventure game telling the story of a persecuted race of "Crystal Bearers", capable of magic-like super-powers, trying to survive in a very conservative world.

The last AAA game of 2009: The Crystal Bearers.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

Final Fantasy

Crystal Chronicles

THE CRYSTAL BEARERS

December 26th

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

I done think you can call a wii game AAA but AA sure

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wow, now thats how you make a pretty Wii game.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By nrain

omfg so many images, and I definitely wouldn't call this a AAA title I wouldn't even consider it a game I'd pay for. 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @Willy105: Ok willy105. I understand your passion for this game and it does look incredible but fuck sakes 4 images would have been enough not 400,000.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Willy105
    @trophyhunter said:
    " I done think you can call a wii game AAA but AA sure "
    Now that's just fanboyism.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

That many images is simply obnoxious

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

Those are some great looking visuals, something I have not seen on the Wii since Super Mario Galaxy.

roylink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By roylink

I hate how gamers use PR words like "AAA game" and use it like it means anything. Anyway the game is a first day purchase for me.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

I hope it's as good as some people want it to be, but I'm going to hold off on judgement. I just wish it had been at PAX, because then I'd be able to either talk it up or put it down here. 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate

The main Dudes(?) jacket annoys me

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool

It is certainly high on my purchase list.   Probably at the top actually.  Then again, I dig Final Fantasy.  Even an average Final Fantasy game is better than most other games.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadow

If this were 2001, I'd think that looks amazing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If I cared about the average J-RPG I would be into this game. But alas I don't.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

Triple A, what are you, nuts?, the games far from that from what I've heard, it's not even worthy of one A, let alone three of them!.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rallier
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Triple A, what are you, nuts?, the games far from that from what I've heard, it's not even worthy of one A, let alone three of them!. "
    To be fair this thread was made before the game came out. Such a let down this game.
    richardnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By richardnixon

This thread needs more images!

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nasar7

Woah Square-Enix is really pushing the limits of what the Wii can do visually. Reminds me of the psx days.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Red

QUICK! 
    Let's quote his post and make it the longest thread ever!

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Willy105 said:

"

Final Fantasy

Crystal Chronicles

THE CRYSTAL BEARERS

December 26th

"
    Very impressive looking. Cosidering it's a Wii game. But I think these could be considered early 360 graphics.

Does anyone else see Ganondorf?
    Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cadmus

I don't get the point of this thread.  Metacritic is at 66 right now and it's sure to be even lower when more reviews come in.   Also, the graphics look nice for a wii game but it also screams generic jrpg.  Dunno that's just me.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jimbo

Final Fantasy:  If Vyse Were Gay

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cadmus
    @Linkyshinks:
    Well I meant aesthetics, but I understand your point now.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Godwind
    @Jimbo said:
    " Final Fantasy:  If Vyse Were Gay "
    At least the Wii is backwards compatible with the Gamecube.  *Inserts Skies of Arcadia*
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Rallier  

Haha, so it seems. 

@Cadmus 

It's not that, although after what we know about the game now, I think many wish it was just another generic JRPG.  

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3177420&p=44 "
    I sure as hell don't/ Please for the love of god SE, ignore grandpa on the porch and take some more chances. This is a good first step. A bit of a misstep but something they should try again for sure. Also, wow, some idiot mentioned metacritic averages lol.
    Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cadmus
    @ryanwho:
    Because that's how AAA or AA or A is decided on the internets ;)
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Willy105

So this game was disappointing. Get over it.

@Cadmus said:

"

I don't get the point of this thread.  Metacritic is at 66 right now and it's sure to be even lower when more reviews come in.   Also, the graphics look nice for a wii game but it also screams generic jrpg.  Dunno that's just me.

"

This thread was made about half a year ago, when all the websites were hyping the game up.
    johnnywendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By johnnywendy

I kept scrolling and the images wouldn't stop loading. My page kept scrolling back up. 

Mark Bozon, of IGN, gave it 6.2. It looks cool but I guess, in the end, the game didn't really come together. Anybody else think the hero looks pretty badass with the jacket? Slightly nostalgic of squall's jacket.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Rallier  

Haha, so it seems. 

@Cadmus 

It's not that, although after what we know about the game now, I think many wish it was just another generic JRPG.  

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3177420&p=44 "
    I sure as hell don't/ Please for the love of god SE, ignore grandpa on the porch and take some more chances. This is a good first step. A bit of a misstep but something they should try again for sure. Also, wow, some idiot mentioned metacritic averages lol. "

I wasn't serious.  

Square Enix invested very heavily in this Wii project in terms of money and internal resources, one can only wonder what for when it seems the games destined to fail in all regions. I doubt they'll be innovating on Wii like this any time soon, I think they'll play it much safer after DQ10. 

Innovation in the FF series is safe elsewhere.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r

Speak for yourself. If it's not your cup of tea, don't play, and go play a generic JRPG. There are plenty (XIII?) so there's no reason to be sad enough to wish for this to be one. I hope you aren't basing that on reviews alone (I'm personally reserving judgement until I have it in my own hands, which will take quite a while for that happen given the European release date), because we all know they're so damn accurate and consistent for Wii, like 1UP giving Shattered Memories almost the same score as this game (just the + - difference) yet Giant Bomb handing out 4 stars. Hmm is right... The game's got roughly the same amount of good and bad reviews so far in any case, so I'd encourage people to try the game for themselves if they think they'd like the positive things some of the reviews mention since they directly contradict some of the others' negatives: Some say it's too easy, some say it's actually hard - some say combat is simplistic, others love the variety of it - some say the story sucks, some love the fact it's different to the generic JRPG mentioned - some find the controls impossible, others like them with gripes that are easy to overcome, and so on and so forth. The 1UP reviewer cited seems to have spent 10 minutes with the game given the lack of any real information beyond the training battle (rocks).

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ryanwho

I think my problem with SE is their ability to execute. Bottom line, the people who made the games SE (both companies) a household name are basically gone other than the DQ guys. Even if they wanted to make something new, I'm starting to think they just couldn't execute on it with the current staff.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:

" Speak for yourself. If it's not your cup of tea, don't play, and go play a generic JRPG. There are plenty (XIII?) so there's no reason to be sad enough to wish for this to be one. I hope you aren't basing that on reviews alone, because we all know they're so damn accurate and consistent for Wii, like 1UP giving Shattered Memories almost the same score as this game (just the + - difference) yet Giant Bomb handing out 4 stars. Hmm is right... The game's got roughly the same amount of good and bad reviews so far in any case, so I'd encourage people to try the game for themselves if they think they'd like the positive things some of the reviews mention since they directly contradict some of the others' negatives: Some say it's too easy, some say it's actually hard - some say combat is simplistic, others love the variety of it - some say the story sucks, some love the fact it's different to the generic JRPG mentioned - some find the controls impossible, others like them with gripes that are easy to overcome, and so on and so forth. The 1UP reviewer cited seems to have spent 10 minutes with the game given the lack of any real information beyond the training battle (rocks). "

The fact of the matter is for a game that's had four years in development, it sounds very lacking. As a viewer, I see NPC's being picked up and waved all around the place, and not even reacting, lol. One has to wonder what the development team were smoking to create a game with a mechanic so prominent, that still has a lack of basic animation to showcase the new feature.   
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't play games based on the resources spent on them or how realistic they are since both mean nothing to entertainment but that's just me. Example: if (hypothetically) this was worth a 7 for my tastes, and No More Heroes was also worth a 7, I'd have the same fun with both, for the same price, regardless of the fact the latter was developed much faster from a much smaller studio and is for that studio a much bigger achievement. Qualifications like, for the company, for the time, for the resources, only apply when praising/condemning a developer independently of your fun, like having tons of fun with New Super Mario Bros Wii but understanding it's not any kind of revelation for Nintendo as a company you expect to wow you.

I'm pretty sure they have reactions, to the point that eventually all of them may start chasing and kicking you on sight if you've been very naughty. It also didn't really have 4 years of development, as it was stated that when the first trailer (which was vastly different to the end product) was shown it was a mere mock up as they had their hands full with other games for the most part at the time. At the very least this particular version didn't have 4, and we can't know when development finally went to it full force even after we got the first media of its current form. A long development cycle doesn't mean they spent as much money for it as FFXIII or something. But again, it doesn't really matter to any gamer's personal taste and entertainment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.