3.5 stars 3.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 4 releases and 0 DLC

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years--Better Late Than Never? 0

Final Fantasy IV holds a special place in my heart, as it was my first RPG experience.  Before Final Fantasy IV on the SNES, I had no idea what the acronym RPG stood for.  I was unaware of Role Playing Games played with pens & paper, dice, and computers.  I had missed the RPG genre on the NES, but my friend and I decided to rent Final Fantasy IV one fateful day instead of College Slam or Turtles Tournament Fighters.  I was initially disappointed that my mom let him pick this strange game tha...

The After Years is a fun nostalgia trip but with alot of problems 0

Final Fantasy II for the SNES is probably my favorite RPG experience as a kid. It was the first RPG I played with such a massive storyline, full of plot twists, and rememberable characters. So with that bit of history, it's probably my favorite RPG of all time. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is a fun novelty, but it hardly holds a candle to the original game. I mean, that was what I was expecting, so I guess when it turned out to be 'not that good', it wasn't a harsh realization. It was ...