Final Fantasy IV - The After Years - (Website Launch)

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Square Enix have opened an official page for the WiiWare sequel to Final Fantasy IV - The After Years. 

The SNES game which saw its sequel, named "The After", was originally released on mobile phones in Japan last year, and will now be heading to the West via Nintendo's WiiWare service soon. When is unknown, as with most Wii Ware releases, but is is indeed coming to the West. 

The official site has the usual melodic  Final Fantasy music sounding gently in the background, as well as some story info and artwork-

#2 Posted by FLStyle (4918 posts) -

That's probably the coolest looking Dragoon image I have ever seen.

#3 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
FLStyle said:
"That's probably the coolest looking Dragoon image I have ever seen."
Agreed, it looks very sweet.  I wish I could get the Wii online (insert sad, yet angry face).
#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

I doubt they had any of the good people behind the Final Fantasy games working on a mobile sequel to IV. Even if I had a Wii, I'd still pass.

It's a port of a cell phone game... You lost me.

#5 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

too bad its not comming to XBLA or psn

#6 Posted by JJ (172 posts) -

Yeah, XBLA would be awesome. I have the sound I hear when I get an achievement.

#7 Posted by RelentlessKnight (965 posts) -

Did I already seen this image for Final Fantasy 4 DS?

#8 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

I still have to get the original (preferably the DS or SNES version).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.