Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IX

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 07, 2000

Zidane Tribal and his troupe attempt to abduct Princess Garnet of Alexandria in this throwback to the classics of the series.

PSN Version

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bongchilla

They recently released FF VIII on PSN and It got me excited for them to release IX. I never liked VIII when I originally played it but I still downloaded it. I would like to have the whole PS FF trilogy on my PS3. How long will they have us wait for FF IX to be released?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

I don't think there's been any information released about the inevitable release of FF IX on PSN.

You can bet it will appear there eventually, but exactly when is just about anyone's guess.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nexas

It took them about six months to get VIII on after VII. Hopefully it won't take that long.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

As with VII and VIII I just bought the original PS1 version of IX, so whether they release it on the service or not "Ain't no thang"

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By eclipsesis

I'm still waiting for VIII in UK to be released (Sony's biggest market and we still get the shaft every time). Anyways if its relevant IX is Hironobu  Sakaguchi's personal favorite.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Adamantium

Probably less than a year. It's awesome to see them putting these out as DLC. Still, I'm glad I hung onto my original FFVII-XII discs and picked up a BC PS3 at launch.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bongchilla

I'm with  Sakaguchi, Its my favorite of the series. I really hope its released fairly soon. I guess I'll try to play VIII in the meantime...

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Adamantium
    @BongChilla said:
    " I'm with  Sakaguchi, Its my favorite of the series. I really hope its released fairly soon. I guess I'll try to play VIII in the meantime... "
    Cool! Not many feel that way because of the old-school systems 9 used, but it's my favorite as well!
    shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shrig32

It's my top game in the series, too, it sums up the series up to that point flawlessly!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.