Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Type-0

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2011

Final Fantasy Type-0, formerly Final Fantasy Agito XIII, is an RPG for the PSP. The PSP Version was only available in Japan, but an Xbox One and Playstation 4 version was localized for North America & Europe.

Final Fantasy Agito announced for iOS and Android

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Remember when Square Enix said it is in the process of Localizing Type - 0 Well here is an article from Eurogamer which will anger a lot of you.

"Final Fantasy Agito is an iOS and Android game due out in 2014, Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed (thanks, Nova Crystallis).

Final Fantasy Agito was the original name of PlayStation Portable game Final Fantasy Type-0. It appears Agito isn't a remake of Type-0, rather an "alternate experience". The iOS and Android version features the cast from Type-0 alongside a new character called Myuu Kagerohi, and, according to reports, better visuals than the PSP game.

Square Enix will release new chapters every two weeks, with a story influenced by community decisions. Players get 10 days to take on the missions, with the final four days of the fortnight for boss fights.

It's a free-to-play title, and as a result you can buy items to recover energy.

Hajime Tabata, the director of Type-0, is the producer. Masayasu Nishida, who has worked on Star Ocean, is the director. Tabata told Famitsu he hopes those who skipped Type-0 when it released on PSP in 2011 will pick up Agito this time around.

Speaking of skipping Type-0, the game is yet to release in the West, despite Tabata saying on the record that it was being localised."

Who knows maybe Type - 0 is still being localized but i wouldn't get your hopes up OR maybe this will be decent? who knows man.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm still hoping that Boyes name dropped Final Fantasy Type-0 on up-at-noon (IGN) for a reason...

Though, to be honest, I have my doubts as to it being any good anyway.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: Me too. Boyes managed to get Borderlands 2 on vita and Elder scrolls online on PS4 he is doing great work at Sony.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jimmyfenix said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Me too. Boyes managed to get Borderlands 2 on vita and Elder scrolls online on PS4 he is doing great work at Sony.

Fuck yeah - though Gio Corsi (@giocorsi on twitter) is the new man on the scene (along with mothertrucking Iron Galaxy Studios) as the new crack-team for bringing stuff to playstation. I choose to believe that Boyes still oversees it all, though.

I wonder if they can strong-arm Square into getting shit done.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Verendus

Brilliant, just brilliant...Now watch this get localized and Type-0 never finding it's way here.

Awesome job SE, maybe add microtransaction where you are to forced to play as/with Lightning unless you pay cash. The benefits of getting that cash and showing everyone's "favorite" FF character down their throats again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.