Final Fantasy V coming to PSN.

#1 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159292p1.html    

Don't know if there's been a thread of this already. The news is a couple days old, but yeah, FF V is coming to PSN. No release date has been announced yet.

Can't say I'm super interested in it. I haven't played it, but what I've heard of it, it's apparently not very good. At least from narrative side. I'll probably still play it, cause it's a FF game, and I like them. If there are some FF V fans here, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, since I'm fairly unfamiliar with the game.
#2 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

Bump, if anyone's interested.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Cool, I guess. I'm sure anyone who's really interested in FFV has already played it on one of the other four platforms they released it on.

#4 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

I'd be more interested in 6 because Kefka is one smooth mother fucker.

#5 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

Pass.  V was respectfully known as the worser ones.

#6 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (764 posts) -

YEAH! This can only mean that FFVI is next on line, make it happen Square!

#7 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -
@Verb4tim: What this now means is that every Final Fantasy game will be on a Sony platform, and the only platform for this to happen on.
#8 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I appreciate more PS one Classics, but I wish more publishers committed to putting games up, and not just Square Enix. Lately all I'm seeing is them.

#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

So another rererereererererereerelease then?

Square Enix: we forgot long ago how to actually make good new games...

#10 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Final Fantasy V is one of the worst games in the series.  That's one rerelease I won't buy.

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Final Fantasy V is actually really good, much better than the first three or any of them since IX.

However the PSOne version is horrible, it had a very bad translation and suffers from bad loading times..
#12 Edited by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

From the 1200 yen release of it on PSN in Japan, I imagine we'll see a $9.99 price tag which seems far too steep a price for V alone when Anthology contained both V and VI and cost the same amount as, say, Final Fantasy Tactics (which also happens to be on PSN for that price).  But maybe it'll be $4.99... at which point I might consider it. I dunno... the job system is great and the game is enjoyable, but I can't say I've been itching to play it again. I wonder if the atrocious load times of FF Chronicles/ Anthologies will be fixed... Gods, those load times were so terrible.

Oh, also -- Chrono Cross is getting released on PSN in Japan, so chances are we'll see it here in the future, for anyone who cares. Personally, I'd rather play Chrono Cross again rather than FFV, but that's just me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.