Alright, who's the culprit?

#1 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -
STOP MOVING THE SOUNDTRACK TO THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE.
It looks awful. It breaks up the content, it makes it look like the end of the page, and is much less important then the gameplay and character sections which you seem so intent on hiding. Really, it makes no sense to have it there. SO QUIT IT.
#2 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

wait what?

#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Someone keeps reorganizing the page layout so that the soundtrack breaks up the characters and gameplay sections. Which, I agree with BoG, would look really, really stupid.

#4 Posted by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Wow, that sucks. There's no way for the moderator to tell who is doing what when it comes to editing?

#5 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Someone keeps reorganizing the page layout so that the soundtrack breaks up the characters and gameplay sections. Which, I agree with BoG, would look really, really stupid."
oh ok. well it wasnt me
#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Well, I didn't do it. But, it is annoying, agreed.

However, besides the soundtrack format change, the page is very nice. Kudos to whoever did it. A lot of information and the like. I like it. Still, keep it like it is now. The soundtrack section is where it belongs.

#7 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

Who thinks that that is a good idea?

#8 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -

Somebody should stop being a dum-dum.

#9 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Well, I didn't do it. But, it is annoying, agreed.

However, besides the soundtrack format change, the page is very nice. Kudos to whoever did it. A lot of information and the like. I like it. Still, keep it like it is now. The soundtrack section is where it belongs."
I keep moving the soundtrack, but the rest of the page I'd say is thanks to StarFoxA. I had done a whole bunch, but somebody got rid of it all, and the only logical explanation is the user with 2,000+ points on the page.
#10 Posted by roushimsx (485 posts) -

The sooner a versioning system gets implemented, the better.

#11 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I agree with my fellow Moderator here that dicking around with the Wiki will only end badly for the culprit. Having a soundtrack list in the middle of what is a pretty substantial amount of information on this particular page just breaks it up and makes the layout of the page look badly organised. Soundtracks are best left to the bottom or end of an article, not smack bang in the middle.

Also to whoever did write that article up, kudos, thats one long and informative article.

#12 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

A separate page on wikis for soundtrack listings would be good, I think.

#13 Edited by BoG (5192 posts) -

AND HE STRIKES AGAIN.

Ok, really , who is it? STOP. I know just how I'll draw you out of your cave.
#14 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

BoG did it.

#15 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

Culprit. Culprit. Culprit. Culprit.

#16 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I think you telling whoever not to do it brought them back out of hiding. :P

#17 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Whoever it is, I thank them. They got me to read the GB Final Fantasy VI page which in turn makes me wanna play Final Fantasy VI.

#18 Edited by BoG (5192 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I think you telling whoever not to do it brought them back out of hiding. :P
"
I hope to do it again. They'll reveal themselves.
Also, Red, thank StarFoxA, who wrote that entire thing. Yes, the rest of us have points, but I think he scrapped all of our work for the better.
#19 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -

Sorry, that was me. I thought that it was better under the "development" section than in its own section. But now I see it your way.

#20 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Awesome! Jedi Mind tricks = success!

#21 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -
BoG said:
"Awesome! Jedi Mind tricks = success!

"
Now I have to go switch it again. The soundtrack is important! Stop fucking with it!
#22 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

I can only imagine StarFox sitting there wondering just who the hell keeps rearranging it his stuff!  

StarFox "what the hell, why did someone move the soundtracks, i'll have to fix that"

BoG  "who did that?! now i have to fix it again"
rinse & repeat

priceless

+5 for the jedi mind trick BoG, good work 
#23 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Tension.

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

It's not me.  I can't edit pages.   >.<

#25 Posted by Legend (2661 posts) -

We need an edit history functionality on wiki pages. There is one for guides. Why not use it with the Wiki page as well. I trust our dear moderators will tell Snide/Coonce/Ethan about this.

#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Legend said:
"We need an edit history functionality on wiki pages. There is one for guides. Why not use it with the Wiki page as well. I trust our dear moderators will tell Snide/Coonce/Ethan about this."
They're well aware of the need for change tracking on the wiki, but I don't think that's on their current "to do" list.

The guide edit history doesn't even work the way it should. You can't save or publish a previous version of a guide; and you can't even look at previous versions unless you're the main editor of the guide.
So if I screw something up on the image moderation guide, I have to rely on jlrm01 to restore the previous version of the guide. If he can.
#27 Posted by StarFoxA (5163 posts) -
Out_On_Bail said:
"I can only imagine StarFox sitting there wondering just who the hell keeps rearranging it his stuff!  

StarFox "what the hell, why did someone move the soundtracks, i'll have to fix that"

BoG  "who did that?! now i have to fix it again"
rinse & repeat

priceless

+5 for the jedi mind trick BoG, good work 
"
That was pretty much how it was for about a month or two... lol.
#28 Edited by NickL (2247 posts) -

i will have to read this page, the final fantasies in between 3 and 7 are just a huge blur for me....

edit: nevermind, i remember this one as final fantasy 3! (forgot about the japan vs american stuff) this one was by far my favorite, i loved it even way more then 7 haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.