Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Dude... This game is awesome!

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sixghost

I can't believe I've never played FF7 until now. I had always been a fan of FF9, but I never thought to go back and try 7 since I could barely even get 5-6 hours into FF8. I had just assumed that 7 and 8 would be pretty similar for some reason, but this game is so much like 9 it's crazy. This is like discovering there's an entire Resident Evil or Mass Effect game that I never knew existed. Aside from dealing with the weird looking Lego people in some parts of the game, it's held up pretty well.

I guess this was what all the fuss was about.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Just wait til you reach disc 2. Cloud and Tifa in the life stream = most ahead-of-its-time video game storytelling I have ever seen.

Chefskippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Chefskippy

I remember putting my life on pause for 3 -4 weeks while I played this game.  Make sure you get "Knights of the Round" summons.  I believe the grafic cut scene is 1 minute long and doles out 9999 points of damage 15 - 20 times?? I forget exsactly how to get it?? Have FUN!!
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Chefskippy said:

" I remember putting my life on pause for 3 -4 weeks while I played this game.  Make sure you get "Knights of the Round" summons.  I believe the grafic cut scene is 1 minute long and doles out 9999 points of damage 15 - 20 times?? I forget exsactly how to get it?? Have FUN!! "

Golden Chocobo, bitches.  

Unfortunately, I find I can't really come back to this one as much as the older ones. I think my early encounters and memories with 3D graphics are more negative than nostalgic and sprites will always warm my heart. 
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nanikore

That's terrific! 

Too bad all Final Fantasy games suck, though. 

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Computerplayer1

I was hoping 13 would have the great side mission, open map type deal that 7 had but instead they gave us one area that you can never go back to once you've passed it...

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ninjakiller

FF7 is great.  I never got people who based it. 

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By wwfundertaker

Glad you like it, my all time favourite.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Sayishere

i used to think ff7 was the greatest game ever made, no denying its a classic. As time went on i started to like FF9 more, i loved the soundtrack and the style of the game more, ive started playing the older FF games recently and foudn them to be even better, you should try out the ones that come out for the snes and prior

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont hate me, the only FF game I ever played was X2 = (

TheEvilBucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheEvilBucket
    @Computerplayer1:@Computerplayer1 said:

" I was hoping 13 would have the great side mission, open map type deal that 7 had but instead they gave us one area that you can never go back to once you've passed it... "

you can get back to that open map, just before you fight orphan there is a teleport that takes you back to pulse so you can complete the side quests. you can also get back to it after you complete the game the same way.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By JoeyRavn

I've always found FFVII a bit meh-ish. Sure, it was great for its time, with its 3D graphics and all, but I've never liked the story or the characters. IMO, the best FF story-wise is FFVI, and gameplay-wise FFV. Even FFIV is overall better than FFVII, if you ask me.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Computerplayer1
    @TheEvilBucket said:
    " @Computerplayer1:@Computerplayer1 said:

" I was hoping 13 would have the great side mission, open map type deal that 7 had but instead they gave us one area that you can never go back to once you've passed it... "

you can get back to that open map, just before you fight orphan there is a teleport that takes you back to pulse so you can complete the side quests. you can also get back to it after you complete the game the same way. "
    Lol that was 5 months ago. I did eventually find that out. Game still wasn't great at all.
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Faint

final fantasy fan who was unaware of the greatness of ff7? unheard of!

TheEvilBucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheEvilBucket
    @Computerplayer1 said:

" @TheEvilBucket said:

" @Computerplayer1:@Computerplayer1 said:

you can get back to that open map, just before you fight orphan there is a teleport that takes you back to pulse so you can complete the side quests. you can also get back to it after you complete the game the same way. "
    Lol that was 5 months ago. I did eventually find that out. Game still wasn't great at all. "
    sorry dude, just noticed the date of the thread. my  apoligises.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Yeah, FFVII is awesome.  FFVII and FFVIII are the only FF games that I actually finished.  The others, just didn't have that much time to play through. 

Make sure you get Knights of the Round materia and the mime materia to summon multiple Knights of the Round! 

And make sure you fight the Emerald and Ruby Weapons in the game for a good challenge. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.