Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

FF7 remake Poll.

• 64 results
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By s-a-n-JR
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Hopefully i covered most of the bases with the poll. Let's hear your thoughts on it!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Screw ff7 I don't wanna see a remake of that horrible game and its horrible spinoffs, Though I don't wanna see any thing out of square really since they are quite literally dead to me any more, I buy the products or rent them then take them back a day later as i see how shitty an EA clone they have become.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aurelito

F for f*ck it. I'm a fan of Turn Based RPGs, but in a conditional situation of not having letter "J" on beginning of their genre. FFXII was way more better than FVII-VIII-XI-X.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Mercator

FF7 is on par with the worst FF's. I realize people are nostalgic for it...but with this game they have drank the fucking cool aid.
    As a child I played tons of NES games, and I am nostalgic for loads of shit...but as an adult I realize its garbage and I should leave it to the good thoughts in my brain.

But people still think FF7 is good...still think its one of, if not, the best FF...and that simply isnt true. The story is terrible, the characters are even worse. It outstays its welcome, though this is common with all JRPGs, and the game is super inconsistant. Look to FF4, or FF6 if you want a story. FF5 if you want interesting gameplay.

Give me a DS remake of 5 & 6, and then close the book on FF remakes. FF7 is terrible, fact.

Square needs to make a new IP that doesnt suck.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By imayellowfellow

i voted for that would be pretty cool until i saw the ff8 one, gimme more squall i love ff8

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Well i loved FF7 and thought the story was great, so i think a remake would be awesome. However, I'm also believer of leaving classics be, so i'm pretty conflicted! :P (Although i suppose i'm leaning more towards the remake route).

And i also really liked ff8 but i don't think it gets enough love! (hence the last option :-P)

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By ishotmrburns

Leave the remakes for, ugh, Hollywood.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

NO. If Square Enix spent as much time remaking Final Fantasy games as they did making new ones we would HAVE FFXIII already, shit, maybe FFXIV. I'd be alright with a DS remake of 5 and 6 (6 was my favorite Final Fantasy game), and then they seriously need to stop remaking them. I don't even really see what people find so great about FFVII.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne

No. I would like a rerelease/port, but I definatly don't want to see the game remade.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGodPoet

I've never played FFVII so a remake would be great for me. Just to see what most people see in the game.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By the8bitNacho
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Screw ff7 I don't wanna see a remake of that horrible game and its horrible spinoffs, Though I don't wanna see any thing out of square really since they are quite literally dead to me any more, I buy the products or rent them then take them back a day later as i see how shitty an EA clone they have become."
    Why do you seem to hate every game that everyone else likes?
    Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I played and beat FF VII and I kind of don't care either way. I liked it when I played it, but come on. If i want to play it for nostalgia, I will.

I actually picked the last choice.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

Fuck FF7, don't give a shit about a remake at all.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By damswedon

i realy didnt like FFVII it was the game that turned me off RPG's till the PS2 and FFX

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eclipsesis

WilliamRLBaker said:

"Screw ff7 I don't wanna see a remake of that horrible game and its horrible spinoffs, Though I don't wanna see any thing out of square really since they are quite literally dead to me any more, I buy the products or rent them then take them back a day later as i see how shitty an EA clone they have become."

why the fuck then do you keep posting in forums related to final fantasy grow up, stop being so immature and post in the forums of the games which you bum, prick.

i would love to see final fantasy 7 re-done and i would deffiantely buy if they did, no doubt tetsuya nomura would be the director therefore the game would change if some way maybe they would even make the script a bit clear. however i wouldn't be that bothered if they chose not to do it, because i could understand their thoughts and feelings towrads the game, pluse i only just completed ff7 again for the 8th time last week

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By s-a-n-JR
    eclipsesis said:
    "

WilliamRLBaker said:

why the fuck then do you keep posting in forums related to final fantasy grow up, stop being so immature and post in the forums of the games which you bum, prick.

There's no need for hosilities. The poll invites opinions of everyone, hence the different options.
    Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ryu

"why the fuck then do you keep posting in forums related to final fantasy grow up, stop being so immature and post in the forums of the games which you bum, prick."

I only read this from your post mate, but its making you sound like a prick to me.

I'd like a remake because I never played the original, not an exact one though. More of a REmake.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eclipsesis

Ryu said:

"

"why the fuck then do you keep posting in forums related to final fantasy grow up, stop being so immature and post in the forums of the games which you bum, prick."

I only read this from your post mate, but its making you sound like a prick to me.

I'd like a remake because I never played the original, not an exact one though. More of a REmake.

"

eh how am i the bad guy, he does it every time, just constantly puts down square enix and final fantasy.
    i would be like me constantly dissing bungie and the halo franchise,  i avoid them forums because i only have negative things to say about that game, thats why i don't do it. so why then does he involve himself every time when he has nothing constructive to say just negativity. when we all know by now he doesn't like final fantasy we get the point.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lashe

Sakaguchi and Uematsu aren't there. Leave. It. Alone.

I really don't trust Tetsuya, especially with FFVII.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superchris129
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    " quite literally dead to me any more."
    lol, what a dipshit
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By eclipsesis
    Lashe said:
    "Sakaguchi and Uematsu aren't there. Leave. It. Alone.I really don't trust Tetsuya, especially with FFVII."

uematsu, is a musician for hire he does work for shit loads of companies, like  mistwalker, he will do music for FF7 as he did the music for FF7 advent children. sakaguchi on the other hand yh he's gone, he had to take the bullet for spirits within
    alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By alexl86

The chance of a remake being released on 360 is bigger than the original being released over XBLA, so I say yes. Incidentally, FFVII is the best game ever and while I'd love to play the original, I'd be satisfied with a remake.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Disgaeamad

Forget FFVII. I want a DS remake of V and VI already, seeing how they did a splendid job on IV's remake.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By dj

I would like to see Square release a new version with the original that way I can see the changes.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By RandomHero666

Final Fantasy VII is the best game ever made, anyone who doesnt agree with me is wrong and must pay for their mistakes.

Lol... i sound like one of those halo haters.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Coltonio7

VIII Was amazing... =(

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By REDRUN

the game was great at the time. there is so much spoilers out there a remake would be a big loss for developers. the game would sell to the fans, but how many of those fans would actually buy it? FFVII is the classic, a DLC port is a smart move as for profits. Having a remake now is too soon, maybe in 10 more years the story would be retold in a brand new perspective.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PureRok

I don't care either way. (Quality) Remakes are always nice, but not essential... unless we're talking about FFVI. Personally, I think FFVII is one of, if not, the worst Final Fantasy games.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JJOR64

I wouldn't mind a remake.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By kashif1

i just wanna see what the fuss is about

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Kombat said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    Why do you seem to hate every game that everyone else likes?"
    Why do you post off topic and attack me instead of voting in the poll and then giving your opinion? I didn't know the topic was talk about others opinions on the matter it was talk about your own opinion last i checked, as well then I guess I hate halo, resident evil, lost planet, rainbow six vegas 1 and 2, gears of war 1 and 2,  resistance 2, parasite eve 1 and 2, earthbound....ect *those are just a few of the games i looked over at in my collection*

eclipsesis said:
    "

WilliamRLBaker said:

i would love to see final fantasy 7 re-done and i would deffiantely buy if they did, no doubt tetsuya nomura would be the director therefore the game would change if some way maybe they would even make the script a bit clear. however i wouldn't be that bothered if they chose not to do it, because i could understand their thoughts and feelings towrads the game, pluse i only just completed ff7 again for the 8th time last week

"
    Yes because i troll the final fantasy boards...ect It couldn't be that the newest post forum which I have as my home page doesn't show me every post posted on the forums *except off topic i have that turned off oh and blog posts since off topic is usually just blog posts any ways* And how am i being immature? because I gave my opinion based upon the question asked? why aren't you pissed off at the TC for adding an option in the poll that says specifically ""dont like ff7 so fuck a remake* yep im being immature because you don't agree with my opinion, No immature would be making the statement that any one that wants a trash remake of a trash game is stupid...ect I gave my opinion and i stand by it and a few people agreed with me  I could easily go into the reasons why final fantasy 7 was shit.
    Superchris129
    said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    " quite literally dead to me any more."
    lol, what a dipshit"
    Why because i gave an opinion? yes it really hurts you that I don't like Final Fantasy 7 and square.

eclipsesis
    said:
    "

Ryu said:

"

"

eh how am i the bad guy, he does it every time, just constantly puts down square enix and final fantasy.
    i would be like me constantly dissing bungie and the halo franchise,  i avoid them forums because i only have negative things to say about that game, thats why i don't do it. so why then does he involve himself every time when he has nothing constructive to say just negativity. when we all know by now he doesn't like final fantasy we get the point.

"
    Actually if you knew a single damn thing you'd know I thoroughly enjoyed Final Fantasy 1-6, 7 was shit, 8 wasn't bad, 9 was better, 10 was total fucking crap, 11 is an mmo so by default is shit, and x-2 was a total rip off we can do extreme beach volley ball too and have floppy titied lesbian like storylines too! and 12? its not too bad.

If you knew shit you'd know I don't respect Square or the final fantasy franchise any more the only thing you've ever seen me on this forum dissing is FF7 isn't it odd how you make the leap because of your own inabbility to accept ff7 is shit that i must hate all final fantasy games?   Then again I can with all honesty say I've played more SRPGS, JRPGs, and all around japanese games then you, I enjoyed FFT, FFTA, FFTA2 I enjoyed the DS remakes of 3 and 4, I hated the consistant remakes and rererererererereleases of ff 1 and 2 and 4 and 5 and 6 that they kept releaseing so as to make money.
    I enjoyed Seiken Denetsu 1-3 I hated the Mana games after that because they weren't up to par and quite a few people agree with me on that....But do i need to keep going on? you bitch and bitch because someone doesn't have the exact same opinion as you, And then say well that person must be trolling the forums blah blah blah, Or he doesn't like the entire series, or blah blah blah you'll likely say next i've not even played the games.

P.S: if a game is genuinely good then it doesn't need defending.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LiquidPrince

All for it.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RandomHero666

Wow this thread has gotten nasty.
    Apparently not sharing someone elses views or opinions makes you a [Quote] "Dipshit" =/

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By weltal

Sure, why not?

Christ, this thread is worse than a thread about Halo.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By s-a-n-JR

People are entitled to believe whatever the hell they want. Someone's contrasting opinion isn't going to change my existing opinion of something...so why get so temperamental? Besides, i find it interesting to hear other peoples views, and although i may not agree with them some of the time, i can respect them...the exception being if the reasoning is so extremely retarded that it's inconcievable to appreciate on any level. (which is not the case here).

So basically, I love Final Fantasy 7 and i don't give a flying monkey fuck if people hate it.

Rumour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rumour

If Square releases an FF7 remake I would pick it up in a second, no questions asked.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Sanj said:
    " People are entitled to believe whatever the hell they want. Someone's contrasting opinion isn't going to change my existing opinion of something...so why get so temperamental? Besides, i find it interesting to hear other peoples views, and although i may not agree with them some of the time, i can respect them...the exception being if the reasoning is so extremely retarded that it's inconcievable to appreciate on any level. (which is not the case here). So basically, I love Final Fantasy 7 and i don't give a flying monkey fuck if people hate it. "
    and im glad you enjoy it go ahead and enjoy it thats what video games are for, but when some dicks get pissy at me because i came into a thread on the main forum page *not because i was in the ff7 forum* and give my opinion when the TC asked for it then i tend to get pissy.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By BiggerBomb

Wait, what? A Final Fantasy VII remake? What for? There are already, like, five of them.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Red

It'd be pretty cool. I tried playing FF7 in the summer and I dug it, but around 20 hours through I said "this game is really dated". Not the story or even really the graphics, but just the control and the presentation. It just highlights the name of your dude when it's their turn, while games like Persona 4 angle the camera so it's shining on you. The lack of analog support blows, and the game's overall structure sucks. If they were to do a remake, they'd have to ditch the random battles. Even though they aren't quite as bad in FF7 as they were in FF6, they're still not very intuitive.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RandomHero666
    Sanj said:
    " People are entitled to believe whatever the hell they want. Someone's contrasting opinion isn't going to change my existing opinion of something...so why get so temperamental? Besides, i find it interesting to hear other peoples views, and although i may not agree with them some of the time, i can respect them...the exception being if the reasoning is so extremely retarded that it's inconcievable to appreciate on any level. (which is not the case here). So basically, I love Final Fantasy 7 and i don't give a flying monkey fuck if people hate it. "
    Well said.
    sac214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sac214

final fantasy vii is the best game of the final fantasy series. when does the remake come out or are they not doing it.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By dsplayer1010

I never played it. So sure

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By Astras

Would like a remake although I feel that FF7 costing and execution could not support the 3d engine that has been developed. We would be left with a linear empty shell that would support the free roam travel... they would try and stay away from the world map system that seems to be classed as absolete in modern gaming.
    The costing to create an even simalar experience would be too much for a profit hungry company like SquareEnix to handle.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SonicFire

I'd take a re-make of FFVI, never understood what the big deal about VII was... ok at best

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By Jeust
    @ishotmrburns said:
    " Leave the remakes for, ugh, Hollywood. "
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Burns098356GX

13 versus reminds me alot of 7. So maybe that'll be enough for people...

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Semition

I don't care either way. I played 7 and it was cool and all, but it wasn't anything special for me.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Druminator

Been playing this on PSN. Good enough without a remake.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By Driadon

I've tried over and over again to play Final Fantasy 7 and every time I play it I come back to "I fucking hate 90% of this game!" 
    If this series wants to keep its focus on the story, I really think they need to step it up as they did with the original Tactics game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.