Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

if there not gonna remake it can why can't they port it

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

could they at least put it on psn classics, that doesn't seem to hard

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Well, I would not play a port. I tried to play the original for the first time last year, and could not do it. I'm sure it was awesome, and I'm sure the story's great, but that game has not aged well. RPG's and games in general have come SO far. I will wait patiently for a remake.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Kiemoe

I think Final Fantasy VII has been hyped so much that it can never be lived up to, so Square just doesn't. It sucks but I guess I get what they mean.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Kiemoe said:
    "I think Final Fantasy VII has been hyped so much that it can never be lived up to, so Square just doesn't. It sucks but I guess I get what they mean."
    Well I thought Crisis Core was a shitty game, If they remade FF7 I can't imagine what dumb feature's they would stick in the game, I feel Square has gone a little down hill lately, but it might just be me.
    Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scientist

Yeah you're probably right.  

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Who cares..? If any of you actually want some update to happen sooo bad so you can play your precious FF7 why not just play the damn original PS game? If you don't have it, obviously your not as much of a fan as you claim, nor do you care as much as you try to either.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Because it's a twelve year old poorly aged game.  In order for it to reach as many people as square would want they would have to update a lot of things about it.  Like the incredibly frequent battles and the piss poor storytelling.  And once people saw the open world character models, not the CG cutscene or battle character models, it would be laughed at by a large portion of the game's audience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.