Poor PS1 can't handle these:

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor:2GHz
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9.0c-compatible graphic card
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:3 GB HD space

If the PS1 can run Final Fantasy VII and you need at least these specs to run Final Fantasy VII on a PC, then it means that these are also the specs of the PS1. The math checks out.

lol no - joking right?

#52 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

Clicked expecting troll thread... left saying "America!". Happy 4th indeed.

Fun fact: My first two image submissions to Giant Bomb:

@pepsiman: Thanks for those. Saved me the trauma of even looking. ;)

that's million bucks

Bless you. :)

#53 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Anyone know if they actually correct any bugs from the original PC version? I wouldn't mind picking this up. I still pop my original PSX discs into the PC every now and then. I don't care what people say, FFVII is an awesome game and I enjoy it every time.

#54 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

@skooky said:

@fredchuckdave said:

Poor PS1 can't handle these:

System Requirements

• Minimum:

• Processor:2GHz
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:DirectX 9.0c-compatible graphic card
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:3 GB HD space

If the PS1 can run Final Fantasy VII and you need at least these specs to run Final Fantasy VII on a PC, then it means that these are also the specs of the PS1. The math checks out.

... you don't really know how computers work, do you?

"My PC is more powerful than a 360? Why aren't there 360 emulators?"

#55 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1077 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

I love how Square-Enix continues to overprice their games and that people buy into that bullshit because of nostalgia.

I'm afraid that's how supply and demand works, my friend.

#56 Posted by andrewf87462 (558 posts) -

I've just picked this up on Steam and i'm having an issue right from the get go. Is anyone else having issues with the Cloud Saving? Within Settings and Network, it says Cloud Saving is Not Available, although I clearly have an Internet connection.

#57 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -
#58 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@andrewf87462:

Yea, I'm having that glitch, too. I've tried every possible setting and even screwed around with some registry files, but I still can't save Cloud from falling into the Lifestream. What the fuck?

#59 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

So exploitative, yet cool. I might have to get this.

I never played it in its heyday, so this would be a great opportunity to finally experience what everyone's always raving about, but I'm wondering if it still holds up for a newcomer, without any nostalgia whatsoever.

#60 Posted by zenmastah (915 posts) -

I find it funny that some ppl are complaining about the price and their argument is that its a old game..

Yes its a old game, also its a fucking LONG ASS old game.

#61 Posted by liako21 (522 posts) -

how does this work with the 360 controller?

#62 Edited by Amafi (769 posts) -

Bought it again just because I hadn't played it in years and I was worried I might be unfairly hating on it all these years later.

Nope, it's still garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.