Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Deep Look: Final Fantasy 8- Speed Run Tips: Cactuar Hunting

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Duders,

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found particularly worthy of highlighting and exploring. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I continue my preparation for Giantbomb.com's Community Endurance Run (which starts on November 15th!) by showing off the best AP grinding spot after you get the mobile Garden. I kill off some Cactuar as efficiently as possible and by watching this video you can too! I also highlight some of the other useful enemies that live among the Cactuar.

I'm afraid that the name I wen with for my last two speed run videos were a bit poor at describing what the videos were actually about so I renamed them. You can find them here:

Deep Look: Final Fantasy 8- Speed Run Tips: Balamb Fish Farming

Deep Look: Final Fantasy 8- Speed Run Tips: Killing X-ATM092

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thatpinguino  Staff

Would anyone like a guide to speeding through the Tomb of the Unknown King? I want to get another run in before the event and that seemed like a thing that might be useful to someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.