Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Deep Look: Final Fantasy 8- Speed Run Tips: Killing X-ATM092

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Hey Duders,

Here is the latest Deep Look! Deep Looks are largely gameplay and commentary like a Giantbomb quicklook; however, I try to cover games that have been out for a while and I intend to use the videos to highlight moments and mechanics that I found particularly worthy of highlighting and exploring. Also I aim to keep the videos under 20 minutes.

In this Deep Look I continue my preparation for Giantbomb.com's Community Endurance Run (which starts on November 15th!) by outlining some of my early FF8 speed run strategies. I show off how to kill X-ATM092 and reap the sweet item and AP rewards that lie in its metal carcass. I also shed some light on how to exploit limit breaks in FF8. Once again, any and all speed running tips you might have are much obliged!

Rothgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Rothgar

Super excited to visit my boy @thatpinguino for the Community Endurance Run, I will be doing a <24hr play through of my #1 favorite game of all time - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

SevenTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea that you could kill him. That cut scene shooting it with the machine gun is key to my FF8 memory.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thatpinguino  Staff

@seventango: Yeah I found that out pretty recently. The ending scene isn't the same without that machine gun, but it certainly is cool to blow that spider up and get 50AP and a strong ability item.

@rothgar: I can't wait! I haven't seen all of Ocarina so I'm looking forward to seeing some of that.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

I'm not sure what other sorts of FF8 speedrun tips people would want to see so if there is a part of FF8 that you would like to know more about just let me know! I was thinking of doing a video on the Tomb of the Unknown King, but I that information might be too well known.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.