How did this guy do this? (spoilers)

#1 Posted by LostRebel (111 posts) -

In Lunatic Pandora, I've done everything that he did while aboard Lunatic Pandora, but for some reason he can walk over the crevice at '29:34' and I can't. It looks like some how he got some stalagmite to fall, but he didn't do that in the video at all and the stalagmite hasn't fallen for me?

#2 Posted by korkesh (133 posts) -

If I remember correctly this is done during the Laguna dream sequence in this area way back when. I think it had something to do with pushing the boulders in a certain order.
#3 Posted by LostRebel (111 posts) -
@korkesh: When do you enter the Laguna dream sequence? I don't remember there being one recently? The last one I remember was them rescuing Ellone.
#4 Posted by korkesh (133 posts) -

I think is was on the first disk, it ends with Laguna jumping off the cliff, I think the Ellone one is after that.
#5 Posted by rawilliam (28 posts) -

You have to do everything correct in the Laguna sequences. Push and trigger the boulders in the right order is part of it.

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3762 posts) -

You can't do anything. You had to do some special stuff while controlling Laguna in Lunatic Pandora, in disc 1. Don't worry though, it's nothing really important, just some items.

#7 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -

Final Fantasy games always fuck you in the ass even if you think you did everything right. Seriously if you miss talking to some random dude taking a piss in a street corner it stops you getting 100% later on in their games. Never forget not being able to get the best weapon in FF12 because I opened a random chest earlier on in the game which prevented another chest spawning later on in the game. FUCK YOU EVIL SQUARE!!!

#8 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -
@X19 said:
Final Fantasy games always fuck you in the ass even if you think you did everything right. Seriously if you miss talking to some random dude taking a piss in a street corner it stops you getting 100% later on in their games. Never forget not being able to get the best weapon in FF12 because I opened a random chest earlier on in the game, preventing another chest spawning later on in the game. FUCK YOU EVIL SQUARE!!!
Agreed! FFXII was the worst for it's dungeon chest system. Very unsatisfying. Remember the days when you'd find a little nook in a dungeon with a treasure chest that would contain a powerful new sword/shield/armor? (FFI to FFIX)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.