So I said that I do have ELEM-ATTACK-J or whatever...

#1 Posted by LostRebel (111 posts) -

But I really don't. If I said I didn't have it, would it have given it to me or something? At the part where you go underneath Balamb Garden into the Statrum or whatever.

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

To someone who has never played Final Fantasy 8 your title/post will be as confusing as the mechanics of FF8 themself. Oh snap! For real though the game is piss poor at telling you how to play it.
#3 Posted by FredArmstrong14 (4 posts) -

haha I played through AND beat FF8 and I have no idea what this is.... Balamb Garden sounds a little familiar though

#4 Posted by BombKareshi (979 posts) -

I don't remember enough of the game to know what you're talking about, but f you give me more information I may be able to find out.

#5 Posted by Soap (3642 posts) -

Context is key.

#6 Edited by MEATBALL (3479 posts) -

It's been a long time, but I think I know the part what you're referring to. You're in a brown sewer-like area, yeah? IIRC, there's a boss coming up where having the ability to junction elemental magic to your attack for elemental effects will come in handy (it's probably not entirely necessary, though). I don't think if you had said "No" when asked if you had Elem-Attack-J the game would have given it to you, I'm pretty sure you'll have to get your GFs to learn it.

#7 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan said:
To someone who has never played Final Fantasy 8 your title/post will be as confusing as the mechanics of FF8 themself. Oh snap! For real though the game is piss poor at telling you how to play it.
I thought it was a a new mental disease.
#8 Posted by squimpify (7 posts) -

If I remember correctly that is the part where you fight oil monsters so they tell you that junctioning fire magic to attack would be a good idea. (they are right for once)
 One of the GFs you own can learn it, maybe Ifrit. Can't really remember sorry.  

But by this point you should have Squall's attack stat boosted so much that he can one-hit kill everything anyway. I think you use Tents to get 10 Curagas early on and he becomes a god for the early to mid game. 

Man, I want to go play this now.... stupid revision.

#9 Edited by Otogi (272 posts) -
@lavaman77 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I thought it was a a new mental disease.
 And in other news, FFVIII being mined for DSM-V? It's less unlikely than you think! All this and sports, tonight at 11.
#10 Posted by HistoryInRust (6402 posts) -

Yo I Game-sharked my way through this game, and I still hated playing it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.