Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Something odd about this picture.

Avatar image for psychotic_ninja
    psychotic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By psychotic_ninja

Well I'm also playing Final Fantasy 8 for the PC. So I get to the part were Rinoa is in a coma, and Squall visits her in the infirmary, nothing out of the ordinary, so Squall enters the room she's in, and I look and I see something odd. Here's the picture so you can look at it before I tell you what I saw.

No Caption Provided
    don't see it yet? Well Try looking at the reflection off of the window. That's right, Rinoa isn't in the reflection at all, same with the items on the table sure Squall is blocking that but it's still not there in the reflection. You might be thinking "well it's not a reflection, it's a window showing you the other room, durrrrrrrr", well no, it's not because there's only one room, besides the doctor's office.

psychotic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By psychotic_ninja

Well I'm also playing Final Fantasy 8 for the PC. So I get to the part were Rinoa is in a coma, and Squall visits her in the infirmary, nothing out of the ordinary, so Squall enters the room she's in, and I look and I see something odd. Here's the picture so you can look at it before I tell you what I saw.

No Caption Provided
    don't see it yet? Well Try looking at the reflection off of the window. That's right, Rinoa isn't in the reflection at all, same with the items on the table sure Squall is blocking that but it's still not there in the reflection. You might be thinking "well it's not a reflection, it's a window showing you the other room, durrrrrrrr", well no, it's not because there's only one room, besides the doctor's office.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yo what the hell, you dont need 3 blog posts in the space of 5 minutes, just post one and say "Some random picture stuff" ffs dude.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's a pre-rendered background, and Rinoa isn't parrt of it.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

You realize this game is, like, old, right? Of course Rinoa and Squall won't be in the reflection, because that is just a little too fancy in terms of graphics for this time period of gaming. Why not complain that you can't see Squall's big ass gun sword hanging off his belt or something equally nit-picky?

psychotic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psychotic_ninja
    @The_A_Drain: Sorry for doing something different than how you would of done it, other than that thanks for the advice.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @psychotic_ninja:

It's not 'how I would have done it' it's forum rules dude, don't flood the place with lots of similar topics in a short space of time. Or if youre going to have lots of small blogs, dont attach them to the forums.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

This could mean she is a Japanese Vampire, which is the most interesting and eccentric race of vampire.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

knock off the spamming (not referring to OP)

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By KillaMaStA

Thats because its an old game. Its NOT a reflection. Its a flat picture on the wall to make it look like a mirror.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Meowayne

I feel like mentioning that Final Fantasy VIII did actually use reflections of characters in prerendered backgrounds later in the game.

"its teh old and prerendered duh" is not an argument; this is a design flaw that was overlooked. Worth a forum post, though? Not really.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Nasar7

Is this the first PSX game you play? When this game came out back in 1999 these were the most impressive visuals I'd ever seen. I never even noticed this, but now that you point it out it just makes the dated visuals all the more charming to me.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64

THEY ARE VAMPIRES!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.