Something odd about this picture.

Posted by psychotic_ninja (7 posts) -

Well I'm also playing Final Fantasy 8 for the PC. So I get to the part were Rinoa is in a coma, and Squall visits her in the infirmary, nothing out of the ordinary, so Squall enters the room she's in, and I look and I see something odd. Here's the picture so you can look at it before I tell you what I saw.

don't see it yet? Well Try looking at the reflection off of the window. That's right, Rinoa isn't in the reflection at all, same with the items on the table sure Squall is blocking that but it's still not there in the reflection. You might be thinking "well it's not a reflection, it's a window showing you the other room, durrrrrrrr", well no, it's not because there's only one room, besides the doctor's office.

#1 Posted by psychotic_ninja (7 posts) -

Well I'm also playing Final Fantasy 8 for the PC. So I get to the part were Rinoa is in a coma, and Squall visits her in the infirmary, nothing out of the ordinary, so Squall enters the room she's in, and I look and I see something odd. Here's the picture so you can look at it before I tell you what I saw.

don't see it yet? Well Try looking at the reflection off of the window. That's right, Rinoa isn't in the reflection at all, same with the items on the table sure Squall is blocking that but it's still not there in the reflection. You might be thinking "well it's not a reflection, it's a window showing you the other room, durrrrrrrr", well no, it's not because there's only one room, besides the doctor's office.

#2 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -

Yo what the hell, you dont need 3 blog posts in the space of 5 minutes, just post one and say "Some random picture stuff" ffs dude.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

It's a pre-rendered background, and Rinoa isn't parrt of it.

#4 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

You realize this game is, like, old, right? Of course Rinoa and Squall won't be in the reflection, because that is just a little too fancy in terms of graphics for this time period of gaming. Why not complain that you can't see Squall's big ass gun sword hanging off his belt or something equally nit-picky?

#5 Posted by psychotic_ninja (7 posts) -
@The_A_Drain: Sorry for doing something different than how you would of done it, other than that thanks for the advice.
#6 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@psychotic_ninja:

It's not 'how I would have done it' it's forum rules dude, don't flood the place with lots of similar topics in a short space of time. Or if youre going to have lots of small blogs, dont attach them to the forums.
#7 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

This could mean she is a Japanese Vampire, which is the most interesting and eccentric race of vampire.

#8 Posted by ROCKZ (21 posts) -
@The_A_Drain: This is his first day. I convinced him to join this wonderful site. Give him a break.
#9 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

knock off the spamming (not referring to OP)

#10 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

Thats because its an old game. Its NOT a reflection. Its a flat picture on the wall to make it look like a mirror.

#11 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I feel like mentioning that Final Fantasy VIII did actually use reflections of characters in prerendered backgrounds later in the game.

"its teh old and prerendered duh" is not an argument; this is a design flaw that was overlooked. Worth a forum post, though? Not really.

#12 Posted by Nasar7 (2728 posts) -

Is this the first PSX game you play? When this game came out back in 1999 these were the most impressive visuals I'd ever seen. I never even noticed this, but now that you point it out it just makes the dated visuals all the more charming to me.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19016 posts) -

THEY ARE VAMPIRES!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.