Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

Choppy Video from PSVita Livestream shows FFX HD footage.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By TepidShark

The following video was captured off of Sony Japan's Vita Livestream (Thanks to FinalFantasyDotNet), and shows a brief look at Final Fantasy X HD running on Vita (Footage of the actual game begins at about 0:45):

Apparently this is not just going to be an HD remastering, but they will also be updating the character models as well (That is apparently what the talk in the video was talking about). They are doing the same thing in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, with the version of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix that is in that collection, so it is not that surprising they would they would do it for Final Fantasy X as well.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So is this solid? Like, it's not just some sort of sick joke?

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they also re-record all the dialog and remove Tidus from the game completely.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Update here is a smoother video that is also in 720p:

Loading Video...

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hopefully they also re-record all the dialog and remove Tidus from the game completely.

That'll be the day when I actually beat Final Fantasy X.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The main theme from Final Fantasy X is amazing. This is really high on my I want to play right now list.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Everyone should agree not to buy FFX HD unless there is an option to turn off randomly triggered encounters.

We should all make this promise so Square Enix would get the message! Let's make it a Giant Bomb thing! It can maybe catch on to other sites..

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@egg said:

Everyone should agree not to buy FFX HD unless there is an option to turn off randomly triggered encounters.

We should all make this promise so Square Enix would get the message! Let's make it a Giant Bomb thing! It can maybe catch on to other sites..

No.

That video was a blurry mess. I saw some stills on Neogaf and we compared them to the original character models (both low-poly and high-poly) and the new models definitely seem to look better. I guess we'll see when they have something substantial to show. I'm crossing my fingers for E3.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egg said:

No.

I had assumed the remake was just canceled. What has it been two years since they announced it?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

Wow, so that is why they've been taking their good old time with this. I really wanna play this now. I wonder if they will do cross buy/play with it?

@egg said:

The game was structured around that system. Don't be silly, there are plenty of games that don't do the random encounter thing now days.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny I completely forgot they were still making that, but I will buy it for sure.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably using the high poly models they used in cutscenes in the original and just using them in-game.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff said:

SPOILERS Beat the game and Tidus WILL disappear.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@chrissedoff said:

I just ended up watching an LP of it honestly

oh my god the ending is SO DUMB

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, so that is why they've been taking their good old time with this. I really wanna play this now. I wonder if they will do cross buy/play with it?

@egg said:

The game was structured around that system. Don't be silly, there are plenty of games that don't do the random encounter thing now days.

I'm not trying to say that all games should be the same. I'm saying that games shouldn't arbitrarily have flaws implemented in them. By nature, a flaw = something that could be fixed or removed.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

By the time this comes out the Vita will be dead, and we will all be on hoverboards using our computer brains e.t.c

(2015)

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Awesome going to pick up a vita now, looking forward to going through it again in the winter months tucked up in bed, hoping for a FFXII one down the road aswell.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be interested in replaying this in a HD version (ish) on my Vita. I thought Square had forgotten about this to be honest lol
    10 had it's moments and the overall story is quite nice, but man... the voice acting and Tidus are a bit of a pain in the ass.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@egg said:

@tobbrobb said:

@egg: What why.

So the game will be good.

Oh so that's it. I thought you wanted to break a fundamental core of the game's balance and curve! Glad you are doing insane shit with the best of intentions!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@egg said:

@demoskinos said:

@egg said:

I'm not trying to say that all games should be the same. I'm saying that games shouldn't arbitrarily have flaws implemented in them. By nature, a flaw = something that could be fixed or removed.

By that definition, an inherent flaw is an oxymoron.

The game is structured around random encounters, you can't just snap your fingers and get rid of that and expect it to work exactly right.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egg said:

@demoskinos said:

@egg said:

By that definition, an inherent flaw is an oxymoron.

The game is structured around random encounters, you can't just snap your fingers and get rid of that and expect it to work exactly right.

Whatever is different can be addressed through rebalancing or through less flawed encounter systems.

At the very least it should be an option, is what I'm saying. Even if it messes up the balance, that's the player's problem, and I'm sure the player who chose to disable them doesn't mind at all, or felt it was worth it.

Previous FF titles/ports have autoplay option in battle, so why not something like that in the menu. Or something like the door indicators in FF7 which was activated using the select button. (iirc) So maybe select button would toggle encounters on/off.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"FFX"

Loading Video...

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I came here to look at the video. Point out that I am pumped and not read anyone's opinions on it. It's my favourite game of all time and I am going to spend thousands of hours in the HD one as I have spent in the original. Seeing how great the characters look has made my week (I'm still glad to see the game is on target to release in the next year or so). Doesn't matter what sony does with the PS4 or anything later this week - nothing can outclass this news in my mind.

Unless... they announced for the PS4 a prequel of this making playable the 1000 years between Sin's appearance and Tidus waking in Spira; or a side story of Jecht's journey with Braska and Auron.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GabrielCantor

@dixavd said:

I came here to look at the video. Point out that I am pumped and not read anyone's opinions on it. It's my favourite game of all time and I am going to spend thousands of hours in the HD one as I have spent in the original. Seeing how great the characters look has made my week (I'm still glad to see the game is on target to release in the next year or so). Doesn't matter what sony does with the PS4 or anything later this week - nothing can outclass this news in my mind.

Pretty much the same here, just glad that this thing is still happening. I've been wanting to play this again but figured I should just wait for the HD version to come out. I don't know if they've said anything about it, but I wonder if this is gonna be based on the international version with the Dark Aeons and stuff, like the KH one that's using Final Mix.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dixavd

@epidehl said:

@dixavd said:

Pretty much the same here, just glad that this thing is still happening. I've been wanting to play this again but figured I should just wait for the HD version to come out. I don't know if they've said anything about it, but I wonder if this is gonna be based on the international version with the Dark Aeons and stuff, like the KH one that's using Final Mix.

I pretty sure they will have all of the international stuff for it (they kind of have to - because there is no way they are going to different versions for different countries; and the fans who are in PAL regions simply won't buy it if they know it will have less content than the one they already have). Plus they are almost certainly going to add a few new things into it (likely to the minor extent that they did for Persona 4 Golden where most of the additions are cosmetic), especially since the Japanese market really pushes having "the" version of the game with all the extra things (which is why it isn't uncommon for big releases to be released twice there; the second with bonus content). And if they did add a couple new things, it would just seem silly to then not bother in putting in the international content.

As for the International content; since I am in the UK, I used the PAL version with the Dark Aeons in them. And if there is one thing I would like to see them focus on if they were to put in bonus non-cosmetic content, then I think a couple bosses or areas scaled to be between the levels of the normal end-game (e.g. the Arena) and the Dark Aeons since the jump between them is truly astronomical.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, they sure have spent a long time on this thing. Square really needs to start getting stuff out sooner. Their development times are getting worse and worse. Versus XIII, anyone?

Personally, couldn't care less about FFX. Never liked it much. However, we'll talk when they officially announce Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD for the US. I'm all over that noise. Then, hopefully that'll be followed by Kingdom Hearts 2.5...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.