Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

HD Remaster 2: Electric Boogaloo of FFX on PS4 confirmed

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2 Justin258  Online

What about XII?

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

The worst thing is, it will sell well, it was the first Final Fantasy for a lot of people so they will buy it again when it hits PS4. I'd much rather see them release a disc with Final Fantasy remakes of 1-6 on PS4, dont even need to be remastered, just the 3ds, psp and ds versions that launched a while back.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wampa1

As someone who never played it, I'm kind of hoping they do they same for Kingdom Hearts, releasing right at the end of the ps3's life cycle probably made sense as far as the amount of fans owning the console but I can't be bothered always plugging it back in to play remasters at times.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@believer258 said:

What about XII?

After playing XII this year, and really enjoying it, this is what comes to mind. Remaster with the Zodiac Edition content for my Vita please!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, why not? Most of the work was already done, and there are enough PS4 owners that either never had a PS3 or boxed up/got rid of their PS3 that this will probably sell pretty well. And the more copies this sells, the greater the chance of us getting a XII remaster.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, why not? Most of the work was already done, and there are enough PS4 owners that either never had a PS3 or boxed up/got rid of their PS3 that this will probably sell pretty well. And the more copies this sells, the greater the chance of us getting a XII remaster.

enabling delusional thought is not healthy

"If we buy enough lazy ports they'll give us the other lazy port we want", like this is what its come to? Have a little respect for yourself, SE treats its fans like bitches because they let them.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great game.

Rather ridiculous to me it's coming to PS4 though.......

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Does it make me "part of the problem" if I am totally ready to pay for this even though I have the PS3 one just to not have to use a PS3 to play it?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They should be doing this with the Kingdom Hearts remasters instead, but whatever.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

What about XII?

Finally, someone is asking the important questions.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

@friendlyphoenix: That's where your comment is wishwul thinking. Square-Enix enjoys massive succes on the mobile (iOS and Android) department yet they do not reinvest a single penny into new projects on PS4. They resorted to a money deal for the next Tomb Raider. If this marks anything, it's SE only increasing profit margins and pleasing stockholders by re-releasing titles. This PS4 rerelease means nothing for FFXII. Very low development costs, the assets and the game are already there. Port away!

The FFVII port is the steam port, very very low quality with a MIDI soundtrack.

Never forget they tried to outsource FF14 to chinese MMO-makers. Square Enix is as cheap as they come.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wish they would just release an entire FF collection at this point because why the fuck not...

They can leave XIII out though hahahahahah

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friendlyphoenix said:

"If we buy enough lazy ports they'll give us the other lazy port we want", like this is what its come to? Have a little respect for yourself, SE treats its fans like bitches because they let them.

That isn't coming from nowhere. Kitase has straight up said that them getting to make a XII HD is directly tied to how well X/X-2 does.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#15 Justin258  Online

@friendlyphoenix said:

Except it wasn't just a lazy port. Square Enix remastered all of the music, re-drew a lot of the textures, and made the UI far more pleasing to look at. All you have to do is watch the Quick Look to see that. I'm not saying that Square Enix hasn't been guilty of lazy cash grabs before, but one of those FFX HD was not.

@believer258 said:

What about XII?

After playing XII this year, and really enjoying it, this is what comes to mind. Remaster with the Zodiac Edition content for my Vita please!

@hollitz said:

@believer258 said:

What about XII?

Finally, someone is asking the important questions.

Ah! So there are others with sensible tastes! If there's any PS2 game left that I'd like to see get an HD remaster, it's Final Fantasy XII. That game just looks so goddamn fantastic, even today.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friendlyphoenix said:

Not saying you're completely wrong, but I'm fairly certain that a lot of the Kingdom Hearts 1 HD rerelease for 1.5 had to rebuilt from the ground up by the team, due to plenty of missing assets. And the Type 0 HD rerelease seems to have had a lot of effort put into as well.

Rereleasing FFX on the PS4 is a bit of a cheap move though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What I found most interesting about that entire article, is that FF VII is going to cost £12.99 ($19.99). Are you fucking kidding me. It was $4.99 on PS3. You want us to pay you $20 for the same game with no work done to it what so ever? Are they fucking mad?

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630: I feel this way and I bought the game 2 days ago before I heard this news...

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By mason20

Why? why, would people buy this if they just bought this less than a year or so ago? I know I'll sound like the odd one out but if I Ever wanted to play this game or FFX-2 again it takes less then a minute or so to hook up the original PS2 with a game I bought years ago? And, yes @sterling you are completely right about the fact that they constantly jack the price up for every release. Why not just spend the minute or so and hook up the original which'll probably work just as well?

Why would anyone purchase this considering the backlash this company just had less than a week ago when they constantly dangle FF7 like they did and just release the Steam version?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.