This gets me interested

#1 Posted by me3639 (1790 posts) -

I've never played one second of a FF game, but after watching this video i may be willing to go down the rabbit hole and find out what the hell.

#2 Posted by Joey_Connell (56 posts) -

Any game can be made to look good in a 5 minute amv. Saying that Final Fantasy X is my favourite game of all time and you should definitely give it a go but maybe wait for the hd version they announced.

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5629 posts) -

I can tell you what's going on in that video if you'd like. Well, the 'twist'. I would say it is among my favourite final fantasy games.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3545 posts) -

If you like that video you will enjoy Final Fantasy X.

#5 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

It's a damn good game. Voice acting is shitty, and the battles are pretty damn easy, but it's still a game I gladly put 115 hours into.

#6 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Play it. It is one of the best Final Fantasies.

#7 Posted by Twinsun (481 posts) -

Love that game, don't listen to the sourpusses

#8 Posted by DiscoGobbo (35 posts) -

I wouldn't call it my favorite FF, or even put it in a top 5 list, but it's still a great game. It's definitely the weirdest Final Fantasy game and a PS2 classic.

#9 Posted by Fallen189 (5033 posts) -

Ride ze Shoopuf?

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

FF X is good, but god is Tidus annoying as hell. It has a really great combat system.

#11 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

It's my favorite FF game, but I haven't played them all. Since the HD version won't be out for quite a while, I'd say play it. Play it NOW!

#12 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

It's an awesome game. There are things you can complain about, for sure, but the game as a whole is one of the best FFs.

#13 Posted by jonny_mung (90 posts) -

@Fallen189 said:

Ride ze Shoopuf?

This. Some of the weirdest moments in that game are just unforgettably great.

And yes.. it's worth a shot. Really good game, even with some of the poor voice-acting.

I will definitely be picking up the HD version when it drops.

#14 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

forgot how cool sin is. i'll play this for the fourth or so time.. why not.

#15 Posted by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

I understand the irony of the scene, but HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA makes me want to shove Q-Tips in my ears. And eyes. And soul.

However, if the HD remake contains the PAL version, with the millions of extra bosses, and new skill grid thing, I will totally get it.

#16 Posted by Dixavd (1359 posts) -

Final Fantasy X is amazing, but I would suggest you wait for the HD release (unless you have access to a PAL/International copy) because the Advanced Sphere Grid and extra bosses are definitely worth an extra wait for.

#17 Posted by Snuggles (20 posts) -

Contender for my favorite game of all time. Definitely should try it if you haven't.

#18 Posted by Joey_Connell (56 posts) -

I never knew there was a version without the advanced sphere grid or the extra bosses. That makes me even more sure you should wait for the hd version. If you've never played any final fantasy mabye try 12 or 13, there both amazing games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.