Clock Puzzles getting on your nerves? WELL NO LONGER!

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

http://uploading.com/files/d7ac26b8/Clock.zip/

A user over at Gamefaqs made this handy dandy app to solve the clock puzzles in FFXIII-2. I've downloaded it and tried it and it works like a charm. Much easier than trying to spend 20 minutes figuring out some of those harder clock puzzles.

#2 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Man, I am not going to lie by the time I discovered the app I was basically done with all the clock puzzles :\ 

Worst part of the game imo, it's not even that they are poorly designed (I have a friend who is just breezing through them), I am just bad with numbers.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@Zenaxzd: Yeah, by far the worst part. I actually don't mind the other two types of puzzles. The clock stuff is just mind numbing.

#4 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

Luckily, I'm done with the clock puzzles. They can be pretty infuriating, especially when they change each time you fail. I wanted to strangle Mog everytime she goes "I'm here for you in spirit! I'm here if you need me! Think outside the box kupo!"

#5 Posted by Turambar (6713 posts) -

Clock puzzles were actually my favorite, sans the ones that has the numbers changed with each failure and you have a time limit.  Those can go fuck themselves.  Hated the more complex crystal linking ones though.  So stressful.

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

This shall be useful whenever I get a chance on playing XIII-2.

#7 Posted by Loopah (133 posts) -

Oh man, I love the puzzles! The time clock ones do get a little tedious when they get up to have 12-14 different numbers on the clock, but it gives you an accomplished feeling by getting through them all. Man, those final ones in Oerba were pretty intense.

#8 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I'm already done with all of them... ._.

However, there was only one that really got me stuck for about 20 mins, but I am telling myself only because it was already 3am... :D

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

Dear god... I'm in Oerba AF400 now. These puzzles JUST. KEEP. COMING. >_< These clock puzzles really are the worst part of the game.

#10 Posted by hollitz (1496 posts) -

I really enjoyed these puzzles, even when I wasn't enjoying them, if that makes any sense.

#11 Posted by Gilsham (293 posts) -

I just copied them down in paint and solved them there, there is also a webpage solver http://clockpuzzle.pl/

#12 Posted by Flappy (2188 posts) -

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, folks. I just got to the last batch of Clock puzzles and I'm not a huge fan. The smaller ones are fine, but once they start throwing 6s at me, it takes forever.

#13 Posted by brehonia (51 posts) -

People who didn't have a problem with these, do you have some kind of strategy for working it out or are you just patient enough to bang against it until something works?

It's ok when there are like 6 numbers but I'm in Oerba 300AF now and it's giving me huge, random, time-limited ones that are absolutely not solvable by humans. It's ridiculous. You can pause it and map it out on paper, but if they wanted you to do that and cheat around the time limit, why have the time limit? You can pick random numbers until it works, but that's a total waste of time, why even have the game at that point?

Unless there's some simple strategy or algorithm that I'm missing, there is no way to make this not tedious. And of course it's not optional! Probably the worst damn thing in the entire game. Fire a designer for this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.