Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

FFXIII-2 Famitsu Review

• 73 results
    plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By plaintomato

They gave XIII a 39/40...which was about a 7/10 in my book, so I'm not impressed. That's just what Famitsu does. I think Skyrim was the first non-Japanese game they ever gave a perfect score to...and it isn't a 10/10 either. In other words, that's nice, but Famitsu has no legitimacy.

Either XIII-2 will be a lot more different from XIII than what I've seen so far suggests, or it will suck. And this is coming from someone, me, who would give a 10/10 to X and XII.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By tebbit

@Hailinel said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

Do not believe Hailinel's lies.

Oh, fuck. I'm going to be killed by a guy with a lot of tattoos and a bad memory, aren't I?

He is the one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The lowest score Famitsu hands out to Japanese developed games is 35/40. The business practices of that magazine are so shady I would not be surprised to hear they're involved with organized crime.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By theoldhouse

might have to finish 13 then.

Going to have to wait for some western opinions too though.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By tebbit

@Aus_azn said:

@MikkaQ said:

Famitsu ratings don't mean anything anymore, they've been around since 1986 and they've given 18 perfect, 12 of them happened since 2008. Three of them happened this year. They're giving those out like candy. They also gave out 7 39\40s this year alone. They're pretty much known as a marketing magazine at this point.

I've thought the same thing. I'm presuming that they just take bribes from big-name developers now.

While that does sound nice, I defy you to say that Skyrim, MGS4, Skyward Sword etc etc didn't deserve those scores. The only questionable game in there (IMO) is Final Fantasy XIII-2, the one game (aside from 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de) that I haven't played.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Hailinel: Sure. But the mechanics and even the meeting point of time are uncannily similar to Radiant Historia's and that game wasn't really that similar to Chrono Triggger.. besides the general idea of travelling through time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I wasn't the biggest fan of 13, but it was good enough for me to give it a second chance.

Acoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Acoustic

@Commisar123 said:

Anyone know what they gave XIII? I would need to know that before I judged the review.

That got a 10/10/10/9 - 39 points. So yeah, it was highly praised over there.

tehMorag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tehMorag

The first game was a new experience truly... Yes, it was you running down a hallway for more then half the game. But I really did enjoy how you had to mix up combat... Now, lets make it so we can tell characters where to go! haha

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By LiquidPrince

FFXIII is one of my favorite games, and I already have collectors edition for XIII-2 pre-ordered so I'm stoked.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clstirens

FFXIII got a 39 from famitsu. I don't trust famitsu much.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
    deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While in the past I would have bought every single Final Fantasy game with no questions asked, I will wait to see more information on this one. I never actually finished playing XIII (think I'm standing in front of the last boss). Most of the time I was actually really yawning and while I can see some good in this game, the idea of a system that plays the battles without you needing to do anything more than pressing "Auto-battle" and changing roles every now and then bores me like nothing does.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Addfwyn

I have to say, while I haven't quite completed everything in it (I have a thesis to finish) I dropped a lot of time in FFXIII-2 already and I can say it's both my GOTY and the review scores are really well deserved.

If you liked FFXIII, it has a lot of the core elements that made XIII enjoyable. If you disliked FFXIII, it addressed a lot of those concerns, depending what they were. It fixed a lot of linearity issues, pacing issues, as well as opening up more explorations (towns and dungeons that aren't straight lines).

I'm holding off on writing a full review until I finish the game totally, but it's actually really really well done.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By zombie2011

I liked FF13 i got to the last chapter then stopped playing, i'll finish it up later. But this looks terrible, not really the game-play but the characters Lightnings sister was annoying in the small sections of 13 she was in, a whole game with her as the protagonist seems unbearable to me.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By kashif1

@Addfwyn: How does it stand up on its own?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Addfwyn

@kashif1: If you haven't played FFXIII? It'll hold up by itself, though there are a lot of characters and references to the first game, and it assumes some degree of knowledge with the world. I'd recommend having played some degree of FFXIII, though if you want to just read up on the story on a wiki that'd most likely be sufficient.

It's sorta like FFX-2 to FFX, you can play it but there may be some confusing bits, especially as the story is centric to some FFXIII characters. You should be able to get by though.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TentPole
    Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Nekroskop

Unless it's the second coming of Christ of videogames, I'm never playing another FF-game again.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Addfwyn

@ahaisthisourchance: I mean...that's your call and all, but why? Or did you just never like the series to begin with? Seems kind of silly to ignore an excellent game because of the name on it.

StitchJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By StitchJones

Famitsu is controlled by the game companies, much like IGN gives good reviews based on the money donated to them here in the states. It's a sham.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Nekroskop

Famitsu is generally not a credible source. They've proven this time and time again.

I really do hope SE actually improved the game since the last installment though.

Greeny83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Greeny83

@Boiglenoight said:

I could go for another Final Fantasy that focuses on the Light Warriors, with modern western RPG conventions. Imagine Knight, White Mage, Black Mage, and Kung Fu guy running around in an open world, faced with the task of finding the 4 Light Crystals with little clue as to where they are. Meanwhile, they've got an overflowing cornucopia of side quests and other people's problems to solve with a combat system reminiscent of Final Fantasy 12.

OH GOD YES.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By Dagbiker

Famitsu would give a peace of crap nothing less then a 35

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.