Final Fantasy XIII-2 Is A Real Video Game By Square Enix

#201 Posted by xyzygy (9980 posts) -
@Deeveeus said:
" @HadesTimes said:
" I guess 13 was more successful than most people thought. What ever happened to Final Fantasy versus 13? Or is this instead of that?  Or are they BOTH coming out? This is all rather strange, doesn't this strike anyone else as strange? "
I think that it sold well enough to make a game on the same engine quickly...which is FAR cheaper I would imagine. Perhaps they fix some of the wrongs with this one? (The battles system was great, weapons...not so much, linearity sucked too) "
It sold over 5 million. That's amazing for an RPG in this day and age.
#202 Posted by SpacePenguin (478 posts) -

ah man not this "...- 2" crap again

#203 Posted by oraknabo (1459 posts) -

Where's my XII-2?

#204 Posted by Puck (50 posts) -

Did she just kill a chicken in that first picture?

#205 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -
@oraknabo said:
" Where's my XII-2? "
It's called Revenant Wings and it's actually better than the original game.
#206 Posted by Hailinel (24708 posts) -
@Axersia said:
" @oraknabo said:
" Where's my XII-2? "
It's called Revenant Wings and it's actually better than the original game. "
The title is correct, but I disagree with your assumption as to its quality.  But then I've never played an RTS game that I could actually enjoy.
#207 Posted by knightlyknave (118 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
It sold over 5 million. That's amazing for an RPG in this day and age. "
I heard it sold almost twice as many as Dragon Age . . . and I'm thoroughly depressed by that.
#208 Posted by xyzygy (9980 posts) -
@knightlyknave said:
" @xyzygy said:
It sold over 5 million. That's amazing for an RPG in this day and age. "
I heard it sold almost twice as many as Dragon Age . . . and I'm thoroughly depressed by that. "
If Dragon Age is Bioware's best selling game, then I am disappoint. Bioware deserves more sales than that.
#209 Edited by Addfwyn (1922 posts) -
@knightlyknave: wasn't quite twice as many, FFXIII sold a couple million more copies.  Though their overall reviews were pretty similar (the PC version of DA reviewed slightly better, but the console versions were about on par with FFXIII).  XIII actually was quite a critical and commercial success, just not to the extent that some past FF games have been.   FFXIII was actually the fastest selling Final Fantasy game, though not the highest-selling, so expecting a sequel is not surprising at all.  Heck, even FFX-2 outsold DA, so it's quite commercially viable for Square to do this.

I actually find it quite encouraging.   

@xyzygy:

I'd guess it's probably ME, but I don't have the numbers in front of me.  
#210 Edited by xyzygy (9980 posts) -
@Addfwyn: I actually think it's DA. I remember reading about how it was the best sellling. Here, it's not the same article but it'll do. I believe Mass Effect 1 and 2 sales are both in the same range as each other which is good.
#211 Posted by ThatThomClancy (10 posts) -

i don't even...

#212 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

FUCK YES!!!!!! I loved FFXIII, so excited for this!!!

#213 Posted by Arkasai (701 posts) -

Wasn't there a FF13 VS game in development?

#214 Posted by Addfwyn (1922 posts) -
@Arkasai: still is, a big trailer was just released for it as well.
#215 Posted by ninjadude853 (44 posts) -

I still have to finish XIII, i think i had just made it to pulse

#216 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -

Its amazing how many idiots are dissing this game because they didin't like the first. Do you not realise that the sequel will go out to improve the game and make it better? Jesus chirst.

#217 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -
@IronScimitar said:
"

*facepalm*

Meanwhile, Parasite Eve and Kingdom Hearts remain forgotten for the 360/PS3.

"
So? KH is being milked like fuck on the handhelds....a console version would be overload. I think it's only right after KH3ds that there isn't a KH game for a while.
#218 Posted by cryptic_code (89 posts) -

Not sure how I feel about this.

#219 Posted by Grem (3 posts) -

Wonder if there is gonna be a reward for people who completed XIII

#220 Posted by aacx97 (52 posts) -

Lotta hate for FFXIII, but its still one of the only JRPGs I actually finished this gen. Actually I think the only other one was Eternal Sonata, and that was pretty short.

#221 Posted by ezdude (394 posts) -

I hope they learn from their mistakes and keep the good things from the first game, the little parts there are. 

#222 Posted by Artisan88 (43 posts) -

I've lost faith in Final Fantasy :( So I appreciate the pretty trailer, but my interest in the game is as threadbare as Lightning's bikini armor (although.... schhaaWING!).

#223 Posted by LiquidPrince (15942 posts) -

So stoked. FFXIII was my favorite FF ever.

#224 Posted by InKtOiD (100 posts) -

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe...MAYBE they'll actually make this the type of game that 13 should have been.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.