Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

My god. Is there no option to adjust the music?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bwheeeler

Looked through the settings menu in-game and I couldn't see anything. This music is atrocious and very, very loud. Usually I don't pay much attention to music in games, but this shit is actively terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure what it says about the music overall that it seems to shift from "Oh this is pretty good and catchy" to "OH GOD THIS JAPANESE DEATH METAL IS MAKING MY EARS BLEED."

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

I am actually looking forward to that death metal chocobo theme for how utterly stupid it sounded.  It's been all nice catchy traditional chocobo music so far.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

I love the music! Got my 4-CD OST of the soundtrack with my Collectors Edition! =)

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Flappy

@Demoskinos said:

I love the music! Got my 4-CD OST of the soundtrack with my Collectors Edition! =)

This. Maybe we've become numb to what's plaguing the others in this thread?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By musubi

@Flappy: Yeah, I dunno. I mean sure... deathmetal doesn't fit with Final Fantasy but thats why i find it so entertaining because it sounds like something straight out of Devil May Cry. Which I've never heard as many complaints about the music in the DMC games as I've heard about these few metal tracks in FFXIII-2. =\

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aegon

WRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUWA-A-A-A-A-A-A etc.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TobbRobb

@Flappy: @Demoskinos: It's partly because of the sudden shift, seriously listen to some of the older games soundtracks, its nothing like this. But I think it's mostly a question of who plays what, a FF fan won't necessarily like DMC.

I don't mind that kind of music, though I can't say I like it. If it fits the game "like DMC" I don't care.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By McGhee

I really like the theme with the vocals in FF13. Fun stuff when searching for the baby chocobo, but that metal version . . . man.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

@Turambar said:

I am actually looking forward to that death metal chocobo theme for how utterly stupid it sounded. It's been all nice catchy traditional chocobo music so far.

Find a red chocobo and just try to ride that fucker.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bwheeeler

Alright, here's the song I was thinking of when I brought this up. Played nonstop the first little portion of the game that I've played, and it made me hate whoever decided to PUMP THIS FUCKING SONG AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE NEVER STOP DANCING

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

From what I've heard of the demo the music is awesome... it sounds like lightly layered electro-synth. Especially the fight with Atlas, I just love it.

The town music was great too, but the generic battle theme hasn't clicked with me yet. Granted, I didn't like the XIII battle music either until a large section through the game. I've looked up a lot of other songs and while it does definitely have it's duds I think it's not as bad as people are making it out to be on the internet. It is the internet after all.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Phatmac

You know a Final Fantasy game sucks when the music isn't even that good.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Flappy

@bwheeeler said:

Alright, here's the song I was thinking of when I brought this up. Played nonstop the first little portion of the game that I've played, and it made me hate whoever decided to PUMP THIS FUCKING SONG AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE NEVER STOP DANCING

Hilariously enough, I actually like this song. It'd be one thing if it was filled with nonsensical screamo or whatever, but this is pretty nice. Different strokes for different folks, eh?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The music so far has been pretty good, not as good as 13 though.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By 71Ranchero

@bwheeeler said:

Sounds fine to me. Actually as far as music in videogames, that aint so bad.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Flappy
    Yeah, I am a fan of that song as well, the Sunleth theme I am not too hot on, though. Though this might be because I really loved the old Sunleth theme, probably one of my favorite songs on the track. 

Even the vocals, thought they fit everything pretty well.
    Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Daouzin

@bwheeeler said:

Crazy, this song rocks. I'm pretty sure this is the reason I ended up playing the game for like 3 hours straight when I originally intended 90 minutes tops.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.