New FFXIII-2 trailer shows a returning character.

#1 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

The new trailer is actually kinda cool (despite the bad voices) so you should watch the whole thing if you're excited for the game. Shows a few neat things about gameplay, like how Serah handles Launched enemies, but if you want to see Hope's Airwing in action skip to 2:10. Yes. Hope will be in FFXIII-2.  

PLEASE LET HIM BE OLDER AND MORE MATURE AND NOT A WHINY BITCH. 

That is all.
#2 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

weekenders voice actor  holy shit!

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

The game is looking great. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Serah looks even more awesome in this game.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
The game is looking great. I can't wait to get my hands on it! Serah looks even more awesome in this game.
Yeah Serah's "Morphing Moogle Weapon" thingy looks like she will be a really fun character in the game.
#5 Edited by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@DAFTPUNK said:

holy crap I can't believe i didn't catch that.

@xyzygy said:

@natetodamax said:

Yeah Serah's "Morphing Moogle Weapon" thingy looks like she will be a really fun character in the game.

Pfft thats not SERAH!...it's Catherine. Shh.. don't tell Snow..
#6 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

A bit excited for this game but if they killed off Hope I wouldn't really mind...or at least make him less whiny like the op said.

#7 Posted by Yamoto (111 posts) -

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

#8 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

The game play is looking great, but holy hell was that dialog bad.

#9 Posted by Marcsman (3198 posts) -

Hooray they are bringing back the absolute worst character in Final's history. 
Hope was the worst even more awful than Cait Sith. 
God this series has become a joke.
#10 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -
#11 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
#12 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Marcsman said:
Hooray they are bringing back the absolute worst character in Final's history. Hope was the worst even more awful than Cait Sith.
If they tableflipped his character development and bring back Yun Fang, then this game will most definitely be better than the original.
#13 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

I don't think hope will be as bad as he was, square may be stupid but they're not that stupid.

#14 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -
#15 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Tebbit: Alright, I'm going back in as soon as I'm done with Deus Ex.

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -
@Catolf
@DAFTPUNK said:

@xyzygy said:

@natetodamax said:

Actually, it's Rise Kujikawa.
#17 Posted by Addfwyn (1925 posts) -

Looks awesome to me, while I'd love to see Vanille make a return appearance, that's not really happening. Would like to see more Serah and Snow's team

#18 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
@Catolf
@DAFTPUNK said:

@xyzygy said:

@natetodamax said:

Pfft it's Shin Shan.
#19 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

@Catolf said:

@natetodamax said:
@Catolf
@DAFTPUNK said:

weekenders voice actor holy shit!

@xyzygy said:

@natetodamax said:

Pfft it's Shin Shan.

And Chun Li

#20 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -
@Tebbit said:

@Afroman269 said:

@Tebbit said:

My impression of Hope:

"NYEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH".

Please don't let this happen again.

Wait is she...?! If want I'm thinking is true, I'll probably get back to playing 13 ASAP!

Trust me, it's worth it!

#21 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -
@Aus_azn said:
@Tebbit said:

@Afroman269 said:

@Tebbit said:

My impression of Hope:

"NYEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH".

Please don't let this happen again.

Wait is she...?! If want I'm thinking is true, I'll probably get back to playing 13 ASAP!

Trust me, it's worth it!

If SE REALLY is trying to make a game that brings the best from XIII and mixes it with new, GOOD ideas,  

If they can kill off Snow, they can do the above... right?!
#22 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I didn't mind Hope.

Not a fan of the costume design based on what I have seen so far. Still, that Kupo-bow/whatever-else-it-was-didn't-matter-to-me is pretty sweet.

#23 Posted by Aetheldod (3586 posts) -

Hope????? NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOoOOO >:(

#24 Posted by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

To bring this thread back, I'm not sure if anyone seen the new trailer or not, so I'll post it here.

Essentially... SNOW IS BACK. Weird. But, he kind of looks badass. Also, Hope is featured in the trailer.

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I want to strangle these characters every time they open their god damn mouthes.

#26 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think its charming how they make no effort at all to lip synch.

#27 Edited by xyzygy (9996 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

I think its charming how they make no effort at all to lip synch.

For the majority of the video there was absolutely zero connect between the words spoken and the lip syncing but I did notice there was some near the very end of the video. But still it makes you wonder why...

On another note after going back and watching it again I just found out that the voice actor for Lightning also does Liara from ME.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.