Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

The Last Boss

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Personally I did this fight with like 100k unspent Crystarium points and it was awesome, granted it took like 35 minutes and if I screwed up once I was probably dead but it was pretty intense and exciting the whole time. Great fight with that amazing battle system. The penultimate fight is actually more difficult when underpowered but it also only takes like 5 or 6 minutes so it's not quite the same level of absurdity. One thing that both XIII and 2 do is let you level whenever you want to and that basically negates a major issue with JRPGs where you can unintentionally overlevel and trivialize the rest of the game; but for this you can take it at your own pace and just store up an absurd number of crystarium points along the way. I realize Dark Souls 2 is on the horizon and that should be what I'm focused on but now I'm sort of interested to see where the sequel goes, Lightning's monotonous personality aside.

Only 105ish fragments left to collect!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I forget.... the final boss was Bahamut wasn't it? I haven't touched XIII-2 since launch.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Triple Bahamut on like a Final Fantasy VII summon platform, if you don't have enough damage you have to kill the additional Bahamuts like 5 or 6 times which gets to be fairly amusing.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

if you don't have enough damage you have to kill the additional Bahamuts like 5 or 6 times which gets to be fairly amusing.

More like repetitive. I'd maxed out some of the Crystarium, and it still took me, like, 90 minutes to get through that fucking fight.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave said:

if you don't have enough damage you have to kill the additional Bahamuts like 5 or 6 times which gets to be fairly amusing.

More like repetitive. I'd maxed out some of the Crystarium, and it still took me, like, 90 minutes to get through that fucking fight.

You just gotta have the right pokemans with you and build them up the proper way. I think mine by the end consisted a lot of the colored chocobos as they are amazing if you build them properly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@demoskinos:

That probably explains it. I never really bothered with the monster part.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos:

That probably explains it. I never really bothered with the monster part.

Yeah, that part is fairly crucial actually. Feeding them the right drops in the right order maximizes potential.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh god, that was a pain to get through.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Petiew

The penultimate fight is actually more difficult when underpowered but it also only takes like 5 or 6 minutes so it's not quite the same level of absurdity.

Boss fights against regular dudes who slowly walk around are always the best boss fights.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should also fight some of the secret bosses like Gaeseric, Raspatil and Yomi. Now those are tough fights!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also didn't grind beforehand so it was an intense fight. It's certainly up there as one of my favorite FF boss fight

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes i remember the final boss. 13-2 was an alright game you guys.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By bigjeffrey

i forgot about this boss, also lighting sucks

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: I don't think she sucks she's just boring. Hope was terrible in XIII but okay in 2 and I like the rest of the cast.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i forgot about this boss, also lighting sucks

No Caption Provided

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Dixavd

I think I beat this boss in under 3 minutess. The Red Dragon never got to do anything, poor thing. (I still don't know what he could have done anyway).

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By NMC2008

I feel like I am one of few on the two forums I visit whom likes almost everything about FFXIII & XIII-2, the only thing I hated about XIII was not being auto unequipped when they throw you from character to character unexpectedly, Snow had my Maxed Power Wristband for a long ass time and I could have used it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy

@demoskinos said:

@video_game_king said:

@fredchuckdave said:

You just gotta have the right pokemans with you and build them up the proper way. I think mine by the end consisted a lot of the colored chocobos as they are amazing if you build them properly.

If I'm not mistaken the colored Chocobos (there are a lot of them) are the best monsters in the game. It's been a while since I last played but I remember doing a lot of grinding to get my hands on and maxing out my super awesome Chocobos.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@demoskinos said:

@video_game_king said:

@fredchuckdave said:

If I'm not mistaken the colored Chocobos (there are a lot of them) are the best monsters in the game. It's been a while since I last played but I remember doing a lot of grinding to get my hands on and maxing out my super awesome Chocobos.

Yeah, Im pretty sure they are up there if not the best. I know I used the Gold and Blue ones a lot. I also remember using the Flan creature that had the helmet with the siren on it. That thing was a great medic.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I powered up to be able to defeat the optional super-powerful bosses, so I beat the final boss in the minimum amount of time one could possibly beat it in.

Funny story, I was frantically trying to beat the game as fast as possible because my rental was up within the hour, so I barely remember the fight other than desperately beating him around like a rag doll.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It was pretty cool. It didn't take long to complete during my first run-through, but some of those secret bosses (Hello Yomi!) can be a bitch if you don't have the right monster setup.

It feels nice that you can become so absurdly powerful that you can run through the final set of bosses in less than five minutes.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@demoskinos said:

@video_game_king said:

@fredchuckdave said:

Yeah, Im pretty sure they are up there if not the best. I know I used the Gold and Blue ones a lot. I also remember using the Flan creature that had the helmet with the siren on it. That thing was a great medic.

I'm pretty sure that the colors correspond to their roles. Red are good commandos (but golds are better), blues are good rav, greens are good med, etc. I think silver is good sentinel, purple is good sab and black is good syn? something like that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@demoskinos said:

@xyzygy said:

@demoskinos said:

@video_game_king said:

@fredchuckdave said:

I'm pretty sure that the colors correspond to their roles. Red are good commandos (but golds are better), blues are good rav, greens are good med, etc. I think silver is good sentinel, purple is good sab and black is good syn? something like that.

I do believe you are correct sir.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yomi put up a pretty good fight. Probably the only difficult battle in the game for me save for one of the Paradox ending Caius fights. I don't think I was maxed out yet and I trounced Ochu, the Long Gui, and the War machine guy, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard. I let the fight linger too much at the end when he's fully powered up and I ended up just sitting there trying to heal the damage. I ended up being like 3 minutes over the target time with 0 points and 0 stars haha. Good thing only the final battle rating matters in XIII-2.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are bragging about grinding, sad state of affairs.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was so satisfying getting five stars on that fight.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@petiew: You're pretty correct about that. One of the best boss fights in video games is the Dracula fight in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. For a boss that has used teleportation for all his regular form fights to suddenly start slowling walking towards you was the best.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: I don't think she sucks she's just boring. Hope was terrible in XIII but okay in 2 and I like the rest of the cast.

Her VO actress is the most boring thing ever, makes me want to fashion myself a noose everytime she talks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.