Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

1up Cross-Platform Test

Deadend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Deadend

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9022412

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kiemoe

Thanks for the post. The differences can get pretty noticeable at times

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Burns098356GX

I like how they do a side-by-side comparison......using COMPRESSED VIDEO. Makes me wonder if the writer knows what the fuck there trying to talk about.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I honestly can't see a difference at all.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tiwi

this is spam. please add some commentary next time

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

only thing i noticed was that there was more visible smoke on the xbox 360 version?

Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Shinryu

The PS3 Version seems to look slightly better. Although it's nothing that noticeable.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zombie2011

DA GRAPHIX!! 

I heard this game is pretty shitty from some people, they said its not really a RPG and there is no exploration. I've never played a FF game so i'm not sure if this is the norm. Can someone fill me in i figured i'd just hijack this thread seeing it's not going anywhere.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By teptom
    @tiwi: This is something MB wrote on Dalai's blog about the Mega Man 10 commercial. 

It's almost never considered YouTube spam if the video is about an actual game, and it's in the right forum. YouTube spam is more like, "Oh hey guys look at this funny cat video I found lol."    

Deadend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Deadend
    @tiwi said:
    " this is spam. please add some commentary next time "
    I feel no need to spout useless drivel and opinion on everything.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Deadend said:
    " @tiwi said:
    I feel no need to spout useless drivel and opinion on everything. "
    The TOS says you can't just post videos without saying something.  tiwi is right. 
    Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tiwi
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Deadend said:
    " @tiwi said:
    The TOS says you can't just post videos without saying something.  tiwi is right.  "
    one sentence would suffice. like 
    "while surfing on 1up i noticed they had a comparison vid up. thought you guys might like it."
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By spankingaddict

its pretty even...

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Andorski

The video is pretty useless.  Here is Jeremy Parish's blog post about the differences between the two versions.   

My biggest concern going into the 360 version was that it would suffer from technical defects that would affect its playability, as in the PS3 version of Bayonetta. When a game sputters and chugs, as so often happens with cross-platform ports, it ceases to be fun. And the nice thing about FFXIII on 360 is that its combat is every bit as smooth as on PS3. Everything flows the same, the feedback is just as responsive, and all in all battles play out just as well as on PlayStation 3.

Until last night, though, I hadn't yet seen the 360 version outside of combat and exploration (well, "exploration"). And that's where the real problems begin. Once you see a cutscene, any doubt is instantly erased: The PS3 version is by far the better-looking rendition of FFXIII. I don't mind that the 360 version is a little softer around the edges and that its color is less saturated, because that's just how the system renders graphics. What does bother me is that what appear to be in-engine cutscenes on PS3 are streamed as video on 360, and they look (and sound) pretty bad. There are all kinds of compression artifacts, and the audio sounds hollow. It's still an impressive-looking game, no question, but when I went back from 360 to PS3 it was almost like someone had stripped a layer of grime off my TV. The PS3 version is just that much crisper and more colorful. Since Square had only showed off the good portion of the 360 version -- namely, its combat -- this drop in cutscene fidelity is a surprise, not to mention a disappointment.

To prevent his article from sounding like the dreck you usually see on N4G.com, he ends his post by saying:

That being said, my review score holds true for both versions of the game, because I make a habit of reviewing games, not technology. Unless tech issues affect gameplay, I really don't care; in this case, the overall experience is equal on both platforms.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Deadend said:
    " @tiwi said:
    The TOS says you can't just post videos without saying something.  tiwi is right.  "
    this sounds righter:
     @Shini4444 said:
    " @tiwi: This is something MB wrote on Dalai's blog about the Mega Man 10 commercial. 

It's almost never considered YouTube spam if the video is about an actual game, and it's in the right forum. YouTube spam is more like, "Oh hey guys look at this funny cat video I found lol."    

"
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By alternate
    @Burns098356GX said:
    " I like how they do a side-by-side comparison......using COMPRESSED VIDEO. Makes me wonder if the writer knows what the fuck there trying to talk about. "
    The writer will not be responsible for the video - it isn't like GB where everyone pitches in with all the jobs.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I've seen three comparison videos so far and still can't tell them apart. It would probably help if I could view it on my big screen television, but I'm going to go with the assumption that the difference isn't big enough for me to care.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.