Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

360 or PS3?

• 72 results
    Avatar image for hcgjadeheart123
    HCGJadeHeart123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HCGJadeHeart123

I've been on the fence about which version to get as well.  I'm leaning towards the PS3 side since most of the FF games were made for the playstation consoles....I suspect the graphics and the flow of the game will go better on the PS3....but I'm such an Xbox Fangirl and I like the xbox achievement system that a part of me still wants it for the xbox.   I guess we'll see once I get to Best Buy this weekend and reserve a copy......
    Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Number1

PS3

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Luke
    @ReaperOfLiving said:

" If you have Xbox 360 you get it on Xbox 360, if you have PS3 you get it on PS3 and if you have both you get it on PS3.  This has been discussed to many times... "

I have both consoles, but will probably be getting the 360 version.  The reason:  I have poorer than I family members, with only 360's, and I will let them borrow the game after I'm done with it.  

Like my girl friend's little brother... he doesn't really get that many games, but I can let him borrow mine, and all is gewd.  

So, I guess sometimes there are other reasons for not picking the mainstream choice.  Unselfish ones.  

EDIT:  And maybe if the game is like super amazing or something, then maybe I'll also just go out and buy it for PS3 as well... and play it through again, while someone is borrowing my 360 copy :) 
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By tomance

I'm not one to hunt for achievements and I can imagine the achievements in FFXIII will not be easy to get.  I got into the FF games on the PS1 and played them on Playstation consoles all my life so I feel I need to get it on the PS3.  I would choose the prettier graphics either way though.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#55  Edited By KillerFly

PS3 version.  I doubt there will be any huge differences, but since I have the choice, I'll go with the platform the game was made on instead of the port.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By trophyhunter

it's on one disc on the PS3 so the only reason anyone should ever pick the 360 one is because that's all they got.

Yotara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Yotara

360, since I don't own a PS3.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By MikkaQ

Why are we worrying about whether the xbox version is true 720p or not? 

The true issue is why the fuck in 2010 aren't all games running in 1080p?  

Anyway I'm still unsure whether to even get the game or not. Everyone's opinion seems mixed, and I've had trouble enjoying anything from Square since FFX. We'll see, I guess. But if anything I'd probably go for the xbox version because yo, achievements. Maybe if they made trophies less shit I'd actually care about earning them sometimes. But not caring is a bit liberating when I play PS3 sometimes haha.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gabriel
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Why are we worrying about whether the xbox version is true 720p or not?   The true issue is why the fuck in 2010 aren't all games running in 1080p?    Anyway I'm still unsure whether to even get the game or not. Everyone's opinion seems mixed, and I've had trouble enjoying anything from Square since FFX. We'll see, I guess. But if anything I'd probably go for the xbox version because yo, achievements. Maybe if they made trophies less shit I'd actually care about earning them sometimes. But not caring is a bit liberating when I play PS3 sometimes haha. "
    I don't think 1080p really matters that much, look at Uncharted 2 and GOW III.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Gabriel:  Yeah, UC2 looked mindblowing on my 720p TV, then I giddily ran my PS3 over to the 1080p one, and it really didn't look great. Artistically yeah, but things looked a little low-rez on it. If the TV is big enough, it can be annoying enough. 
    BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

If you plan on getting the game and have the choice the PS3 version will PROBABLY run smoother and on fewer discs if you must have achievements just rent the 360 version. I'm getting the PS3 version, don't get me wrong I like achievements but I don't HAVE to have them.  

Eversoranimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Eversoranimus

I'm still trying to decide ps3 or 360.  Maybe i should flip a coin? Unless someone knows the pros and cons for each version.

Avatar image for doctor_shephard
    Doctor_Shephard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Doctor_Shephard

This is one multi-plat where if you have the option either way I don't understand why anyone would not pick up the PS3 version. Its undeniably superior in terms of audio/visual stuff and it was lead platform PS3 to boot. Plus its Final Fantasy, I couldn't imagine playing any of the main numbered titles on anything but a Sony console. FFVII was why I got a Playstation and FFX was the reason I got a PS2. I'm disappointed it is even on 360, I'm a 360 fan for the most part but Final Fantasy doesn't belong there as much as Halo doesn't belong on PS3.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By uniform

I own both the XBox 360, and the PS3, but as far as I'm concerned, Final Fantasy doesn't belong on anything but a Nintendo console.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Steve_C

It appears a bit dodgy but a user at gaf seems to have - 'obtained' I suppose - FFXIII on the 360, and was posting stuff about it. Now he's been banned for it.

The specific page is here. It is 'proof' that the game is running at 576p natively though, and even the FMV might be too.

Tesla001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tesla001
    @Bahamutduo said:
    " What are you guys all going for? the Achievement Points or the prettier graphics?  I'm pretty sure that I'm going with the 360 version, but I'm just looking for more input. "
    ps3. stop making dumb topics. there's already like a dozen of these. both have achievements except 360 will die out first.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TwoOneFive

PS3. it was the only one anyone, including Game Informer, have had a chance to review. 

WaterLord0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WaterLord0

PS3 I don’t think I would enjoy playing Final Fantasy with any thing other than a playstaion controller.    

tumes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By tumes
    @EpicSteve said:

" Achievements. I would hate to go through a long game like that and not get anything out of it. No, I don't care about trophies. "

I don't detect irony, so I'm assuming your claim is that you don't get anything out of games except for points. Why not pay me to play games for you? Not trying to be a bitch though, I'm still sorta on the fence as far as which platform I'm gonna get it for an inversely motivated reason (I see points as more of a bonus than a reason).
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aus_azn

Achievables. I have no choice.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By Luke

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.