Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Anyone else dislike the localized class names?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Vorbis

Ive tried to like them but I just can't get over it. It's like they just looked at a bunch of western games and chose random class jobs. Commando, Saboteur and Medic all belong in a WW2 game. Ravager... while it makes sense it's just not right in the context, nothing to do with magic. Synergist and Sentinel make sense, got used to those. Every other class I just can't get used to the name.

Just a minor issue, still enjoying it alot but wondering if anyone else would prefer the typical white mage/green mage or healer etc.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I think the names are just fine. They don't really bother me at all.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Addfwyn

It's a bit weird after playing with the original names.  They weren't white magic or black mage in Japanese either, so it's not just a quality with the localization.  

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah it was Attacker, Blaster, Healer, Enhancer, Jammer and Defender originally.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Bones8677
    @Atomasist: At least that would have told me what they are. I'm having a hard time, but the paradigm concept was just introduced to me a couple of hours ago. I'll just have to get used to it.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora

I think they're fine. Maybe a bit out of place, but its entirely alright. FFXIII isn't entirely fantasy, its also an incorporation of futuristic sci-fi stuff.

Cristofyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Cristofyr

The bigger issue for me is are the names given to the Paradigm combinations themselves. I can't remember all the combinations given the wonky names they have (Tri-disaster? Bully?). It would have been much better if they let me customize the names so that I could quickly find the set I want in the Paradigms menu.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Cristofyr said:
    " The bigger issue for me is are the names given to the Paradigm combinations themselves. I can't remember all the combinations given the wonky names they have (Tri-disaster? Bully?). It would have been much better if they let me customize the names so that I could quickly find the set I want in the Paradigms menu. "
    I too wish you could customize the names, but I just sort of got used to it another way. I just always put the combos in the same spot, like my buff/debuff combo is always at the top, followed by a typical com/rav and such. Pretty annoying they don't let you name them but I guess if you can get used to it w/e.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.