Army of One

#1 Posted by xyzygy (10062 posts) -

Ok. This move is badass. But why on earth does it do such little damage? I'm wondering if the move is based off of my magic or not because I'm only hitting for like 1500 each hit. It's really really weak and it doesn't really help the chain gauge much. Anyone have any real use for this?

#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

This is Lightning's move right? I don't know what it's based on. Well basically based of Lightning's stats both magic and strength should be around the same. 

#3 Posted by CrazySunshine (38 posts) -

This and Last Resort are best used after they're already staggered. What it does is less about damage and more about maxing out the gauge.

If you're looking for pure damage, look at Sovereign Fist or Highwind.

#4 Posted by xyzygy (10062 posts) -
@CrazySunshine: Yeah, I have used Highwind before and it's awesome. Haven't used Sovereign Fist though.
#5 Posted by Turambar (6842 posts) -

All the Limit Break-esque moves are meant to be used while the enemy is staggered.  Lightning's Army of One and Sazh's Cold Blooded will increase the chain gauge rapidly.  Fang's High Wind and Snow's Sovereign Fist will deal a massive amount of damage (High Wind will do 200k on most enemies provided you don't have a genji glove).  However, their usage also ends the stagger.  I'm not too sure about Hope and Vanille though.

#6 Posted by BatOtaku13 (143 posts) -

use it when an enemy is staggered, that's the only time it is ever really useful.  it raises the chain gauge ridiculously high and allows for much more damage subsequently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.