Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Best way to progress through the Crystalarium?

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By ethan_raiden

Ciao, I'm at the point in the game now, where getting new milestones on the Crystalarium takes a VERY long time, I was wondering if it would be a good idea for now, to branch off into the other jobs, so I can get some easy HP and stats, or is it better to keep with the same one to max it out. I was wondering how you all decided to level up, and if you maybe know of any good guides that help out with the crystalarium? Cheers.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kowalski

It completely depends on what kinds of character you are going to use and how you design their abilities together. 
    I tried to lvl up one as commando/ravager, one as ravager/synergist and one as medic/ravager, which was the main usage for these characters. 
    Eventually you're gonna level up your characters to a point where it matters more what items you equip and it's level than the chrystarium. Just lvl up for all you got and worry more about equipping the right stuff for your party.

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WhytePanther

You get more stats per CP if you stick to the main threads, except maybe picking up the first row or two.  Personally, apart from giving Hope a few points in Sab so I could triple Sab to make death-spam killing Adamantoises a bit easier, I didn't spend a point on any of the alternate paths until I finished the three primaries.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By meptron

I stuck to the main paths, although I also upgraded Fang's sab role because I wanted somebody to cast haste (my fav. spell) in addition to being a sen.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By ethan_raiden

Yeah I'm doing pretty much the same, I think I need to start grinding though, I reached Pulse, and some of the enemies are still a bit too strong for me, like the giant red tomato things. Where as everything else in the game so far I've been really comfortable with. I'll just keep grinding out the missions before I go on with the story.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

Stick to the main paths until you reach pulse. then if you're feeling up to it, grind for 20 hours.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By kuwabaratheman

I would say to only focus on the other roles when you've already maxed out your current level of the Crystarium for the main 3 roles. It's also probably a good idea to only focus on one extra role at a time, to prevent spreading yourself too thin. It all depends on how much you feel like grinding, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.