Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

buying weapons, what is the point?

gabor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gabor

i have problems with the whole upgrading/buying system, i guess i'm just not sure if i should do it at all.

please note, that my plan is to simply finish the game. i am not planning to get ever trophy, or kill every optional boss (if there are any). and no spoilers please (i'm roughly in the middle of the game).

my problems is that i started to level up my starting weapons, and now they are around level 8, so they give like 50strength/50magic, and all the weapons i can buy/find are like 10strength/10magic. why should i buy them?

those new weapons i can buy or find do offer some additional benefits, like bonuses for debuffs and such, but the primary attributes are very low at level1, so i would have to upgrade them to the level of my current weapons.... but then i could also just continue upgrading my current ones.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

Some of the weapons that start off as total garbage can end up being very powerful if you upgrade them. And in some cases yes weapons do have special effects.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

Basically weapons exist for the purpose of the passive bonus. With a few exceptions (such as that weird magic cape for Snow) weapons have fairly similar stats so you should grab one with a bonus you like and upgrade it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.