Can Brad get that FFXIII review out already?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sofakingcool (354 posts) -

The game has now been out for 22 days, my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night... Brad they do pay you to review games right?

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Start a petition.

#3 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

So I heard you like feeling self-entitled? 

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -
@sofakingcool:   Have patience my friend.  It will be out soon.
#5 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Who cares... the game has been out long enough. There are enough reviews out there as well.

#6 Edited by sofakingcool (354 posts) -

I know guys and I'm not trying to be a dick but its really not that long of a game (maybe 40 hours). all the other sites  posted their reviews on time.

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4969 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" I know guys and I'm not trying to be a dick but its really not that long. all the other sites of a game (maybe 40 hours) posted their reviews on time. "
Then go read their reviews.
#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" I know guys and I'm not trying to be a dick but its really not that long. all the other sites of a game (maybe 40 hours) posted their reviews on time. "
You might not be trying to sound like one. But its the exact way you are commin across.  

Plus he is not JUST play FF13...he has lots of other stuff...he also restarted (If I recall right) Moving from 360 to Ps3 version. 
#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" The game has now been out for 22 days, my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night... Brad they do pay you to review games right? "
You really need his reivew to decide if you want it?
#10 Posted by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

Remember he ended up starting the game over on PS3 so maybe that's what's taking him till now. 

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" @sofakingcool said:
Then go read their reviews. "
#12 Posted by sofakingcool (354 posts) -

I like GB reviews... thats why I care and they have talked about it on the podcast so may times that it has peeked my interest and I want to know. dont judge me   The_Laughing_Man.

#13 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @zombie2011 said:
" @sofakingcool said:
Then go read their reviews. "
"
#14 Edited by animateria (3252 posts) -

We can say one thing for sure, if you can get a PS3 version!

#15 Posted by VillianHead (28 posts) -

Three stars, rent it and realize it's bad then pat yourself on the back for not buying it.

#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

if your waiting for his word on whither to buy or not your an idiot

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36090 posts) -
@MKHavoc said:
" Remember he ended up starting the game over on PS3 so maybe that's what's taking him till now.  "
It shouldn't take THAT long. After all, he could skip all the cutscenes, freeing up much of the game.
#18 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" The game has now been out for 22 days, my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night... Brad they do pay you to review games right? "
So your point is your roomate has less of a life than Brad? LOLs. Even if Brad beats it, he's gonna have to try to do the side missions and what not, just because thats the kind of work it takes to give an accurate review. Lets not also forget the fact that he has to write the damn thing as well. 
#19 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
"my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night "
Just play his! Oh my fuck.
#20 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -

damn, poor guy op. i hear ya, i also want to hear Brad's final thoughts on the game. i already beat it as well and just really want to hear his commentary, not for purchasing reasons.

#21 Posted by DystopiaX (5295 posts) -

because he has other stuff to do than play FFXIII, he played 9 hours then started over, etc. 

#22 Posted by hai2u (322 posts) -

It will probably be 3 - 4 stars.

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36090 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night
Huh? How many hours was it, because it was either all in one sitting or your friend abused whatever the hell the opposite of bullet-time is.
#24 Posted by Pepsiman (2459 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: A magical Delorean you can take up to 88 miles per hour?
#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36090 posts) -
@Pepsiman: 

That's actually a myth, time machines don't come in the form of cars designed by the guy from Speed. Besides, that's not how time machines work, which would confuse me even more if he used one to do that.
#26 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" all the other sites  posted their reviews on time. "
There's a reason GiantBomb isn't like all the other sites...
#27 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

Considering it is his job it has taken him some time to get the review out, i personally don't care though as i already bought the game.

#28 Posted by kingjulesxii (71 posts) -

The game's been out for a couple weeks. You should really know whether you want it or not by now.  

#29 Posted by sofakingcool (354 posts) -
@McSmunions said:
" damn, poor guy op. i hear ya, i also want to hear Brad's final thoughts on the game. i already beat it as well and just really want to hear his commentary, not for purchasing reasons. "
Thank you thats all I want as well. honestly I have no intention of playing the game... working on a masters degree is a little time consuming you see.
#30 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
Hey.

Shut up.
#31 Posted by sofakingcool (354 posts) -
@McSmunions said:
" damn, poor guy op. i hear ya, i also want to hear Brad's final thoughts on the game. i already beat it as well and just really want to hear his commentary, not for purchasing reasons. "
Thank you thats all I want really. Honestly I have no intention of playing the game... working on a masters degree is time consuming as it turns out.
#32 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Why do you need the review? We all know what it's going to be. 3 Stars; he will mention "uncanny valley" as he has done dozens of times for Heavy Rain (some people think good graphics = creepy, seems like a leap of logic to me), taking off 1 star. Then he will applaud the action sequences for their stylishness but say that they didn't innovate, then he will complain about the campy melodramatic dialogue, taking off the other star. In the video review we will see him pulling all sorts of Brads like dying to the first boss and stuff. 

#33 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

Your roommate probably did nothing in those 3 days other than play FFXIII then maybe sleep for a few hours, eat some cheetos and jerk off. 

#34 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

He had to start it on PS3 again.

#35 Posted by Demonstride (864 posts) -

I don't think we should rush Brad I mean that game is pretty long I'm 10 hours in and only on chapter 4. Especially considering since chapter 11 is supposed to be like 20 hours long.

#36 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6187 posts) -

Wait.

#37 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Yes it'll be nice to hear Brad's thoughts on the game, but all in good time. As many have said and you, yourself, realize, Brad's not the goto guy for whether or not you should buy FFXIII -- hell, just ask your roommate.  

Since that's not the issue at hand and you just want to read his thoughts on it, exercise a little patience. Brad doesn't owe you or anyone a review. Quite frankly, it amazing he is going to write one at all, as this is Giantbomb, and they haven't exactly spend much time talking about JRPGs outside of Persona 4. In fact, they hold quite a bit of contempt for the genre as a whole. 

#38 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I want to hear his thoughts, but it seems like its chances of a review ever going up is fading away.

I mean, it didn't take Jeff all that time to blow through GTA IV or Vinny on Fallout 3.

#39 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @sofakingcool said:
my roomate got it three days ago and he beat it last night
Huh? How many hours was it, because it was either all in one sitting or your friend abused whatever the hell the opposite of bullet-time is. "
I laughed quite a bit at that, thank you good Sir.
Also... 3 FUCKING DAYS SERIOUSLY??
#40 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

Brad said on his twitter a while back that it'll be out in seven. So just keep your hat on.

#41 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3188 posts) -

Shut the hell up. 

#42 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Giant Bomb has NEVER stated that they HAVE to review every game that comes out.  As a matter of fact, they've said the exact opposite. 

Personally, I prefer that Brad gets a THOROUGH experience with the game before he reviews it.  Luckily, he's spent a significant amount of time on the 360 version, then switched over to the PS3 version.  He's also been working on a number of the side quests. 

In essence, expect Brad's review to be one of the most in-depth ones for the game out there...and be proud and happy that he's going through that effort.

#43 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

I heard that Brad thinks it's "very cool"

#44 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -
@VillianHead: The real failure here is in judging that 3 stars is a bad game.
#45 Posted by Video_Game_King (36090 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
In essence, expect Brad's review to be one of the most in-depth ones for the game out there...and be proud and happy that he's going through that effort.
Wait, you mean the other reviews aren't in-depth? This game has a shitload of material for a review; you could write an entire book reviewing the game. Point me to the people who wrote one-sentence reviews of this game.
#46 Posted by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -

A stellar example of how the community treats people. Kudos.

#47 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

Just ask your friend what he thought of it then?  Or read the 1000 other reviews?  Christ.

#48 Posted by TheDeadComedian (231 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" So I heard you like feeling self-entitled?  "
that made my day
#49 Posted by jkz (4003 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" A stellar example of how the community treats people. Kudos. "
I know, god damn people get really damn defensive. 

As for the OP's question, I believe that other sites got the game earlier than Giantbomb did, which gave them more time to play it. Not 100% sure, but I think my recollection is correct.
#50 Posted by TheDeadComedian (231 posts) -
@sofakingcool said:
" @McSmunions said:
Thank you thats all I want as well. honestly I have no intention of playing the game... working on a masters degree is a little time consuming you see. "
Ok, up to a point I could kind of see where you're coming from. I didn't think you realized that they weren't sent an advanced copy. I could even imagine you really only care about giant bomb's opinion and thats why you were frustrated and not ooking at other reviews. But MY GOD, IF YOU WEREN'T GOING TO PLAY IT WHY ARE YOU BITCHING ABOUT IT?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.