Confirmed: NOT Coming out for PC

#1 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound

Kotaku updated there initial article with this statement straight from Square:
Update: We contacted Square Enix, and according to the company, "The game is being built using PC-based development tools, but that doesn’t mean it’s being created for the PC platform. Our current plans are to release FFXIII for the PS3 and Xbox 360 only. Sorry for the confusion!" So to recap, it's being created with PC-based dev tools, but with plans only for PS3/Xbox 360 console release.

TRAITORS?!
:P

#2 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3091 posts) -

A lot of things have been confirmed. And a lot of confirms have been broken. Trust nothing Square Enix says...

#3 Posted by Yunvon (120 posts) -

All I care is that the bloody game is good at this point.

#4 Posted by Beaudman (66 posts) -
Yunvon said:
"All I care is that the bloody game is good at this point.
"

Same here. I don't care what it's on, I just want to play it, and I want it to be good.
#5 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

While I find this whole charade now amusing more than anything, I do actually feel a bit bad for PC gamers who thought they might have gotten a port from this. I mean, the last time a PC gamer was able to play a Final Fantasy game legitimately without emulation was Final Fantasy VIII... And that port without certain updates... kinda stunk.

Unlike the drama associated with the PS3 and 360 ports (OMGZ multiple disks?!!?) , this would be a port that would be incredibly doable without any ramifications that I can see.

#6 Posted by Trickster (60 posts) -
vidiot said:
 this would be a port that would be incredibly doable without any ramifications that I can see.

Massive piracy issues?
#7 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
Trickster said:
"vidiot said:
 this would be a port that would be incredibly doable without any ramifications that I can see.

Massive piracy issues?"
piracy exists on the PC more, but recently less because games have gotten so big.. like 8 gigss.
#8 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Aww man, I was looking forward to it.

Damn you square

#9 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"Trickster said:
"vidiot said:

Massive piracy issues?"
piracy exists on the PC more, but recently less because games have gotten so big.. like 8 gigss.
"
I gotta say the size of the file isn't a deterrent in reality if someone wants to d/l it they will regardless of the size.
#10 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
vidiot said:
"http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound

Update: We contacted Square Enix, and according to the company, "The game is being built using PC-based development tools, but that doesn’t mean it’s being created for the PC platform. Our current plans are to release FFXIII for the PS3 and Xbox 360 only. Sorry for the confusion!" So to recap, it's being created with PC-based dev tools, but with plans only for PS3/Xbox 360 console release.

TRAITORS?!

"
That sounded more like a miscommunication than not making the game for the PC. Someone probably translated wrong.
#11 Edited by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -
LightYagami245 said:
"vidiot said:

TRAITORS?!

"
That sounded more like a miscommunication than not making the game for the PC. Someone probably translated wrong.
"
Yup. It was all a misunderstanding. They never intended to publish it on PC.
#12 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
hazelnutman said:
"LightYagami245 said:
"vidiot said:

TRAITORS?!

"
"
Yup. It was all a misunderstanding. They never intended to publish it on PC.
"
Right, so people shouldn't get angry about it.

It's better that they weren't planning it than if they cut the project.
#13 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"Trickster said:
"vidiot said:

Massive piracy issues?"
"

Ramifications based on how the game is made, the game is made on a PC like the developers said. Piracy is another issue altogether (a pretty damn real one.), and like Shotaro said there are viable ways around filesize issues.

#14 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

it all started from that Nvidia fan (or it might be official, i dunno) site.  They basically assumed it since they were developing it on an open platform and then finishing it on specific devkits.

The same site also said FF12 was released  on the xbox and pc so I guess this is to be expected.

#15 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I honestly think most everyone looking forward to getting FFXIII already had a PS3 or 360 anyway. I don't think the news should be that upsetting to PC owners... Unless they don't have one of those consoles or something.

#16 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

^ everyone likes FF.  Much like halo to be honest.  People just deny it.  lulzors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.