Damn you, Final Fantasy XIII!

Posted by Theexperience13 (15 posts) -

You;ve sucked me in again. I hadn't played the game in 3 months until I picked it up again on Monday, and now it's basically all I've been playing. I think I played it yesterday for like 5 hours straight after class til 1am. But now that I've only got 2 more missions to do and I got the Superstar trophy, it's like I have to get the Platinum Trophy no matter what. And that's what's killing me about this game. It's like "Aw, come on, you've already put in 100 hours! Why not put in just a few hundred more and annihilate the game?" and I'm like "Hmmm.......OKAY LET'S DO IT" cuz I'm a trophy whore like that and cuz nothing is quite as badass as the FFXIII Platinum Trophy (the only other one I have is RE 5 cuz I destroy all the Resident Evil games.)

#1 Posted by Theexperience13 (15 posts) -

You;ve sucked me in again. I hadn't played the game in 3 months until I picked it up again on Monday, and now it's basically all I've been playing. I think I played it yesterday for like 5 hours straight after class til 1am. But now that I've only got 2 more missions to do and I got the Superstar trophy, it's like I have to get the Platinum Trophy no matter what. And that's what's killing me about this game. It's like "Aw, come on, you've already put in 100 hours! Why not put in just a few hundred more and annihilate the game?" and I'm like "Hmmm.......OKAY LET'S DO IT" cuz I'm a trophy whore like that and cuz nothing is quite as badass as the FFXIII Platinum Trophy (the only other one I have is RE 5 cuz I destroy all the Resident Evil games.)

#2 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

I was determined to get the Platinum, but I've given up. I don't mind putting in the hours but the trophies themselves are not fun at all. You need 8 trapezohedrons and a ton of gil to make all the weapons and equipment which boils down to a ton of toise farming. Completing all the quests was fun but I don't like upgrading a bunch of gear I will never use. It's just a tedious process. I would have rather seen a trophy to max out 3 characters instead, which lvl 99 weapons and equipment maxed instead of the way it is now.

#3 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -

I beat it in 52 hours and haven't looked at it since.  I was afraid that I would fall in the same problem that you're in.  The combat system IS awesome though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.